User Tag List

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pete LSD
    Are we getting philisophical Gollum ? Have you been reading I Ching lately ?
    No, I'm afraid that my (detailed) studies of philosophy have been restricted to Western philosopy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kamikaze
    how do u control the bird with such low tension? do u play competitively? i find it odd for a player to use 13lbs. You are making yourself look bad, as with this quote it reflects your concern over material rather than your own skill.
    precisely what i have been thinking, it doesn't matter that these strings are in a ti10, they will have hardly any control

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

NS7k

BG-85
    23lbs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fpixi
    NS7k

BG-85
    23lbs

what do you think of bg85 compared to bg80?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kamikaze
    how do u control the bird with such low tension? do u play competitively? i find it odd for a player to use 13lbs. You are making yourself look bad, as with this quote it reflects your concern over material rather than your own skill.
    Not sure what people mean by control. My badminton is not at that level yet. I play in division 3 league games for my club. At my current rate of progress, I should reach division 2 level in 6 months time. I don't do chops or slices. I clear, smash, push, drive, and drop. I don't find low tension being a hinderance. MicroLegendXL has superb accuracy at low tension. I have not had a single wide of the mark by 2 foot experience with it in 3 months. Before I had the low tension, I could berely play in a division 3 game. After low tension, I was above average in a division 3 game. So material made all the differnce to me. I look good when I win games. Skills don't seem to matter as much.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CoolDoob
    Not sure what people mean by control. My badminton is not at that level yet. I play in division 3 league games for my club. At my current rate of progress, I should reach division 2 level in 6 months time. I don't do chops or slices. I clear, smash, push, drive, and drop. I don't find low tension being a hinderance. MicroLegendXL has superb accuracy at low tension. I have not had a single wide of the mark by 2 foot experience with it in 3 months. Before I had the low tension, I could berely play in a division 3 game. After low tension, I was above average in a division 3 game. So material made all the differnce to me. I look good when I win games. Skills don't seem to matter as much.
    by control we mean acurracy and ability to keepa shot unfer control, e.g. keeping a net shot tight enough

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, I think my shots are under control, except those times when I hit the shuttle with the frame. Can't say I am a net player. But my push just over the net is a total killer. I could do that with high or low tension.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, I think my shots are under control, except those times when I hit the shuttle with the frame. Can't say I am a net player. But my push just over the net is a total killer. I could do that with high or low tension.
    you have proved everyone's theory wrong!the theory is that the higher the tension the more control, so you would expect a very low tension to have no control

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lindanfan
    you have proved everyone's theory wrong!the theory is that the higher the tension the more control, so you would expect a very low tension to have no control
    And I thought no one could maintain a 30+ posts a day average for more than their first day, but y'know, you proved me wrong too.

---

Since we're already Wildly off-topic, I just want to add, I feel more comfortable with lower tensions (18-21lbs) for net play, I feel I control the power Very well on Long drop shots, or tight net play, etc.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SPaterson
    And I thought no one could maintain a 30+ posts a day average for more than their first day, but y'know, you proved me wrong too.

---

Since we're already Wildly off-topic, I just want to add, I feel more comfortable with lower tensions (18-21lbs) for net play, I feel I control the power Very well on Long drop shots, or tight net play, etc.
    but 18-21lbs isn't as low as 13lbs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lindanfan
    but 18-21lbs isn't as low as 13lbs
    Back in the old days, the top international pro's were using 10Lb tension. I have definitely proved them right. Hmmm if I want to be a pro, I must reduce my tension by 3 more pounds ....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Back in the old days, the top international pro's were using 10Lb tension. I have definitely proved them right. Hmmm if I want to be a pro, I must reduce my tension by 3 more pounds ....
    you might as well just have no tension

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't tempt me, I may well try. A young man like you should have more sense of adventure.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't tempt me, I may well try. A young man like you should have more sense of adventure.
    ye but sense of adventure is using very high tensions

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gollum
    Please let us not have another thread killed by argument about CoolDoob's opinions on low tension.
    Oh dear. Early warning signs have been ignored. The thread is now fibrillating with an unshockable rhythm. I estimate 70% chance that either:

1. The thread will die soon; or
    2. It will suffer permanent brain damage, leading to aphasia and the inability to talk anything but drivel.

Actually, (2) appears well underway already

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wrong, if you want to be pro now, you need to increase your tension by 2.5 times. 13lbs. x 2.5 = 32.5lbs...perfect!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gollum
    Oh dear. Early warning signs have been ignored. The thread is now fibrillating with an unshockable rhythm. I estimate 70% chance that either:
    1. The thread will die soon; or
    2. It will suffer permanent brain damage, leading to aphasia and the inability to talk anything but drivel.

Actually, (2) appears well underway already
    well he shouldn't have such a low tension to intrigue us all LOL

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast