User Tag List

Page 5 of 33 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast
Results 69 to 85 of 557
  1. #69
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Basement Boiler Room
    Posts
    22,118
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DinkAlot
    Maybe according to Wilson is different than according to The Dinker.

    Feel is completely subjective. For me, I like max tacky, medium cushion feel. Based on that the X-tra Tack is better.
    any color preference?
    i know i dun like certain color of yy super grap

  2. #70
    Regular Member DinkAlot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    dcbadminton.net
    Posts
    12,205
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cooler
    any color preference?
    i know i dun like certain color of yy super grap
    I know what you mean about grip color making a difference (many times) with white being (in general) the most durable and best gripping because there's no dye put into the grip.

    With the X-Tra Tack, I've tried red, black and yellow. I did not notice any difference among the three colors. Currently, I am using the red and the durability is superior. I have to update my numbers...

    With that said, in the review, most of the grips (over 80%) tested where black, the remaining where red.
    Last edited by DinkAlot; 12-19-2005 at 02:10 PM.

  3. #71
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Bay Area, CA, USA
    Posts
    139
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DinkAlot
    BadmintonAlley also has them for the same price. Its not listed on their website though. I dropped in the other to buy the shoes and saw this in the display. Played once with this overgrip and I agree with everything you said in your report! Thanks very much for putting so much effort into it and doing such a good and thorough job of it. It was extremely useful!!!

  4. #72
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Iowa City IA USA
    Posts
    247
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Thanks DinkALot!

  5. #73
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Vancouver B.C
    Posts
    130
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    thnxs madman nice chart btw, but i have tried wilson xtra tak and yonex super grap and imho, super grap feels alot better at start and since your benchmarking the supergrap as average i don't see how wilson xtra tak is twice as good. Yonex supergrap is just as tacky as xtra tak in the beginning and then it kinda dulls off afterwards, so maybe some of those ratings should be lowered a bit? oh btw can you post yonex wave grap and dry grap on there i wanna c how they compare

  6. #74
    Regular Member DinkAlot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    dcbadminton.net
    Posts
    12,205
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    List updated.

  7. #75
    Regular Member DinkAlot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    dcbadminton.net
    Posts
    12,205
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Noob848
    thnxs madman nice chart btw, but i have tried wilson xtra tak and yonex super grap and imho, super grap feels alot better at start and since your benchmarking the supergrap as average i don't see how wilson xtra tak is twice as good. Yonex supergrap is just as tacky as xtra tak in the beginning and then it kinda dulls off afterwards, so maybe some of those ratings should be lowered a bit? oh btw can you post yonex wave grap and dry grap on there i wanna c how they compare
    Look at the updated ratings. And again, the ratings are subjective not cumulative.

  8. #76
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    558
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    i'm currently on Wave grap as over grip, it feels great rite after i wrap it

    however it shows wear and tears rite after the first 2 days of using it.
    maybe cos in nature it has the wave line thats sticking out and making it more subject to wear and tear. But it is starting to show wear off spots in just 2 days kinda give me doubts on its durability .
    however even after the initial tak feeling fade out, the wave design still gives you a great grip making it less slippy. plus i'm on a G5 racket so its wave design makes it possible to reach my comfortabe grip size without using 2-3 layer or grips.

  9. #77
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Kingston, ON
    Posts
    415
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    has any body ever use the karakal peachy 6 overgrip? I'm thinking to switch to peachy 6 since yonex supergrap doesn't last very long, and getting to expensive to replace the grip every 2 weeks (I play like 3-4 times a week, 2 hour session each). Just gimme some opinion,a how's it compare to yonex supergrap, and maybe some review from the expert here.

    Thanks

  10. #78
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Bay Area, CA, USA
    Posts
    139
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DinkAlot
    List updated.
    Thanks very much for the info! Its extremely useful in trying different overgrips.

    How would you describe the difference in the feel of X-Tra Tack and Pro Overgrip from Wilson? For me the difference is huge. I hated the X-Tra Tack and loved the Pro. For whatever reason I don't like smooth and tacky (like the Winn grips in golf) and tought the X-Tra Tack is like that. How should I describe the Pro... is it correct to say it provides more traction? Thanks.

  11. #79
    Regular Member DinkAlot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    dcbadminton.net
    Posts
    12,205
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BaddGolfer
    Thanks very much for the info! Its extremely useful in trying different overgrips.

    How would you describe the difference in the feel of X-Tra Tack and Pro Overgrip from Wilson? For me the difference is huge. I hated the X-Tra Tack and loved the Pro. For whatever reason I don't like smooth and tacky (like the Winn grips in golf) and tought the X-Tra Tack is like that. How should I describe the Pro... is it correct to say it provides more traction? Thanks.
    BaddGolfer: texture preference is subjective. I leave that to each person to decide what they like. Traction, tackiness, grippiness, stickiness are all similar but yet can be different from person to person. So I don't get into the semantics. But yes, to me, the Wilson ProGrip is more textured while the X-Tra Tack is smoother.

  12. #80
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Bay Area, CA, USA
    Posts
    139
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DinkAlot
    BaddGolfer: texture preference is subjective. I leave that to each person to decide what they like. Traction, tackiness, grippiness, stickiness are all similar but yet can be different from person to person. So I don't get into the semantics. But yes, to me, the Wilson ProGrip is more textured while the X-Tra Tack is smoother.
    Thanks for the reply. I agree feel is very subective. Because of your report I found the grip I like just on the second try rather than after trying more than 10 grips. Also, I found the Pro to be a little thinner than the X-Tra Tack. I liked the grip size of G4+Pro much better than G4+Xtra-Tack.

  13. #81
    Regular Member DinkAlot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    dcbadminton.net
    Posts
    12,205
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BaddGolfer
    Thanks for the reply. I agree feel is very subective. Because of your report I found the grip I like just on the second try rather than after trying more than 10 grips. Also, I found the Pro to be a little thinner than the X-Tra Tack. I liked the grip size of G4+Pro much better than G4+Xtra-Tack.
    Great! Glad to be of help. Just so you know, I really don't have too much preference as long as the grip is tacky and is durable. I usually just buy the grip that's least expensive.

    Case and point, The Racket Doctor in Glendale, CA has the black PrinceMicroTac on sale: $1.99 for a pack of 3. So I bought 20 packs.

  14. #82
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Bay Area, CA, USA
    Posts
    139
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DinkAlot
    Great! Glad to be of help. Just so you know, I really don't have too much preference as long as the grip is tacky and is durable. I usually just buy the grip that's least expensive.

    Case and point, The Racket Doctor in Glendale, CA has the black PrinceMicroTac on sale: $1.99 for a pack of 3. So I bought 20 packs.
    Thats a very good price! Unfortunately I am very picky about feel , so I am very sensitive to the texture and size differences .

  15. #83
    Regular Member DinkAlot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    dcbadminton.net
    Posts
    12,205
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BaddGolfer
    Thats a very good price! Unfortunately I am very picky about feel , so I am very sensitive to the texture and size differences .
    It's all in the mind.

  16. #84
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Kingston, ON
    Posts
    415
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    allright, I bought that karakal peachy 6 overgrip. It came in package of 3 with different bright colour.

    IMO, it SUCKS. Another $10 wasted. My initial feels was oh crap, I already opened the package and can't return it. It feels like dry paper. The label does say that it has superdry feel and high rate of moisture arbsobtion. The fact is it's not at all. If we use yonex supergrap for standard, it will be below standard level and you guys shouldn't bother trying it out.

    thickness : thin, same size as supergrap
    overall rating:3
    grip feel: 3
    durability: 7
    tackiness: non existance
    sweat arbsorbtion:3
    comment: feels like having your grip made out of printing paper.
    colour choices: 10. alot of bright and nice colours.

  17. #85
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Kingston, ON
    Posts
    415
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Hi guys, it's me again. sorry for the double posting, I can't edit my previous post; the edit button doesn't appear.

    This is my review for Karakal point 75 overgrip

    thickness : thin, a bit thicker than supergrap, .75 mm
    overall rating:8.5
    grip feel: 9
    durability: 8
    tackiness: 10, even after 2-3 weeks it still feel tacky enough 4 me.
    sweat arbsorbtion:7
    comment: nice and soft, durable and tackiness last a long time.
    colour choices: 10. alot of bright and nice colours.

    Recommended.

Page 5 of 33 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 2
    : 02-20-2011, 05:31 AM
  2. Wilson [K]ontrol Grip review
    By gavinloh in forum Grip
    Replies: 1
    : 01-06-2011, 03:59 PM
  3. Victor Hornet Series Review Bumblebee 01 and Bumblebee 02 Review
    By cycilver in forum Badminton Rackets / Equipment
    Replies: 18
    : 12-06-2010, 07:34 AM
  4. Replies: 4
    : 08-31-2006, 12:07 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •