User Tag List

Page 8 of 33 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dan,

How did you wrap your grips? 1/2 overlap? no overlap? how long are your top-5 grips (wilsons especially) how far could your wrap them?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This Pro's Pro looks to be the same as the grip Eagnas sell. If so, sorry, I cannot recommend it, it's not a good grip.

Quote Originally Posted by jerby
    well, an interesting grip I've bought is a pro's pro grip. it was a 28-box for 10 euro's ($12,50) at www.powertennis.nl site is dutch, but you should be able to comprehend "grip" "overgrip". threw "producten"
    the one I bought was the Dura tape...

It's really soemhtign neat to try...at 0,33 cents a grip it's weird stuff. it feels a bit leather-like, but tacky.
    it absorbs a lot and doesn't get slippery, but just NO tack after a night's play.,

also: You just can't wrap it up the cone without foulding (sp?) lines in it. it's to rigid material..

bizar grip, can't decide wether to recommend or not

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dan,

How did you wrap your grips? 1/2 overlap? no overlap? how long are your top-5 grips (wilsons especially) how far could your wrap them?
    I do approximately a 1/2 overlap. The key is to make sure there is no gap or overlap between the layers, so the overgrip is as smooth as possible. With this method, I have enough grip to get to the top of the cone.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DinkAlot
    I do approximately a 1/2 overlap. The key is to make sure there is no gap or overlap between the layers, so the overgrip is as smooth as possible. With this method, I have enough grip to get to the top of the cone.
    great, thanks.

is the eagnas grip also so inflexible?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

great, thanks.

is the eagnas grip also so inflexible?
    Yes, from what I remember, you can't stretch it easily to your liking. Once the grip is wet, watch out, the racket will come flying out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, from what I remember, you can't stretch it easily to your liking. Once the grip is wet, watch out, the racket will come flying out.
    wow, really? haven't had that problem yet...but I gripped it tight...so tight my fingers cramped up from holding it...

god no...i hope it stays in...

on a side note: I suspect teh grip from being just leather with some 'tacky' coating on it...that's how it feels...very weird..but not that bad...it also never feels wet...
    Last edited by jerby; 06-25-2006 at 09:44 AM.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wow, really? haven't had that problem yet...but I gripped it tight...so tight my fingers cramped up from holding it...

on a side note: I suspect teh grip from being just leather with some 'tacky' coating on it...that's how it feels...very weird..but not that bad...it also never feels wet...
    I'd skip the PP grip altogether. But if you have luck with it, more power to you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd skip the PP grip altogether. But if you have luck with it, more power to you.
    oh no..I'm done with pro's pro...going to follow your revieuw... tryign to get wilson-grips and Head-pro..also for on my shop...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sounds like the grips on the really low end wilsons, like the wilson attacker, its like fake leather, REALLY hard and inflexible and no grip on it whatsoever. i only know this because i found one and started playing with it lol.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

oh no..I'm done with pro's pro...going to follow your revieuw... tryign to get wilson-grips and Head-pro..also for on my shop...
    like sir dink i really reccomend wilso x tra tack, forget about all other grips, this is the ultimate.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by __Lam
    like sir dink i really reccomend wilso x tra tack, forget about all other grips, this is the ultimate.
    please stop..I can't wait to get my hands on them...

(yes, that was a bad pun)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

please stop..I can't wait to get my hands on them...

(yes, that was a bad pun)
    lol you'll see what i'm on about when you get them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol you'll see what i'm on about when you get them.
    wich color did you try?
    I saw some pretty lime-coloured ones..how quick do they get dirty? (like white grips?)

also looking for wilson's pro. gamma supreme. to get soem good grips..in high quantity's

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wich color did you try?
    I saw some pretty lime-coloured ones..how quick do they get dirty? (like white grips?)

also looking for wilson's pro. gamma supreme. to get soem good grips..in high quantity's
    i got the lime green ones. Wilson X Tra Tack > Wilson Pro + Gamma Supreme
    they dont get dirty easily but if you wash your hands very frequently and let NO ONE touch your grip then it stays pretty clean.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i got the lime green ones. Wilson X Tra Tack > Wilson Pro + Gamma Supreme
    I read that alot, but I want to find out myself..I hope you understand...Also, for my shop...it's nice to offer more than 1 grip....no matter better/worse...

they dont get dirty easily but if you wash your hands very frequently and let NO ONE touch your grip then it stays pretty clean.
    ok, thanks. how is 'frequent'? but considering yy-supergrap-white...Is that how dirty they can get?
    well, pretty much a non-sense question...never midn actually...again: I'll find out myself...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I read that alot, but I want to find out myself..I hope you understand...Also, for my shop...it's nice to offer more than 1 grip....no matter better/worse...

ok, thanks. how is 'frequent'? but considering yy-supergrap-white...Is that how dirty they can get?
    well, pretty much a non-sense question...never midn actually...again: I'll find out myself...
    whoops, didn't know you opening a shop lol, my bad. you wanna wash your hands as frequently as you can, for super cleaness, also helps with the durability of the tackyness. just make sure you dont leave your racquet outside of its case anywhere dust/dirt accumulates.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

whoops, didn't know you opening a shop lol, my bad. you wanna wash your hands as frequently as you can, for super cleaness, also helps with the durability of the tackyness. just make sure you dont leave your racquet outside of its case anywhere dust/dirt accumulates.
    well, my 'shop' doesn't really conscern you(nothign offensive )It's 95% Sotx. only overgrips are other-brands. ánd it's in Holland...everythign we offer isn't cheaper than anywhere near you if you add up the shipping cost continental...though generally, we are cheaper than ibuysports/racketsportsmontreal...DinkAlot is cheaper though...ánd closer to you

Page 8 of 33 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast