Badminton Final (Men) Preview

Discussion in '2005 South East Asian Games - Badminton' started by NPBC001, Nov 29, 2005.

1. NPBC001

NPBC001 Regular Member

Alright. After days of competing, finally 2 best teams have emerged.:D as predicted the final showdown will be presented by 2 giants from the South East Asia as well as in the world.

Malaysia vs Indonesia :cool:

What do you think the game will be? Who will get the gold medal in this exiciting match?

My own opinion in analyzing the game as:

Taufik Hidayat vs Lee Chongwei (50-50, both are young, hard to predict cos they are in top form recently) i will choose Lee cos he is more skillful and agressive. Score, 0-1

Luluk Hadiyanto/Alven Yulianto vs Chan Choong Ming/Koo Kien Keat (hmmm.. 55-45, Indo has little advantage as they are more experience) it could be a rubble game, i will choose Indo pair as they are more powerful. Score, 1-1

Sony Dwi Kuncoro vs Muhd Hafiz Hashim (45-55, Hafiz has better morale as he grabbed 3 champs this year. Tough anyway.) i will choose Hafiz cos he is more versatile compare with Sony in terms of skill and rally. Score, 1-2

Markis Kido/Hendra Setiawan vs Choong Tan Fook/Lee Wan Wah (50-50, Malaysia Pair has bulk of experince but they are age-ing) i will choose Indo pair, Choong and Lee will get owned due to their inconsistency. Score, 2-2

Simon Santoso vs Wong Choong Hann (Ok. This will be the point to determine the winner:eek: . Both of them will be in great pressure, whoever can perform more steadily will be the winner.) I will choose Wong, cos he is an experience player and can handle the pressure. But again, his consistency will be his great obstacle to overcome. Score, 3-2

Ok. This is only my own opinion. How about you??? :)

2. jug8man

jug8man Regular Member

MultiTasked guy, Stress Addict, Leisure Bum, mad c
    In the word's of JR "Looks like this is gonna be on hell of a slobber knocker!!!"

I think it will go down the middle (3 : 2 scoreline) either way.

3. taufik-ist

taufik-ist Regular Member

it administrator

Taufik Hidayat vs Lee Chongwei (50-50, both are young, hard to predict cos they are in top form recently) i will choose Lee cos he is more skillful and agressive. Score, 0-1

mine: you're too subjective, lCW is more skillful than taufik :p ,

taufik:LCW = 55:45

Luluk Hadiyanto/Alven Yulianto vs Chan Choong Ming/Koo Kien Keat (hmmm.. 55-45, Indo has little advantage as they are more experience) it could be a rubble game, i will choose Indo pair as they are more powerful. Score, 1-1

mine: i agree with u :D

Sony Dwi Kuncoro vs Muhd Hafiz Hashim (45-55, Hafiz has better morale as he grabbed 3 champs this year. Tough anyway.) i will choose Hafiz cos he is more versatile compare with Sony in terms of skill and rally. Score, 1-2

mine : 2 player has the same problem, inconsitency . 50:50

Markis Kido/Hendra Setiawan vs Choong Tan Fook/Lee Wan Wah (50-50, Malaysia Pair has bulk of experince but they are age-ing) i will choose Indo pair, Choong and Lee will get owned due to their inconsistency. Score, 2-2

mine : ina:mas = 55:45

Simon Santoso vs Wong Choong Hann (Ok. This will be the point to determine the winner:eek: . Both of them will be in great pressure, whoever can perform more steadily will be the winner.) I will choose Wong, cos he is an experience player and can handle the pressure. But again, his consistency will be his great obstacle to overcome. Score, 3-2

mine: i agree with u , simon : wch = 40:60

the score will be 3:2 for ina, it's like previous sea games 2003

4. NPBC001

NPBC001 Regular Member

Hmmm... May be. I'm not subjective anyway. Tell you something, i am fancy Taufik :D . Really..

5. taufik-ist

it administrator
    the best word for LCW is

he is one year younger than taufik :D

6. **KZ**

**KZ** Regular Member

Student

do you mean jim ross or jonas?

7. taufik-ist

it administrator
    off topic, it's sea games

8. jug8man

jug8man Regular Member

MultiTasked guy, Stress Addict, Leisure Bum, mad c
    Jim Ross... :D and it's not off topic coz i was commenting on how i anticipate the match to be.

Not too sure on LCW vs Taufik.... but the fact that Taufik didn't publicly say he's gonna win this for indonesia makes me lean a bit more towards LCW taking 'this one'.

cheers
    8man

p.s. as to reduce future confusion, when i type JR it will mean Jim Ross, a very respected sports commentator IMHO badminton would do great with.
    Jonas Rasmussen shall from now forth be typed affectionately as 'Our JR' :D

#8 jug8man, Nov 29, 2005
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2005
  9. NPBC001

NPBC001 Regular Member

I see.. Anyway, LCW has improved a lot since last year. This will be a tough game.

10. taufik-ist

it administrator
    taufik said he expected gold medal on local sport newspaper (bolanewsport) though he would just play in men event.

11. rollerbuzz

rollerbuzz Regular Member

hey guys, i just watched the news and the line-up of players for malaysia has changed..

taufik vs chong wei
    sony vs hafiz hashim
    simon vs kuan beng hong
    alvent/luluk vs chong ming/kkk
    markis/hendra vs choong tan fook-wong choong hann

thats what i heard though.. :)

12. NPBC001

NPBC001 Regular Member

Thanks for your info Rollerbuzz. The situation has changed.
    Simon vs Kuan (50-50, again, this is depends on Kuan consistency. Simon will have more advantage unless Kuan gone crazy tonight.) I will choose Kuan as he sometimes perform very well in important match.

Markis Kido/Hendra Setiawan vs Choong Tan Fook/Wong Choong Han (60-40 obviously Indo team will have more advantage than Malaysia. WCH is not a doubles player after all. He played doubles before but couldnt perform although he started out his national team badminton career in mixed double. But he is just not suitable for it.) Indo will thrash Malaysia team unless WCH is on fire??

I think the final score may be Indo 3-2 to Malaysia. Unless Indo do not perform well in the match.

13. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Strange decisions.I think the balance tips over to the Indo side now. Markis/Hendra SHOULD win against Choong/Wong.

Simon also has a higher chance of winning now.

14. fishnet wen*yi

fishnet wen*yi Regular Member

student
    hmmm... i think taufik has got the upperhand against chong wei... chong wei had to struggle to bt boonsak earlier. unless taufik loses his form, i think he will clinch it.

sony vs. hafiz... should be hafiz if he is on form but then again, sony can be quite unpredictable. i'll bank on hafiz for this one though :p

kuan beng hong should be able to live up to his ranking against simon. at least i hope so.

alven/luluk vs. cong ming/kkk will be a real 50-50 match. should be the best match to watch besides the match between chong wei and taufik. hard to tell.

markis and hendra should be able to bt tan fook/choong han.

these r just my opinions. :D we shall wait and c now, shan't we?

15. Kamen

Kamen Regular Member

Self-Employed
    Why? Is Lee Wan Wah injured?

16. mirrura

mirrura Regular Member

part time dreamer
    that's why, i was wondering what kind of tactic is Yap Kim Hock planning. He seems to always like to have scratch pair in team event.
    Better hope it'll work

17. **KZ**

**KZ** Regular Member

Student
    any results so far?
    pls...1 of you pls tune in to warta perdana on rtm1 at 9.45 for the sport news..
    it could be later oso..its the last news..so if 9.45 still not on tv..wait for a few min..thx
    and pls post results here..

18. tutu_h

tutu_h Regular Member

actually he should put

WCH against Taufik
    LCW against Sony
    Hafiz against Simon

at least here the M'sia team will get 2 points even though Taufik wins.

just my 2 cents.

19. wl2172

wl2172 Regular Member

Cant do that, must go according to world rankings.

20. tutu_h

tutu_h Regular Member

it's already 1 hour ++, should have the result of the 1st match, haven't they?