User Tag List

Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Sydney Australia/Hong Kong
    Posts
    73
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Report of our 1st HK baddie meeting

    thought i'd write something about our first meeting @ HK:

    on the 30th nov, peggy, calvin, alan and myself (ken) went to peggy's club @ aberdeen to play baddie. everything was going fine until i realised that i brought my white pants instead of white shorts... in desperation, i rolled up my jeans to make it into some sort of makeshift shorts (pity we didn't get a pic of it).

    thinking that we were at least "intermediate" players, we thought that we'd get a couple of close/good games in. we were proven wrong in our 2nd game, when some guy with a pony tail came in with backhand smashes and everything... that game jus ended in tragedy... ><

    to add to my troubles, my yonex factory grip was crumbling with every stroke... at the end of the night, i was playing with a half wooden racket =( thanx peggy 4 your grip offer tho ^^

    all in all, it was a fun nite, thanx peggy and ppls 4 the games!

    ken

  2. #2
    Regular Member red00ecstrat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Hong Kong S.A.R. China
    Posts
    1,985
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by neo_Rabbit
    thought i'd write something about our first meeting @ HK:

    on the 30th nov, peggy, calvin, alan and myself (ken) went to peggy's club @ aberdeen to play baddie. everything was going fine until i realised that i brought my white pants instead of white shorts... in desperation, i rolled up my jeans to make it into some sort of makeshift shorts (pity we didn't get a pic of it).

    thinking that we were at least "intermediate" players, we thought that we'd get a couple of close/good games in. we were proven wrong in our 2nd game, when some guy with a pony tail came in with backhand smashes and everything... that game jus ended in tragedy... ><

    to add to my troubles, my yonex factory grip was crumbling with every stroke... at the end of the night, i was playing with a half wooden racket =( thanx peggy 4 your grip offer tho ^^

    all in all, it was a fun nite, thanx peggy and ppls 4 the games!

    ken
    when will u guys hold the second meeting? plz let me know hehe....
    by the way, who's that guy with a pony tail? form other club? um....u know, backhand smash! that's what i wanna learn!

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    6,302
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    I saw this guy with a very short ponytail in 2002 in a few district tournaments. The dude was a right hander and very skinny. He and his partner consistently beated Cheung and his friend. Not sure if we are talking about the same dude?

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    HK
    Posts
    105
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by neo_Rabbit
    thought i'd write something about our first meeting @ HK:

    on the 30th nov, peggy, calvin, alan and myself (ken) went to peggy's club @ aberdeen to play baddie. everything was going fine until i realised that i brought my white pants instead of white shorts... in desperation, i rolled up my jeans to make it into some sort of makeshift shorts (pity we didn't get a pic of it).

    thinking that we were at least "intermediate" players, we thought that we'd get a couple of close/good games in. we were proven wrong in our 2nd game, when some guy with a pony tail came in with backhand smashes and everything... that game jus ended in tragedy... ><

    to add to my troubles, my yonex factory grip was crumbling with every stroke... at the end of the night, i was playing with a half wooden racket =( thanx peggy 4 your grip offer tho ^^

    all in all, it was a fun nite, thanx peggy and ppls 4 the games!

    ken
    There were a total of 19 people that night !!! Haven't had such turn out in decades!! Nice to meet you guys and hope that your rocket-making career will take off soon !!

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    HK
    Posts
    105
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pete LSD
    I saw this guy with a very short ponytail in 2002 in a few district tournaments. The dude was a right hander and very skinny. He and his partner consistently beated Cheung and his friend. Not sure if we are talking about the same dude?
    Guess not cos that guy plays for creational purpose ..

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Sydney Australia/Hong Kong
    Posts
    73
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by red00ecstrat
    when will u guys hold the second meeting? plz let me know hehe....
    by the way, who's that guy with a pony tail? form other club? um....u know, backhand smash! that's what i wanna learn!
    ^^ jus drop down ur email and we'll keep u in the loop =)

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Sydney Australia/Hong Kong
    Posts
    73
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by psplrd
    Guess not cos that guy plays for creational purpose ..
    omg... THAT guy was recreational?! then wat are we? beginners?

  8. #8
    New Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by neo_Rabbit
    omg... THAT guy was recreational?! then wat are we? beginners?
    I'mmm not too sure about u & Calvin (think not...), but I'm (over-age too !)

    other than that:
    ~ it's fun for me, esp. not played for 20+ yrs
    ~ great to have met 3 BC members, esp. Peggy who's so kind to drove us all the way from Festival walk to Aberdeen

  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Sydney Australia/Hong Kong
    Posts
    73
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    hehe... no worries, we're all in the same boat

  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    HK
    Posts
    105
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Me2005
    I'mmm not too sure about u & Calvin (think not...), but I'm (over-age too !)

    other than that:
    ~ it's fun for me, esp. not played for 20+ yrs
    ~ great to have met 3 BC members, esp. Peggy who's so kind to drove us all the way from Festival walk to Aberdeen
    No sweat mannn....always nice to meet new friends

    Peggy

  11. #11
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    22
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Hahah sorry to reply this late..but really appreciate Peggy's offering the ride...hehe you know, I was a bit nervous to get into a total stranger car going to a relatively remote place (its remote for me, as I'm a Kowlooner )

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    : 03-22-2010, 06:59 AM
  2. Hi Baddie-People!!
    By ChopstixWeasel in forum Introduction
    Replies: 4
    : 03-29-2009, 02:29 AM
  3. baddie courts for booking in Markham
    By Carbonlist in forum Canada East
    Replies: 5
    : 03-03-2009, 12:28 PM
  4. French Open 2008 M & Q Report (main and qualifying report)
    By george@chongwei in forum Dutch Open / Denmark Open / French Open 2008
    Replies: 12
    : 10-18-2008, 02:33 PM
  5. Victor VT-82 Baddie Shoes
    By Pete LSD in forum Clothing & Footwear
    Replies: 10
    : 04-29-2007, 03:34 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •