User Tag List

Page 14 of 33 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DinkAlot
    If you think the black is good (which it is), you need to try gray or yellow, even better.
    I have asked the shop whether they bring other color, but not available in Singapore ......... also find at one shop only.
    they carried other color but not Wilson X-Tra Tack.
    maybe shop cross the border to Malaysia or Indonesia to find Grey and Yellow one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would say try the tackinest grip possible (gray Wilson X-Tra Tack) and see how that plays for you. Give a little time for the initial tackiness to go away.

I doubt you'll regret it. I've converted three life time towel grip users already.
    dink, i feel the tackiness is not the only preference when choosing grip, personally i like grip with tacky and soft (thicker grip), recently i use wilson pro overgrip. it's tacky but the finger feel hard (contact w/ racket's handle) when hit w/ power (makes my finger hurt) cause it's thin. I feel w/ karakal pu super grip (more thick) i can handle much better (even karakal is replacement grip)
    I don't know why many pro use thin overgrip?? feels not quite good in my hand.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sifuyono
    dink, i feel the tackiness is not the only preference when choosing grip, personally i like grip with tacky and soft (thicker grip), recently i use wilson pro overgrip. it's tacky but the finger feel hard (contact w/ racket's handle) when hit w/ power (makes my finger hurt) cause it's thin. I feel w/ karakal pu super grip (more thick) i can handle much better (even karakal is replacement grip)
    I don't know why many pro use thin overgrip?? feels not quite good in my hand.
    If you'll notice, I have a column for grip thickness. Also remember the feel can be misleading. If you have nothing but wood under your overgrip, chances are it will be way to hard on the hands. If you have a cushioning replacement grip under your overgrip, chances are any grip will feel good.

I never just use one single overgrip under the handle. At the least, I have one overgrip under it to provide cushioning (meaning two overgrips on the handle). I mix and match to get my desired thickness, cushioning and tackiness.

Currently, the best set-up I have encountered is the SOTX D-600 with a 3-3/8" grip with Yellow Wilson X-Tra Tack overgrip to make it a 3-5/8" grip. My process:

1) Remove the original, very cushioning, leather SOTX grip.

2) Smooth down the handle edges a little with the dull side of a pair of scissors.

3) Replace the original SOTX grip.

4) Tape the very edge of the SOTX grip with finishing tape. This is to be able to remove the overgrip easily with out damaging the SOTX grip.

5) Apply the Wilson X-Tra Tack overgrip. I overlap in the middle to create an essentially smooth surface.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you'll notice, I have a column for grip thickness. Also remember the feel can be misleading. If you have nothing but wood under your overgrip, chances are it will be way to hard on the hands. If you have a cushioning replacement grip under your overgrip, chances are any grip will feel good.

I never just use one single overgrip under the handle. At the least, I have one overgrip under it to provide cushioning (meaning two overgrips on the handle). I mix and match to get my desired thickness, cushioning and tackiness.

Currently, the best set-up I have encountered is the SOTX D-600 with a 3-3/8" grip with Yellow Wilson X-Tra Tack overgrip to make it a 3-5/8" grip. My process:

2) Smooth down the handle edges a little with the dull side of a pair of scissors.

4) Tape the very edge of the SOTX grip with finishing tape. This is to be able to remove the overgrip easily with out damaging the SOTX grip.

5) Apply the Wilson X-Tra Tack overgrip. I overlap in the middle to create an essentially smooth surface.

oohhh... that's how it's going...using 2 overgrip clever...hehehe...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dink, so you replace original grip with overgrip?? means that you only use 2 overgrip without original grip?? or you use 1 replacement grip with 2 overgrip?? i'm rather counfused... my ns9000 use it's original yonex grip + 1 layer wilson pro overgrip (not cushion enough)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dink, so you replace original grip with overgrip?? means that you only use 2 overgrip without original grip?? or you use 1 replacement grip with 2 overgrip?? i'm rather counfused... my ns9000 use it's original yonex grip + 1 layer wilson pro overgrip (not cushion enough)
    What I use depends on how thick the existing handle/grip is. You need to know what is your optimum grip size. For me, between a 3-5/8" to 3-3/4" circumference is ideal.

Based on that, I modify accordingly.

Usually with a Yonex G4, I just need to add one overgrip onto the existing grip.

If it's a Yonex G3, I would remove original overgrip and use two overgrips.

If it's a Yonex G5, I would remove the original grip and add a thicker replacement grip such as the Karakal PU and then another overgrip.

In a perfect world, I would have the cushioning feel of the Karakal PU under a Wilson X-Tra Tack Gray or Yellow at 3-3/4" in circumference.
    Last edited by DinkAlot; 02-04-2007 at 10:18 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What I use depends on how thick the existing handle/grip is. You need to know what is your optimum grip size. For me, between a 3-5/8" to 3-3/4" circumference is ideal.

Based on that, I modify accordingly.

Usually with a Yonex G4, I just need to add one overgrip onto the existing grip.

If it's a Yonex G3, I would remove original overgrip and use two overgrips.

If it's a Yonex G5, I would remove the original grip and add a thicker replacement grip such as the Karakal PU and then another overgrip.

In a perfect world, I would have the cushioning feel of the Karakal PU under a Wilson X-Tra Tack Gray or Yellow at 3-3/4" in circumference.
    oh i see...i see...thanks alot
    mine g-4 add 1 wilson pro overgrip, still feel hard, maybe need to add 1 overgrip again

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

oh i see...i see...thanks alot
    mine g-4 add 1 wilson pro overgrip, still feel hard, maybe need to add 1 overgrip again
    No, you are not understanding. If the grip size/thickness is correct, then you need to modify the existing original grip to a more cushioning grip and/or modify the handle. If you add yet another overgrip, it'll be way too thick.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No, you are not understanding. If the grip size/thickness is correct, then you need to modify the existing original grip to a more cushioning grip and/or modify the handle. If you add yet another overgrip, it'll be way too thick.
    is it okay if i add 1 layer karakal super pu replacement grip onto it's original grip? i already try it in the past, and i fell great even karakal super pu is not an overgrip very sticky in my palm, very cushion too.. have you ever try it dink?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

is it okay if i add 1 layer karakal super pu replacement grip onto it's original grip? i already try it in the past, and i fell great even karakal super pu is not an overgrip very sticky in my palm, very cushion too.. have you ever try it dink?
    Yes, I've tried the Karakal PU, it's an excellent grip.

Sure you can but I would add some protective tape over the original grip otherwise you will damage the original grip when it comes time to remove the KPU (Karakal PU) grip.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, I've tried the Karakal PU, it's an excellent grip.

Sure you can but I would add some protective tape over the original grip otherwise you will damage the original grip when it comes time to remove the KPU (Karakal PU) grip.
    yes. you're right , thank you for the advice... thanks alot
    btw, what kind of protective tape that u mean? a thin overgrip or something?
    Last edited by sifuyono; 02-06-2007 at 12:33 AM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yes. you're right , thank you for the advice... thanks alot
    btw, what kind of protective tape that u mean? a thin overgrip or something?
    Packaging tape or if you didn't remove the original plastic on the grip.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Packaging tape or if you didn't remove the original plastic on the grip.
    hahaha... my original plastic already gone.. tearing away when releasing my first KPU super
    one again thanks for the advice

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

dink, i would like to ask, i wonder between wilson x-tra tack and wilson pro, which one is thicker? i never try x-tra tack yet
    btw, is ur review about replacement grip have done yet? i'm excited to see the result
    i already put fruit's plastic wrap for taping the grip below Karakal PU hehe... Just don't try it yet, hopely between original grip and the plastic not slip

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

dink, i would like to ask, i wonder between wilson x-tra tack and wilson pro, which one is thicker?
    The thickness is comparable between the two.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what do i do when the original/factory grip (leather grip?) came off while taking off a grip? meaning now i can see the whole wood of my handle. so do i just put a replacement grip on?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by llpjlau
    what do i do when the original/factory grip (leather grip?) came off while taking off a grip? meaning now i can see the whole wood of my handle. so do i just put a replacement grip on?
    Of course not; if your original grip is now gone and you just add one overgrip, it will make your grip significantly smaller. You need to replace the original grip with another grip of similar thickness, assuming it's the thickness you desire when you add the overgrip.

Page 14 of 33 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ... LastLast