places in houston,texas

Discussion in 'USA East' started by tomattexas, Dec 2, 2005.

1. tomattexas

tomattexas Regular Member

anyone here play in houston,i live about 20 mins from downtown(where most of the major clubs are) off I-45 close to the woodlands.i found one club but they only have 1 court to play on.anyone from houston,could you give me more listings and locations in my area of town?

2. bluejeff

bluejeff Regular Member

Developer
    I live in Houston as well, and by the way, Houston is considered as west of USA. You might find some more threads in that section as well.

3. tomattexas

hi jeff

i read your thread,how's the programs at UH.it's been over 10 years since i was into it back in canada,now that i've move here,i don't have any friends that play the sport and besides i need to get back in shape.

4. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

For your info, Houston will be the next new IBF Training Center set to open. Still waiting the word when it'll be opening up. The others are in China, Malaysia, Germany and Bulgaria..

#4 ctjcad, Dec 2, 2005
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2005
  5. Pete LSD

Pete LSD Regular Member

Soul Searching
    What's the course of training at IBF Training Center? Does the cost include accomadation and food?

6. bluejeff

bluejeff Regular Member

Developer
    Is it going to be available to regular people? :confused: do you know where is it going to be?

7. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Pete,
    i have no clue whatsoever about the training course at the IBF TC. But by reading at the IBF website, with numerous articles from some players attending the camp, i can get some feel of what they are offering for the courses. Yes, the camp does include accommodation and meals. However, only selected players are able to come..

8. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

bj,
    Hmm, "regular people" like you and me and us BCers and badminton fans??..hmmm, that i don't know. Most likely not, because i believe only junior or young-up-and-coming players from National Teams are invited or selected to train...Wish if they could have it open to the public.. :p :rolleyes:

As for the place and exact location, sorry, i do not know at the moment. Nor who will be the coaches. I'm still trying to find that out myself.. :p :confused:

9. bluejeff

bluejeff Regular Member

Developer
    sigh.... I want to be in a nice badminton with a coach(s) so that I can improve my skills. Please!! I want to be tortured on court !! :p:D

10. Pete LSD

Pete LSD Regular Member

Soul Searching
    Thanks Chris :) . It is very difficult to find badminton camps for adults.

11. thaibadboy

thaibadboy New Member

Where to play in houston

I play every wednesday at North Harris college(I45 at richie) which has only one court, and friday at fonden creation center(about I45 and allen parkway) which has 8 court and lot of ppl play(free).

12. tomattexas

hey dude,thanx for the lead.could you give me more info on the fonden recreation center,or maybe a website(address).of course the north harris colloege is much closer but what do you do when you're waiting for the others to finish?i would hate to go there and just sit around..hehe.

13. thaibadboy

thaibadboy New Member

www.houstonbadmintonclub.com However, because it's free and lots of ppl play, you have to wait anyway on this 8 courts. Lots of good player play, and they play double only. They allow you to play 2 set of 15 points, no matter what you win or lose, you have to leave that court, and have to stay in the line. By this, it guarantee that everybody will play. good luck.