User Tag List

Page 9 of 33 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I found the Wilson to be good intially, but for a heavy sweater like myself, it didn't last long and got hard to hang onto. I also found the top layer would peel away after a coupel sessions.

Been using the Prince DuraTred the last year, but I can only get a few session out of it before it suddenly seems to saturate and get almost slimy.

I've got a bunch of the bobolat over grip coming. Sounds like it won't last long but will hold up with lots of moisture applied to it, which is key for me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ViningWolff
    I found the Wilson to be good intially, but for a heavy sweater like myself, it didn't last long and got hard to hang onto. I also found the top layer would peel away after a coupel sessions.

Been using the Prince DuraTred the last year, but I can only get a few session out of it before it suddenly seems to saturate and get almost slimy.

I've got a bunch of the bobolat over grip coming. Sounds like it won't last long but will hold up with lots of moisture applied to it, which is key for me.
    duratred is quite tacky and durable but prolly not that good when it gets too wet. For a regular sweater like me, duratred is not bad. VW is like a polar bear in the tropic

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wolf: do you wear a sweat band? If not, I highly recommend it. Prior to wearing a sweatband, no grip was tacky nor dry enough for me. Since wearing a sweatband, I'm OK. Bring a lot though, in one day, I can soak 5+ sweatbands, I usually switch to a new one every match.

Regarding the Babolat grips, they were OK but not good for me. You'll have to try the Wilson H2O or something similar for maximum sweat absorbancy. However, these absorbant grips are not very tacky.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd just like to add another voice of assent to Dinkalot's review.

I tried the Wilson X-tra tack purely on his recommendation, and it is by far the tackiest grip I've used.

Like any grip, it doesn't stay tacky for long -- but its lifetime can be increased by wearing a sweatband.

Good job, Dink

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My biggest problem with sweatbands is that they tend to slide up onto my hand when I swing.

I have been cutting the tops of my old socks off (yes, AFTER they have been washed) and double looping them around my wrist. They seem to stay in place, but don't resist sweat very long.

I haven't seen or tried any of the Black Knight grips? Their old rainbow grips used to be very very good, but haven't seen them in a long time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DinkAlot
    Yes, from what I remember, you can't stretch it easily to your liking. Once the grip is wet, watch out, the racket will come flying out.
    That's amusing and that was what happned to me not long ago using some babolat overgrip. Except, I have dry hands. The racket started flying when the tacky overgrip became very dry and lost its tackiness after a while. I was throwing the racket out of my hand practically once every game. Finally, I switched to replacement PU grips, used them like over grips, and the problem disappeared.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm currently using Head XtremeSoft Overgrips on my rackets, but think to change it to either Prince MicroTac or Wilson X-Tra Tack. Reason coz last Sunday, my racket was flying over after took a very ridiculous backhand.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

how about Head Agassi Pro Grip, that is my favourite one!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

humm my hands are really really sweaty, but i dont like towel grips, what should i use? i was thinking Wilson Contour re-grip(same as my tennis racket) but im not sure, i want something durable and tacky that can handle my gallons of sweat coming of my hands, dam i gota dry my keyboard again...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well, i dont know much about 'tackyness', but basically i'm after a grip that's not too thick (max 1mm) that is rather 'cusioney', and with good durability. Which grip should i be looking at?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by martin8768
    humm my hands are really really sweaty, but i dont like towel grips, what should i use? i was thinking Wilson Contour re-grip(same as my tennis racket) but im not sure, i want something durable and tacky that can handle my gallons of sweat coming of my hands, dam i gota dry my keyboard again...
    If you haven't tried the Wilson Pro Overgrip, its worth giving a shot. Its the best overgrip for me and my hands do sweat quite a bit. I am assuming you also wear a sweat/wrist band...

This is the one..

http://www.badmintonalley.com/Wilson...-pro-white.htm

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BaddGolfer
    If you haven't tried the Wilson Pro Overgrip, its worth giving a shot. Its the best overgrip for me and my hands do sweat quite a bit. I am assuming you also wear a sweat/wrist band...

This is the one..

i just got some wilson pro og from sportchek, man 10$!!! for a pack of 3!, now im broke again! i love them, but i need to find a cheaper place.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you Sir Gollum. I've noticed, depending on the weather conditions (humidity, heat), Gamma Supreme can be as good or even superior to X-Tra Tack. The same can be said of Klip Cobra and Volkl Super Grip II.

I'm going to update the review page and add some additional grips.

Quote Originally Posted by Gollum
    I'd just like to add another voice of assent to Dinkalot's review.

I tried the Wilson X-tra tack purely on his recommendation, and it is by far the tackiest grip I've used.

Like any grip, it doesn't stay tacky for long -- but its lifetime can be increased by wearing a sweatband.

Good job, Dink

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My biggest problem with sweatbands is that they tend to slide up onto my hand when I swing.

I haven't seen or tried any of the Black Knight grips? Their old rainbow grips used to be very very good, but haven't seen them in a long time.
    Vining: you need to grow bigger polar bear wrist then. Just kidding, I know what you mean, once a sweatband is soaked, it gets too heavy and does have a tendency to want to come off. Fortunately, I really don't have too many problems with a sweatband coming off as I have larger than average wrists (8.0"+).

Another way: I wear two sweat bands at once or buy those longer 6" ones. Also, once the sweatband(s) start getting soaked, I switch to new ones. The only problem with this is I can go through up to 10 sweatbands in one day.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rexlu
    how about Head Agassi Pro Grip, that is my favourite one!!!
    Never tried. I'll have to buy a pack, thanks.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BaddGolfer

This is the one..

I just purchased some more Wilson Pro Overgrip again, tried it and it's good but not for me. It has more of a Yonex Supergrap feel, it's drier. But for those who like a drier feeling grip, it's very good.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DinkAlot
    I just purchased some more Wilson Pro Overgrip again, tried it and it's good but not for me. It has more of a Yonex Supergrap feel, it's drier. But for those who like a drier feeling grip, it's very good.
    I'm using the "Tourna Grip" (from tennis) now. Very Thin and well absorbent.

Is better than Wilson Pro Overgrip. (In term of durability - surface)

Page 9 of 33 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast