SEA Games Day 6 -- Finals

Discussion in '2005 South East Asian Games - Badminton' started by badMania, Dec 2, 2005.

1. badMania

badMania Regular Member

3 All-Indonesian Finals and 3 confirmed GOLD MEDALS.
    The problem for the officials is to "let" who win....

MEN'S SINGLES
    Sony Dwi Kuncoro vs Simon Santoso
    -- if there is team order, I believe the coach would have told Sony to "let" Simon win --> so that this win can be a platform for Simon to really become a world class player and go all the way next year

MEN'S DOUBLES
    Luluk Hadiyanto/Alven Yulianto vs Markis Kido/Hendra Setiawan
    -- on form, no doubt Luluk/Alven will clinch it! Team order will also let them win because Markis/Hendra already clinched 2 titles this year.

MIXED DOUBLES
    Nova Widianto/Lilyana Natsir vs Anggun Nugroho/Yunita Tetty
    -- world champion to win their third title this year! BUT, team order could also let Anggun/Yunita taste their first ever gold medal.

Now...for the more important clashes:
    WOMEN'S SINGLES
    Wong Meow Choo vs Adrianti Firdasari
    -- I am rooting for Firda to win! A SEA Games gold will boost the entire women's singles department. Hendrawan also deserves something for his coaching in the past 1 year!

WOMEN'S DOUBLES
    Jo Novita/Greysia Polii vs Wong Pei Tty/Chin Ee Hui
    -- as I mentioned in other thread, Wong/Chin has the tendency to falter in the final. Jo/Greysia has improved a lot these 2 mths and they have beaten the top seed Saralee/Sathinee. They and Atik Jauhari deserve a fitting end to the year.

#1 badMania, Dec 2, 2005
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2005
  2. dugz86

dugz86 Regular Member

I Agree with you. My prediction are same with u but i think Sony will win because Sony has more experience and sometimes Simon is not constant, If in good form he can beat the top players, and i think he has stage fright. (ayo Son kamu bisa)

For Luluk/Alven i know them very well. Now is the time to them win the Gold for Indo. I think Luluk can be more confidence now because the opponent are not strong enough. Maybe Kido/Jangkis can be the dark horse. (Mas Luluk nanti di Cipayung aku traktir klo menang)

Nova/Butet i think can win because they have more exp than anggun/yunita. the 1st indo pair can get the gold on the final. (Ayo mas Kidengg)

Adriyanti Firdasari in the top form now but wong is the good player. the chance to win is 50-50. Perhaps Indo can beat Malaysia. :)

Jo/Bogel In the top form now. kak Atik maybe can happy if they can beat the msian pair. Last meeting Jo/bogel lost to msian pair (If i'm not wrong) Perhaps they can revenge. Ayooo Bogellllll

3. badMania

badMania Regular Member

On an side note...hmm...why are Hendra Setiawan called "Jangkis" and Greysia Polii called "Bogel"? This is the first time I heard these nicknames. Just curious who are the Indonesian chinese among these batch of young players. I am pretty sure that Butet, Hendra, Greysia, Yunita, and Firda are. For the generation above them, I suspect Alven and Jo (could be her chinese surname) Novita are. I couldn't tell because the chinese papers are not reporting their chinese names. For the veterans still playing now, only Candra (Chen Jialiang) and Eng Hian (Xu Yongxian) have "official" chinese names.

Seems u are pretty close to the Cipayung players and officials ah? I saw most of them while they were at the HK Open, training on the multi-purpose halls in between matches, eg: Simon, Candra, Ko Herry, Sony, Anggun, and Yunita

Also chatted with Minarti Timur and an Indonesian official (forget his name). Bumped into Yunita Tetty as well after she has finished her quarter-final match against Lee/Lee, but, didnt chat with her. Also saw Butet with her video-camera during the match between Jo/Greysia and Emms/Kellogg. Saw one other women double player which I didn't recognize...could be either Lita or Nathalia.

Hmm....if I am around in HK next November, perhaps I will volunteer myself as a liason officer during the HK Open and hope to know these players more!

4. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

hmm, how about Simon Santoso(sounds like has a chinese surname to me)..??.. :confused: :rolleyes:

you *should* badMania, when you have the chance.. :) :cool:
    but since you are living in HK and they hold HK Open practically every year, you can see & meet the players often, if they decide to come...Us folkz living here in the states, bleh, won't have many chances to see many of the international pro players playing in our backyard.. :p :(

5. badMania

badMania Regular Member

I lost the chance this year :cool:

I might not be around in HK next November because there's a chance that I will have to go to the States for several months from end 2006 till early 2007. If they hold the HK Open as originally scheduled at the end of July, I will definitely be around!

6. Sandy

Sandy Regular Member

It's hard to know some "North Sulawesi" players (Liliana Natsir, Greysia Polii, Nathalia Poluakan also Heny Budiman, Lily Tampi, Deyana Lomban & Flandy Limpele in men) are native Indonesian or Chinese Indonesian, they are looked similar. For those name I'm sure just Poluakan is Chinese Indonesian and Flandy & Deyana are native Indonesian. Lita Nurlita is mixed Chinese & Sundanese.

Simon Santoso, Jo Novita, Yunita Tetty, Hendra Setiawan, Alven Yulianto are Chinese Indonesian.

All 3 players (Firda, Maria & Fransisca) are native Indonesian, not sure with Wiwis Meyliana & Rosaria Pungkasari in Pelatnas.

7. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Hmm...never expected Simon Santoso to be a Chinese...he doesn't look like a Chinese to me :rolleyes: I am actually pretty convinced that he is not. Well, at least the other ones are pretty obvious. Currently, their chinese names are direct translations from their Indo names.

On the other hand, Firda does look like a Chinese. Similarly, for Butet and Greysia.

8. Sandy

Sandy Regular Member

maybe you looked wrong Simon, like in other post you ask Markis Kidho's pic as Simon's

9. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    I hoe the msian gals will bag the gold. Its really dissapointing to hear that the boys lost in the individual event.

10. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Err...that was not my post I believe, it was Chris's:p I have seen Simon before.

11. dugz86

dugz86 Regular Member

Simon is chinese. He is from Tegal. Greysia is half chinese half indo. She is from manado. Maybe for all the women's singles players are not chinese(not really close with them). Butet is chinese. Hendra setiawan is chinese. Kido is not chinese. Lita and nathalia also not chinese. Jo Novita is chinese.:)

12. Sandy

Sandy Regular Member

Lita Nurlita ever say in Bola Tabloid that she if mixed half Chinese & Sundanese.
    I ever seen Nathalia Poluakan, her face & physically clearly Chinese.

this is the link some people talked and posted the picture about Simon Santoso

http://www.badmintoncentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12936

13. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

:eek: ...you're coming here to the states next year??... :eek: if so, looking forward to you coming herel!!..:) :cool:
    perhaps you can play some baddie with us??..do you know where, which state, you will be going to??...that's cool badMania!.. :)

14. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

yah, that was me, not badMania, guessing it was Simon(just because he was standing next to Taufik and Sony and thought they were the 3 MS players)..:p..after looking at the pic again, i remembered Markis' face and realized it wasn't Simon.. :p

15. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

16. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    Indonesia had a chance to sweep all golds in the individual events. At least a consolation after losing out in for both men and womens and team events.
    No body could expect this kind of results.. even me. Only 2 msians in the finals and suprisingly in womens event.

17. Sandy

Sandy Regular Member

I predict 4 for Indonesia and 1 for Malaysia, WMC in Women's Single.

18. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Off the topic:
    Well, I was there in January, in Phillie and NY. Suprisingly, Phillie has a pretty large population of Indos (both students and working adults). Some even told me they are working in factories :eek: :eek:

I should be based in Austin if I am confirmed going there....for a few mths only. I will definitely drop u a PM if I am going to the States. My younger sis lives there actually (in Columbus).

19. badMania

badMania Regular Member

He looked a bit tanned when I saw him at the QE stadium last mth. Thats why I thought he is a native. Never in my mind I thought he is a chinese.

20. Sandy

Sandy Regular Member

Widianto/Natsir lead 15-6 ind 1st set

live broadcast in ANTV