User Tag List

Page 30 of 33 FirstFirst ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by krankyjank View Post
    When is he going to re-post the chart?
    If you look carefully they are here

http://www.badmintoncentral.com/foru...ad.php?t=67659

They are out of date but Dinkalot will update them later

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

silly question . but i dont see your table of review

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

nvm .. nothing .. and sorry for 2x post
    Last edited by Ryuke; 03-18-2009 at 06:36 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

im currently testing the wilson pro perforated and its not as good as the original. Pro perf, has a rough texture feel due to the pores, however it still provides good grip and tack much like wilson pro overgrip. Im questioning its viability for badminton as there are some grips which are good for tennis but not quite as good for badminton. Overall, good grip, but go with regular wilson pro.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by illusionistpro View Post
    im currently testing the wilson pro perforated and its not as good as the original. Pro perf, has a rough texture feel due to the pores, however it still provides good grip and tack much like wilson pro overgrip. Im questioning its viability for badminton as there are some grips which are good for tennis but not quite as good for badminton. Overall, good grip, but go with regular wilson pro.
    And I tried the Wilson Pro Soft which I thought was going to be a thicker more absorptive version of the Wilson Pro but turned out to be completely different. It was very thin and sanded. Not tacky at all and no cushioning. I didn't like the feel at all but it did seem pretty effective in terms of giving me a firm grip. It also gave me a blister. Sanded grips are not for me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by weinsteinium View Post
    And I tried the Wilson Pro Soft which I thought was going to be a thicker more absorptive version of the Wilson Pro but turned out to be completely different. It was very thin and sanded. Not tacky at all and no cushioning. I didn't like the feel at all but it did seem pretty effective in terms of giving me a firm grip. It also gave me a blister. Sanded grips are not for me.
    yes this grip is a little more firm, especially if you pull it taut. Use this one a little looser and it wont be so bad. Or just avoid it and get wilson pro.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gonna try the Karakal PU Super Grap for sure. Store nearby is selling them 24 for 60 euro's (80 dollars).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My son loves badminton.He is a beginer and trains 5 evenings/week.He is 10yrs old and i try hard to help him out with informations.Unfortunately my english is not accurate so i might not understand technic words to explain them to him. So i am lookink for VIDEO DEMONSTRATIONS and GRAPHIC PRESENTATIONS of training setions.Please point me in the right direction,sites etc. Dan

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Toalson Volcanic?

Came across a new one called Toalson Volcanic today. Hard to describe, but it resembles a Karakal Peachy with a thin stripe of foam running through it to gave a wavy texture when wrapped. I put one on my racket and it gives LOADS of traction perpendicular to the fist. Had to strip my handle right down to the timber to get the same grip size I had earlier (and put some lead tape underneath to get the balance back to 290), but the foam gives enough cushioning to hide the wood.

Full testing tomorrow afternoon with the addtion of powder, but it was VERY cheap (1.45 + VAT) and I'm optimistic.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

after more Thorough testing of yonex super grap a440 vs wilson pro over grip, I can say for certain they are not the same. They are very similar at application but durability of the yonex is significantly worse, just as I remembered. Ive used wilson pro for about a year now and its gauranteed longer lasting than yonex. It also wears down evenly. I can usually use them long after theyre worn in, but not worn out.

In other news I spotted some yonex pu grips! Dink looks like you got more PU grips to test!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dan ursu View Post
    My son loves badminton.He is a beginer and trains 5 evenings/week.He is 10yrs old and i try hard to help him out with informations.Unfortunately my english is not accurate so i might not understand technic words to explain them to him. So i am lookink for VIDEO DEMONSTRATIONS and GRAPHIC PRESENTATIONS of training setions.Please point me in the right direction,sites etc. Dan
    Here you go: http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=a...78de785cc0f59e

and http://www.badmintoncentral.com/vb/s...ad.php?t=36499

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

...and of course, thanks to the guys who uploaded these videos... and sorry to interupt this thread!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lovely. I was just wondering but inside all of these types of grips, does the color have much effect?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What's the difference of Prince MicroTac and MaxTac?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by phamd124 View Post
    Lovely. I was just wondering but inside all of these types of grips, does the color have much effect?
    I don't think the colors would have any special effect on the grip because it is manufactured the exact same way anyway. Have been using the YY 102EX, a few different colors now and they all feel the same. Hope this helps. =D

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by changhuei View Post
    I don't think the colors would have any special effect on the grip because it is manufactured the exact same way anyway. Have been using the YY 102EX, a few different colors now and they all feel the same. Hope this helps. =D
    That's what I thought too but the white one seems to work the best for me. It gets dirty fast but while being compared to the Dark blue 102EX grips. The same principles go for strings too. The white ones are the best qualities over the same type of any other color strings. Even the non-Yonex ones too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by changhuei View Post

there is the issue of dyes used in the grips. And if you still don't believe me, go pick up a 12 pack of Wilson Xtra Tack. then compare the Green ones with the pink ones. trust me, its a world of difference.
    Last edited by jymbalaya; 05-17-2009 at 05:50 PM. Reason: extra

Page 30 of 33 FirstFirst ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 LastLast