Yonex MP28 from Korea? Number help....

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by josabermo, Nov 26, 2005.

1. josabermo

josabermo Regular Member

Hi-

Some of you might remember me from my earlier post where I was asking for advice on buying a racket for my boyfriend. I decided to buy him an MP 28 and found one selling on an online store in Korea for about $50. I couldn't find the MP 28 at any online US stores (Please recommend if you find any).

Looking at past posts about spotting fakes I had a question about the serial number. The vendor has a pic of a racket with the number 8008732 250754KR.

The date portion of the number looks okay - July 25, 2005, and the distribution country is correct. The thing that is throwing me off is the "8" in the 7 number series. I read on the board that the mid-lower end MP rackets were manufactured in Taiwan and that therefore the 7 series serial number should start with a "7". Have they jumped to 8 in the past year or is this vendor selling fake rackets? He of course insists that these are real rackets with serial numbers. Unfortunately since this is an online vendor, I cannot do the other checks (ie. looking at the logo, etc) to see if this rackets are authentic.

Any input would be appreciated.