hi im new... anyone from vancouver?

Discussion in 'Introduction' started by franzpatrick, Nov 29, 2005.

1. franzpatrick

franzpatrick New Member

student, crew
    hi im franz and i just migrated here in vancouver 2 weeks ago... im searching for a badminton court here in vancouver... can anyone help me...hehehe... i used to play evryday in the philippines and i sometimes join tourneys... thats why im kinda feeling weird now that i stoped playing badminton for 2 weeks.... grrr.... :crying: ... help anyone? hehehhe...tnx

2. J.T.M.X.

J.T.M.X. Regular Member

Welcome!

Hi frantzpatrick. Join the club of new immigrants to Vancouver!

Check out your local community centre for court rentals or drop-in badminton sessions (around 2hrs, a shared sesssion with other people). You'll probably also want to check out the Vancouver Racquets Club.

3. BTC2004

BTC2004 Regular Member

You are welcome to join us at Collingwood neighbourhood house by the Joyce Skytrain Station, Sunday 10:00am to 1:00pm, cost is $6.50, feather birds supplied. There are quite a few advance level players or you may choose to play us at the intermediate level:p . Regardless, lots of fun (unfortunately, no beginners please, our very own Break-My-String who runs the place for intermediate palyers and up only:crying: )Cheers!

4. wood_22_chuck

wood_22_chuck Regular Member

Electronics Technologist
    TURF WAR!!!! :D

You're also welcome to join the BadmintonForum members who play regularly on Saturday nights at VRC. $10 drop-in fee, or $7 if you have a guest pass. Just ask for one, and the BF VRC members do have some on hand. One thing, you have to provide your own shuttlecocks.

At Collingwood, the shuttlecocks are included in the drop-in fee. And BTC2004 is extremely friendly.

Welcome to BadmintonForum, franz ... hope to play with you soon.

There's another Filipino who just migrated here too, on the forum ... username "bentot" ... lemme know if you want his contact. He could be your Pinoy baddy contact here in Vancouver :D

-dave

5. franzpatrick

franzpatrick New Member

student, crew
    tnx for your replies... i think i must try both courts... hehehe... i wanna check it both :)... ill ask my cuzins about those places... hope to play with you soon...

hey dave... how can i contact bentot?

tnx...