User Tag List

Page 19 of 33 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 LastLast
Results 307 to 323 of 557
  1. #307
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    WWAAO
    Posts
    2,125
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    okay lets say my hand did slip when i tried to play this smash because the grip was kinda slippery (the shuttle went into the net).
    so do i need a more tacky grip or a more sweat absorbing one ?

  2. #308
    Regular Member DinkAlot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    dcbadminton.net
    Posts
    12,203
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by llpjlau View Post
    okay lets say my hand did slip when i tried to play this smash because the grip was kinda slippery (the shuttle went into the net).
    so do i need a more tacky grip or a more sweat absorbing one ?
    It depends. Normally, more sweat absorbing but many tacky grips also absorb sweat very well.

    I'd say first determine what kind of feel you like, tacky or non-tacky, then go from there. I would say once broken in, Wilson X-Tra Tack is still the one to beat for ultra tacky and Prince No Sweat! for non-tacky.

  3. #309
    Regular Member gsloh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    391
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Just recently tried a Toalson Neo Quick Overgrip. Mr Soh from Classic Sports, Singapore recommended them for my new rackets as the free grip. Its quite thin and I would say medium tacky.

    As it is pretty thing, it doesn't give much cushioning, but I'm quite impressed with how the tackiness of the grip has lasted, even after approximately 20hours of heavy palm sweating in hot weather. Not too sure about general durability though, as the edges near the racket butt cap has started to wear out/tear, exposing the white fibres in the grip.

    Still say its worth a look, and wish I had got more!

  4. #310
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    148
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DinkAlot View Post
    It depends. Normally, more sweat absorbing but many tacky grips also absorb sweat very well.

    I'd say first determine what kind of feel you like, tacky or non-tacky, then go from there. I would say once broken in, Wilson X-Tra Tack is still the one to beat for ultra tacky and Prince No Sweat! for non-tacky.
    Hi Dan...
    I am wondering how you find the durability of the Prince No Sweat! so far... I'm in the same situation as llpjlau right now... I originally wanted to give the Wilson Ultra Wrap a try but I can't seem to find it locally...

  5. #311
    Regular Member DinkAlot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    dcbadminton.net
    Posts
    12,203
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tsuioku View Post
    Hi Dan...
    I am wondering how you find the durability of the Prince No Sweat! so far... I'm in the same situation as llpjlau right now... I originally wanted to give the Wilson Ultra Wrap a try but I can't seem to find it locally...
    I need to update the review...

    The Prince No Sweat! is very durable, a rating of Excellent or Excellent-. My double's partner has "sandpaper" hands and I let him test the durability of all the grips. The Prince No Sweat! passed with flying colors.

    I'm also in the process of testing grips from Fischer, Dunlop and a few others, all promising...

  6. #312
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Surabaya - Indonesia
    Posts
    836
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    After tried these 2 kind of overgrip,

    For me:

    Wilson x-tra tack
    Thickness: medium
    Feel: average
    Durability: average
    Cushion: average
    Tackiness: good
    Sweat absorb: average
    Overall: good –

    Wilson pro overgrip
    Thickness: thin
    Feel: excellent
    Durability: average –
    Cushion: good –
    Tackiness: good –
    Sweat absorb: good –
    Overall: good +

    Still the best tackiness grip for me karakal pu supergrip black (very sticky and very cushion, the weakness just too thick and not an overgrip)

  7. #313
    Regular Member DinkAlot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    dcbadminton.net
    Posts
    12,203
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sifuyono View Post
    Still the best tackiness grip for me karakal pu supergrip black (very sticky and very cushion, the weakness just too thick and not an overgrip)
    Of course, the Karakal PU is great but like you said it's a replacement grip. There are many excellent replacement grips on par with the PU. Again, my review is for overgrips only and they cannot compare to replacement grips in terms of performance...maybe I should add that.

  8. #314
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Surabaya - Indonesia
    Posts
    836
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    But different people have different and own perception,
    for me, your review still excellent dink.. nice work hahaha...

  9. #315
    Regular Member DinkAlot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    dcbadminton.net
    Posts
    12,203
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sifuyono View Post
    But different people have different and own perception,
    for me, your review still excellent dink.. nice work hahaha...
    I'm not talking about perception, I'm talking about fact, overgrips are different than replacement grips. Replacement grips costs $5 each while overgrips are $4/pack of 3. I'm not comparing overgrips to replacements grips. You need to keep that in mind.

  10. #316
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Surabaya - Indonesia
    Posts
    836
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DinkAlot View Post
    I'm not talking about perception, I'm talking about fact, overgrips are different than replacement grips. Replacement grips costs $5 each while overgrips are $4/pack of 3. I'm not comparing overgrips to replacements grips. You need to keep that in mind.
    In my country, there is no difference in price between overgrip and replacement grip, but yah, you're right, can't compare something that different

  11. #317
    Regular Member DinkAlot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    dcbadminton.net
    Posts
    12,203
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sifuyono View Post
    In my country, there is no difference in price between overgrip and replacement grip, but yah, you're right, can't compare something that different
    Wow! Lucky you!

  12. #318
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Surabaya - Indonesia
    Posts
    836
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DinkAlot View Post
    Wow! Lucky you!
    Not lucky anymore, i decide not to use replacement grip anymore
    Now mine, wilson pro or xtra tack (still prefer pro than xtra tack)
    Compare to karakal pu, the price of wilson is still 15% more expensive than karakal PU.

  13. #319
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Surabaya - Indonesia
    Posts
    836
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    use wilson xtra tack for the second time,
    feel is increase and suit my palm very well compare to wilson pro, but xtra tack feel so slippery, not good at sweat absorb, no cushion... even it's thickness is medium but still feel rigid. so i wonder why this thing get 2nd tackiest overgrip by dinkalot. Almost no tacky at all for the sweaty palm.
    finally back to my old wilson pro overgrip, even thinner but the feel is outstanding IMO.
    Dink are you feel the same as mine? Or i should do more to "break in" this overgrip?
    Last edited by sifuyono; 07-05-2007 at 08:26 PM.

  14. #320
    Regular Member DinkAlot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    dcbadminton.net
    Posts
    12,203
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    What color are you using? Color makes a difference. The XT I prefer is black. I tried gray and it's too thin and initially is extremely tacky but gets slippery quick. It doesn't even feel like it's the same grip.

    Anyway, the black is my recommended XT and gray is an avoid. Red was good too.

    Quote Originally Posted by sifuyono View Post
    use wilson xtra tack for the second time,
    feel is increase and suit my palm very well compare to wilson pro, but xtra tack feel so slippery, not good at sweat absorb, no cushion... even it's thickness is medium but still feel rigid. so i wonder why this thing get 2nd tackiest overgrip by dinkalot. Almost no tacky at all for the sweaty palm.
    finally back to my old wilson pro overgrip, even thinner but the feel is outstanding IMO.
    Dink are you feel the same as mine? Or i should do more to "break in" this overgrip?

  15. #321
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    143
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    no wonder i dont' feel the same... i have the grey... o well. i wil try the red next.

  16. #322
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    143
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    dink, is black better than red

  17. #323
    Regular Member DinkAlot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    dcbadminton.net
    Posts
    12,203
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Avatar View Post
    dink, is black better than red
    Close, I both are good, probably equal.

Page 19 of 33 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 2
    : 02-20-2011, 05:31 AM
  2. Wilson [K]ontrol Grip review
    By gavinloh in forum Grip
    Replies: 1
    : 01-06-2011, 03:59 PM
  3. Victor Hornet Series Review Bumblebee 01 and Bumblebee 02 Review
    By cycilver in forum Badminton Rackets / Equipment
    Replies: 18
    : 12-06-2010, 07:34 AM
  4. Replies: 4
    : 08-31-2006, 12:07 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •