User Tag List

Page 27 of 33 FirstFirst ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 LastLast
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Won't change because based on the time I tested the equipment, those were my findings. Maybe I got Super PU that was super good against sweat; Maybe I tested during winter and it was very dry; maybe you tested during a very hot and humid day; maybe your Super PU was not optimal; maybe...

...there can be so many maybes. I just rate what happened at the time it occurred and the equipment used, to the best of my ability, no more, no less.

Quote Originally Posted by hoiboy79 View Post
    I think that Sir Dinks should change his sweat absorption rating on the Karakal PU Super Grip. It was actually rather slippery when my hands got sweaty. I seriously feel that even Yonex SuperGrap absorbs sweat better.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think that Sir Dinks should change his sweat absorption rating on the Karakal PU Super Grip. It was actually rather slippery when my hands got sweaty. I seriously feel that even Yonex SuperGrap absorbs sweat better.
    Did you remove the plastic sheet that covers it? I find that PU Super Grip absorbs sweat quite well and my grip stays firm even as it gets sweaty.

However as DinkALot said, PU Super (or any overgrip) isn't a magic bullet if you sweat a lot. I wear a sweatband and dry my hands and overgrip frequently. I also take my hand off the grip in between points reduce the amount of sweat transfered to the overgrip.

One last question, did you buy your PU Super from a reputable dealer? Faking overgrip seems kinda pointless but if I was going to do it I do it to PU Super because it has the name recognition and is expensive (relative to other overgrips).

And of course if you like SuperGrap more then you are in luck 'cause it's a lot cheaper

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For heavy sweaters like myself, wouldn't it be a good idea to try the Yonex AC145 WaterFit Grip ?

It's said to become tackier as you sweat more..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why should Dinkalot change his review because of your results? Post up your own review.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok maybe I worded that a little wrong. I didn't mean that I wanted DinkALot to change his review I was just giving my views on it. Sorry guys.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hey dan, thanks for this review. i picked up one set of 3 prince microtac grip for $4 online. i tried the rsl that you gave me, didnt like it too much i thought it was a little too thin, but then again ive been spoiled by the old HL overgrips that still remain my all-time favorite. sucks HL stopped making them

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have a question; can you use overgrip as replacement grip? Would it work the same?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nate_12 View Post
    I have a question; can you use overgrip as replacement grip? Would it work the same?
    An overgrip is thinner than a replacement grip so 2 overgrips should be about the same thickness of a replacement grip. There are some overgrips that are just as thick as replacement grips.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

anyone ever use this grip from wilson.. has "cuchion-aire" on written over the grip. its got a bit of white foam you could say underneath, got hole punctures in the grip.. very soft and cuchiony to grip, it was extremely difficult to put on though, i believe its a tennis grip?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Which is better?
    Yonex Wave Grap or Super Grap?
    Which colour will be best and match my racket which is purple?
    I wanna get light blue. Is there any lightblue for any of these graps?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Which is better?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by eddiemon View Post
    Which is better?
    It's all about personal preference. Do you like ur grip to be smooth or with ridges?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's all about personal preference. Do you like ur grip to be smooth or with ridges?
    I think ridges give me more grip but sometimes can get uncomfortable. Smooth sometimes slips.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Angry Poor Sir Dinkalot........

http://badminton-racket.blogspot.com...n-rackets.html

"One thing i found quite funny was a whole thread in a forum based on someone's review of all the types of overgrips from the manufacturers. This review included cost, sweat absorption over time, tackiness etc. What the hell is all that about? How on earth can i relate to somebody elses sweaty hand? That had to be one of the daftest reviews i have ever seen."

gosh, how rude people have become. btw, those are not my words......
    this is a badminton blog, and the guy has some very, *words i cannot say on the forum*, opinions
    Last edited by jymbalaya; 10-18-2008 at 04:54 PM. Reason: update.....

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default ^^Hmm..^^

..unless i misread something, i couldn't see any column showing the cost of each over-grips in Master Dan's over-grip review table (pg. 1 of this thread). Is the review based on DinkAlot's over-grip review??..
    Anyway, i also skimmed over some of the badminton-racket.com blogs and a lot of them seem like informations gathered from BC. I mean, can anyone else show us what other badminton forum/website covers as much in-depth (or out-of-depth) discussions and topics (even arguments) over badminton equipments??..
    Last edited by ctjcad; 10-19-2008 at 12:05 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i do believe it is based on the review... i doubt anyone else would take the time to create one of these and update it. it angers me some people cannot be appreciative of others work...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey DinkAlot have you tried the Wilson Contour grip? I just put this on my 7000df and i was wondering should i put an overgrip on top of that? Or is this good enough?

Page 27 of 33 FirstFirst ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 LastLast