User Tag List

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OTFK
    If a loophole can be used on the serve, I have full intention to use it to the max.
    KICK! If I ever play against you Frank, I'm calling for an Umpire...immediately.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DinkAlot
    KICK! If I ever play against you Frank, I'm calling for an Umpire...immediately.
    What! You do not trust me?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OTFK
    What! You do not trust me?
    I trust you. I just don't want to fall asleep on your serve.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by j_e_thompson
    9.1.5 the whole shuttle shall be below the server’s waist at the instant of being hit by the server’s racket;
    9.1.6 the shaft of the server’s racket at the instant of hitting the shuttle shall be pointing in a downward direction to such an extent that the whole of the head of the racket is discernibly below the whole of the server’s hand holding the racket as in Diagram D;
    9.1.7 the movement of the server’s racket must continue forwards from the start of the service (Law 9.4) until the service is delivered;

9.4 Once the players have taken their positions, the first forward movement of the server’s racket head shall be the start of the service.
    There haven't been any changes in the laws 9.1.7 or 9.4 at the IBF level, have there? I came across a notice on the website of the Korean Badminton Association this week that changes the wording of 9.4 for the Korean game to basically:

9.1.7 the movement of the server’s racket must continue, without stopping, from the start of the service (Law 9.4) until the service is delivered

9.4 Once the players have taken their positions, the first movement of the server’s racket head shall be the start of the service.

The explanation(shown below) says that too many Korean players are being called for faults at international tournaments so they wanted to change the rules to discourage people from trying to trick their opponents. Who knows? Maybe the Samsung coach of whom I spoke earlier in this thread was extra sensitive to such things because of calls going against his players in tournaments. I have noticed LKW and LHJ getting called a lot but I always thought it was because of the racquet angle.

9.1.7 서비스(9.4항)를 시작한 뒤 서버의 라켓 움직임은, 서비스가 끝날 때까지 멈춤 없이 진행되어야 한다.9.4 양편 경기자가 각각의 포지션에 일단 도착하고, 서버 라켓 헤드 의 최초 움직임을 서비스의 시작이라고
    간주한다.

적용 기간 : 2006. 5. 11부터

배경 설명 :

서비스’를 행할 때 라켓 헤드가 앞으로 나가는 동작부터 서비스의 시 작으로 규정하지만, 이 현 경기규정(제9조 : 서비스 규칙)을 악용하여 서 비스를 행할 때 상대선수를 속이는 트릭 행위가 빈번히 발생하고, 국제대 회에서 심판으로부터 모호한 서비스 행동으로 간주되어 우리 선수가 불이 익을 받는 경우가 많아, 이러한 상황을 조기에 방지하고자 변경 시행함.
    Last edited by event; 05-12-2006 at 10:30 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Apparently, according to the badminton England website, there is an experimental law change along these lines.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

can you give a link (or directions) please, I can't see it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Neil Nicholls
    can you give a link (or directions) please, I can't see it.
    http://www.badmintonengland.co.uk/sh...0010022&id=683

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmmm... at the bottom of the article, it says that one of the experimental rule changes is:

• on completion of the backward movement of the server’s racket head, any delay in the start of the service shall be regarded as a fault for undue delay.

I guess this didn't get passed?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i guess within 2 seconds delay is ok...

i'm not a good player tho.. know what, a few times i've tried positioning myself with the backhand serve, and then suddenly switch to forehand serve when i'm going to hit the shuttlecok. so i bring back the forearm instead, to make a forehand serve while lowering the shuttlecock slightly. it should be legal right?
    Last edited by sparks; 05-17-2006 at 07:00 AM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sparks
    i guess within 2 seconds delay is ok...

i'm not a good player tho.. know what, a few times i've tried positioning myself with the backhand serve, and then suddenly switch to forehand serve when i'm going to hit the shuttlecok. so i bring back the forearm instead, to make a forehand serve while lowering the shuttlecock slightly. it should be legal right?
    This is open for interpretation. From my reading of the rule, it is illegal because once you get into position, I can not think of anyway switch backhand to forehand serve without moving racquet forward. Once racquet head is in forward motion, it is start of a serve. If you do not strike the shuttle, it is a fault. I can think of other reasons why it is a fault. However, if you raise your hand to signal a stop of play then switch, I think it is ok.

These are just my opinions.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

from the backhand serve, with racket in front of the body, i bring the racket arm to the right side of the body for forehand serve, so the racket didn't move forward but sideways back.. so it doesn't violate the 'first forward movement' rule.. i hope i can do a flick serve with the backhand though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default serve switch from backhand to forehand serve

I also serve like this some times. As I am in position for a backhand serve, I bring the racket BACk over to my right side, then forward for the serve so think that it is still legal. I see it has no more deceptive then a normal flick serve so doesn't breach the rules of a double swing, pause serve etc.

I see some people on backhand serve lift the racket up very high (above waist) at point of contact with shuttle - this is illegal! No use holding it below waist, then when hitting it you raise the racket grrrr

Can someone tell me please how long can you hold the serve up (as receiver) or as the server??

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6