User Tag List

Page 22 of 33 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post, but opening a new topic for it was a bit silly I guess..

I was wondering if anyone had some experience with the Carlton Stitched Grip? I'm looking for an alternative to the Yonex SuperGrap: I would prefer a more durable and a little thicker grip.

Kind regards,
    Stijn

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Update: an updated grip review will be coming a day or so. I've focused on tackiness and wet ratings and am minimizing the "relative to its peers" method of rating to a "this is what I think it is and that's how I'm going to rate it, regardless..." method. This should make some ratings more "realistic" rather than scientific.

Also adding a few new grips.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DinkAlot View Post
    Update: an updated grip review will be coming a day or so. I've focused on tackiness and wet ratings and am minimizing the "relative to its peers" method of rating to a "this is what I think it is and that's how I'm going to rate it, regardless..." method. This should make some ratings more "realistic" rather than scientific.

Also adding a few new grips.
    okay dan, nice...........

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi everyone, nice work DinkAlot, I'm interested in your upcoming review... I have also one suggestion: to avoid "this is what I think it is and that's how I'm going to rate it, regardless..." methods, can we make a poll? We should choose 10 best grips and then people can vote about their characteristics (from 1 to 10) like tackiness, durability... Is this possible? Like they did on this page about tennis strings: http://www.stringforum.net/stringsea...w=10&details=1

I really miss such reviews in badminton central. It can be made for badminton strings, grips, shuttles, even racquets...

And yes, I also hope that you will include Karakal and Pointfore Supreme (white) grip - I use this grip now and I'm very impressed.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jurethatsme View Post
    can we make a poll?
    If you want to do a poll, by all means go ahead. I'm not going to do one here. Also, I don't have access to the Karakal and Pointfore grips you mentioned so cannot review them...as of yet.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DinkAlot View Post
    If you want to do a poll, by all means go ahead. I'm not going to do one here. Also, I don't have access to the Karakal and Pointfore grips you mentioned so cannot review them...as of yet.
    Yeah, but here is the problem: I can't do a poll - there is no option at "make new thread" or anything like that to make it

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

maxsports now has those 30 grip pack from yonex. probably best grip i can get for the price in toronto for me.

have you tried victor ones?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Wilson Ultra Wrap

Anybody here knows where I can purchase Wilson Ultra Wrap Overgrips in Singapore? Which shop and address pls...

Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i dont like Yonex SuperGrap grips for some reason after around 5 hrs of play they arent tacky anymore and it feels dull. I always regrip after every 2-3 sessions of playing and its costing some money.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i just got some wilson xtra tack wilson. It is very tacky, but i pefer the feel of my Prince Duratred it feels softer with better traction. The wilson xtra tack is good but doesnt got the feel and cushion i like.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by remix441 View Post
    i just got some wilson xtra tack wilson. It is very tacky, but i pefer the feel of my Prince Duratred it feels softer with better traction. The wilson xtra tack is good but doesnt got the feel and cushion i like.
    I'd agree with you there but DuraTred doesn't last at all. Recently I've purchased quite a few other grips and there are some promising ones.

I think overall, it's still hard to beat Prince MicroTac. It lasts a long time, relatively speaking and good cushioning and tack. Probably my favorite now.

Two other grips to consider: Volkl Super Grip II and Technifibre Contact Wrap.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Try also Prince MicroTac. It's also tacky.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll try out the Prince Microtac next time i go to a sporting good store. I hope it beats the Duratred becuaes i liked the duratreds feel and cushion

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hey dinkalot does the wilson ultra wrap have alot of feel and cushion to it?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by remix441 View Post
    hey dinkalot does the wilson ultra wrap have alot of feel and cushion to it?
    Yep, good cushion, texture, and durability. However, in the very wet, it's quite slippery. It has a rubbery feel. Some love it, some don't. I like it but not for the wet...actually, I don't think there's an overgrip that's truly "adequate" for the wet. I'll reflect that in my updated grip reviews in a few days.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is it advisable to wrap 2 layers of overgrip? My current racket is a G3 and i feel that i dont generate as much power compared to my old racket where the grip size was bigger becuz everytime i hit hard the racket seems to slip away.

I prefer something "bulkier" to hold on. Or should i try a tackier grip? Currently i'm using karakal pu grip. Any advice?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've tried the Prince MicroTac it was tacky so I prefer to stick to it.

Page 22 of 33 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 LastLast