User Tag List

Page 11 of 33 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by zasboy
    Does the Wilson X-tra Tack come in a 30pack reel? I tried searching for it but came out empty handed.
    Nope, only in packs of 3.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Doh Well, it's not a total loss. More reasons now to try out new stuff. Adding Wilson X-tra Tack to my "want to try" list

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just purchased some additional grips. One that stands out, the TechniFibre Player's Wrap. Initially right up there with the Wilson X-Tra Tack but only time will tell...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by zasboy
    I been using the Wilson Pro Overgrip for the past couple years and usually buy them in the 30pack reel(from tenniswarehouse.com). I used them on my tennis rackets and also on my badminton rackets. One reason I bought them was for their wet performance. I sweat a lot and so do my hands. Using a wristbands + these overgrips made an strong combo to provide a good solid grip on the handle. What I used before was an Alpha Overgrip(green and felt like rubber) and that was a terrible overgrip. The rubberish feel gave the feeling of extreme tackiness but durability was non-existent. It didn't even lasted two days of use. The Wilson Pro Overgrip was a great replacement to the Alpha Overgrip. The only downside was that it only comes in white(30pack reel). So it gets dirty easily but that doesn't matter to me as long it performs well.

As I'm nearing the end of 30pack reel, I might try out the Gamma Supreme Overgrips. According to DinkAlot review, it had a higher rating in wet department over the Wilson Pro Overgrip. This might come in handy and will try a pack out. The price between the 30pack reel of Gamma Supreme and Wilson Pro isn't that much so a switch is possible.
    I like the Pro Overgrip also as I like its feel and sweat absorption.

Klipper is known on this forum for their stringing machines. They seem to be selling grips also. They claim their overgrip is the same as the Wilson Pro Overgrip. I haven't tried them yet. a 4-pack is $2.50 and they seem to have it in different colors. I wonder if anyone here on BC tried their grips. Anyway, fyi...

http://www.klipperusa.com/products/p...ng.php?catid=5

http://www.klipperusa.com/brandcomparison.php

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hey dink, any updates on the replacement grips?

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by shibbish
    hey dink, any updates on the replacement grips?
    Yeah, was going to post this weekend but decided to add a new category that I feel is important, grip cushioning.

Recently it's been getting colder and with harder, less cushioning grips, my hand is getting blistered and sore, whereas in the warmer seasons, this did not happen. So I switched to a grip with superior cushioning, Yonex SuperGrap and this has minimized the soreness.

You can be sure SuperGrap is going to get a significant score increase while other grips are going down.

Also a new rating scale, consistent with my string review.

Finally, the emphasis and rating bias was on tackiness in my old review. The new review will be more balanced with cushioning playing a major role.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I tried the Wilson X-tra Tack. Well, I don't like it.
    Because it is too TACKY!!! I can't change to back hand grip fast enough from fore hand. It feels like you got gel on your hand and it slows down the finger movement.
    Well, maybe it's only me.

Wilson Pro is better the YY supergrip, last longer and cheaper.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DinkAlot
    Nope, only in packs of 3.
    Tad's here in Vancouver only has X-tra Tack in a pack of 12 of mixed colours. Wilson Pro is available in 3, 12 and 30.

If anyone has seen the X-tra 3 packs here, please let me know. I'm hesitant to buy 12 just to try.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HiddenPower
    I tried the Wilson X-tra Tack. Well, I don't like it.
    Because it is too TACKY!!! I can't change to back hand grip fast enough from fore hand. It feels like you got gel on your hand and it slows down the finger movement. Well, maybe it's only me.
    If you play it for a bit (say 30 minutes), the tackiness will go away significantly and then it will be good. But I know what you mean initially, it sticks like glue.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone tried Kimony grip? I am it is the best thin grip I have ever used.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ph_leung
    Tad's here in Vancouver only has X-tra Tack in a pack of 12 of mixed colours. Wilson Pro is available in 3, 12 and 30.

If anyone has seen the X-tra 3 packs here, please let me know. I'm hesitant to buy 12 just to try.
    Richmond centre-sportchek has x-tr tacks but I don't know if it three pack or not go ahead and check it out.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oops, I didn't see Azn_123's comment before I bought. I should check out Richmond Centre. The one in Pacific Centre didn't have any when I looked.

Out of curiousity, and from the comments and reviews posted here on BC, I bought a pack of Wilson X-tra Tack. The only packs I can find here locally are 12 packs with mixed colours (2 each of pink,yellow,red,orange,black,purple). I normally use the white Wilson Pro which I find to be excellent.

I put on the pink grip and tried playing with it yesterday. It was one of the worst grips I've ever tried. From the beginning it felt like it had a slickness to it, almost like if you put a touch of moisturizing lotion on it. I thought it was some packaging residue so I moistened it after playing a few games and dried it. No luck. I tried wearing away the surface layer but it still felt slippery. It definitely didn't feel tacky.

I took out the other coloured rolls. The other pink roll felt the same; it didn't feel tacky at all. I felt the dark purple one and *that one* felt really tacky/grippy. I'll try that next.

Which colours have people been trying that works well? Anyone want to try/have some of this grip for free?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

that's veyr weird...
    I play with wilson pro (after I tried X-tack)...here's what I feel:

my yellow X-tack is like glue the first 3 times, it almost feels like my fingertips are stuck....kinda liked it, but a bit elss tacky wouldn't hurt.
    after some 10 sessions the grip is just 'done', it's worn out so much it feels like plastic: the tacky surface is off and it's now "just a regular grip" and very slippery

my white wilson pro feels bloody terrific the first 3 sessions. good the next 5...and after that the tackiness is gone, but the grip remains playable! It feels liek you could keep using it forever, it doesn't feel 100%, but it doesn't slip or give you that "yuck" feeling

but that's me...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I unrolled and pulled the clear plastic off a portion of all 6 colours of grip. There is a difference at least in this pack. I even got someone else to do a blind feel of the differences.

Here's what I found from just feeling, and rubbing the the grips.

Pink - not tacky, leaves a slightly slippery residue (you could almost say it is greasy) on my fingers.
    Orange - same as pink
    Yellow - a bit tacky but it still has the residue.
    Black - tackier than the yellow. No residue.
    Red - very tacky, with no residue. Definitely tackier than the Wilson Pro.
    Purple - same as red.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I will attest that the color of the grip does make a difference. For my testing purposes, I used all black grips. Based on my findings, white will give you the best performance and durability.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Babolat's Overgrip

Has anyone tried the latest Babolat's Syntec or the VS overgrip? The Syntec is supoose to be the most tackiest and Vs overgrip the most absorbant. I am curious to see how they compare to the Karakal or the Wison X-Tac. Thanks.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tl_tiger
    Has anyone tried the latest Babolat's Syntec or the VS overgrip? The Syntec is supoose to be the most tackiest and Vs overgrip the most absorbant. I am curious to see how they compare to the Karakal or the Wison X-Tac. Thanks.
    Yep, tried the Syntec, it was not as tacky as the X-Tak. Not even close.

Page 11 of 33 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast