Chan-Chew

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Sonnie, Mar 23, 2002.

1. Sonnie

Sonnie Guest

Chan Chong Ming-Chew Choon Eng will likely be seeded no 2 in Korean Open and Japan Open, based on their latest world ranking. But will they live up to expectations?

2. Brian

Brian Guest

i doubt so.

3. nauknip

nauknip Regular Member

The Koreans are back. Nothing will come easy anymore, not even for the Indonesians, less say Chan/Chew. Moreover, you're talking about the Korean Open here.

These 2 tournaments will be really exciting esp the Japan Open cos they're the last tounaments before the TC Finals. You can expect a lot of speculation after that.

Nevertheless, it'll be GREAT if CHAN/Chew can win their first title!!! =)
    Go Chan Chong Ming!!

4. Indo

Indo Guest

Chan/Chew has imporoved a lot. My friend saw them in action in Melbourne. They humbled all their opponents, including the Korean and the top Thai pairs.

5. willie

willie Guest

Bear in mind who their coach is, and they'll keep improving under his guidance.

6. nauknip

nauknip Regular Member

Ha/Kim is a stronger pair than Lee/Yoo, or at the very least, more consistent. I'm not saying CHAN/Chew aren't good. May I be struck by lightning if I had thought that way. Of course I wish for them to win, better still if they win BOTH, but who's to say for certain who'll win? It'll be a great fight between all the top pairs.

Perhaps it's good to have such an open field once again. For a long period last year, people always expected all-INA finals and most of the time it turned out to be so. Gradually, it was taken for granted that one of the top 2 INA pairs would win so long as they took part, then came Tony's retirement.......

GO INA!!!! if they still wish to defend the T-Cup...
    oh btw, most coaches will decide upon the TC/UC lineup judging from the players' performances in these 2 opens.

7. Jafryin

Jafryin Guest

They have improved a lot esp under the guidance of Pak Joo Bong....very talented and what they need is just more exposure . They need also to win any major tournament to boost up their level of confidence.

8. nauknip

nauknip Regular Member