How many can you string with a roll?

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by bluejeff, Nov 23, 2005.

1. bluejeff

bluejeff Regular Member

Developer
    As previous said, I got my BG-88Ti strings in reels (or rolls if you prefer) and I was wondering if I want to push it to the limits, how many rackets can I string with a 200m roll? (and how?)

So, I started to calculate how much of length I will need for one racket:
    For 22x22 pattern, about 9.0m.
    For 22x23 pattern, about 9.2m.

If a roll has 200m, then if I only string in 22x22 pattern, based on the calculations above, I should be able to crank out 22 rackets of uses. (22x23: 21 jobs)

PS: I only do stringing in 4 knots, I am not sure how many I can get from using 2 knots.

So, how many string jobs can you get? share you experiences!! :)

Attached Files:

2. Pete LSD

Pete LSD Regular Member

Soul Searching
    It also depends on the stringing machine. I have a drop-weight machine. The most I can crank out from a 200m reel is about 21 to 22 string jobs. All string jobs are four knots at 22 main strings and 22 cross strings. Main string is about 16.5 feet for main and 14.5 feet for cross.

On oval racquets (CAB 2X), I can reduce the main length to 16 feet.

#2 Pete LSD, Nov 23, 2005
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2005
  3. bluejeff

bluejeff Regular Member

Developer
    Ah, I realized that I have rackets that are in 22x21 pattern (NS7000, BR...etc), if I only use the roll to string those rackets, I should be able to crank out more!! :)

I don't know how much of length that I will need for 22x21 as I only measure the 22x22 and 22x23 ones. I guess I will watch out for those next time I string them and give you guys an update on those later.