Internet connection problems for shaw users?

Discussion in 'Chit-Chat' started by Nephrus, Nov 24, 2005.

1. Nephrus

Nephrus Regular Member

Hi
    Any shaw users from the Vancouver or greater vancouver area been experiencing periodical disconnections at all. For the past 2 days i have been losing internet connection from home. However when i called Shaw they say its not their fault because they ran a test on my modem and it was ok. They claim that it is probably the fault of my computer. They said that my norton antivirus was cutting of my connection or maybe i had spyware. i ran a systems check for it and i was clean. So i wanted to know if and BFers have the same problem or solution to it. (ITS MAKING IT IMPOSSIBLE FOR ME TO DOWNLOAD BADMINTON VIDEOS GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR :mad: :mad: :mad: )

2. madbad

madbad Regular Member

My connection's been good.

3. 604badder

604badder Member

Full time badminton fanatic, and student
    What are you using to download? Bittorrent? Maybe you've got it configured to crawl for too many peers and seeds. In that case, you'll be getting pings from so many computers out there that your acknowledge packets for each your downloading aren't making it back, so the other party throttles you down. In that case it wouldn't be a visible problem by the Shaw guys.

Just a starting guess.... not sure what may be happening unless you've got more details. :D

4. Nephrus

Nephrus Regular Member

I haven't done anything new to my computer in the last 2 days. It just happened out of nowhere... I use Emule to download but i haven't used it in the past week. my most current downloads were the China Open games from TuTu. and i did try to download from Megaupload... could those be potential problems?. But seriously i haven't done anything new to my computer. I have used Norton for many years now and it has never done this to me so i know its not from it.

5. wood_22_chuck

wood_22_chuck Regular Member

Electronics Technologist
    Yep, experienced frequent disconnects last week, but very brief ... maybe not more than 30 secs, but quite often. Seems to have righted itself (Shaw) since Monday though.

-dave

6. SmashingBird

SmashingBird Regular Member

Student, Badminton-student
    RICHMOND BC...ne hot girls from richmond that play
    me too...last week every once in a while i get disconnected, but when i unplug my cable from the router n connect it to my computer directly it is fine, but this week has been fine i guess trhey fixed it

7. Nephrus

Nephrus Regular Member

I don't have a router its direct connect to my computer. I tried doing the unplug and restart method many times Dave it just keeps repeating itself... The problem is my connection takes really long to get back on by itself... i have to go to network connection and press repair on my connection to boot it back up immediately... it seems to disconnect the first time in a 30 min interval then every time after that its an hour before it disconnects... I hope they fix this before the World Cup.....:mad: :D :mad: :mad: :mad: