User Tag List

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Its better now, without any changes.

Badminton matches i think are alright in length.
    And watching a tennis game is boring yet longer.

You get far more injuries in football than badminton and yet they dont change the length.

Shortening matches does not test the players mental strength in long matches.

i dont like this...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm tired of reading this stupid bull**** again and again. Using the reason "making badminton fit the TV schedule" ? What is this? You mean it is the sport that needs to adapt? Why don't you do some statistics first, for example, that badminton is the second most popular sport after soccer? You're talking the second most popular sport in the world needs to fit to television schedule whereas the other 'stupid' 'stupid' (no offense hopefully intended) sports can stay like it is? What is this? Maybe a guy of marketing is not that clever after all. Just go back to school please because you do not look like you have gone to any at all.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wonder what will be the real effect out of it.

If it works out (which) I doubt, Punch will be a hero but if it doesn't I think it's gonna hurt the sport really bad.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wizbit
    Someone give Mr Punch a...punch
    LOL! I could not have said it better.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by It'sMeMeMe
    I'm tired of reading this stupid bull**** again and again. Using the reason "making badminton fit the TV schedule" ? What is this? You mean it is the sport that needs to adapt? Why don't you do some statistics first, for example, that badminton is the second most popular sport after soccer? You're talking the second most popular sport in the world needs to fit to television schedule whereas the other 'stupid' 'stupid' (no offense hopefully intended) sports can stay like it is? What is this? Maybe a guy of marketing is not that clever after all. Just go back to school please because you do not look like you have gone to any at all.
    Is that in asia or in the world? I was under the impression basketball, tennis would be ahead.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs down

They said that badminton matches are too long, but honestly what is the average match duration for badminton? for me 40mn, and matchs which go on more than one hour are very often good matchs between great players, with rhythm, intensity, spectacular shoots.

Playing in Tie-break... pfffffff what an s***** idea, the game will become so boring. None player will attack. What we gonna see: CLEARS,CLEARS,CLEARS and CLEARS (and smatches only for few players who can make the difference with that: Taufik, Lin Dan, Lee Chong Wei, maybe some other)

What a great future for badminton

(Sorry for my english )

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi!

Quote Originally Posted by harimau
    NEW DELHI, Sept 17 (Bernama) -- The headquarters of International Badminton Federation (IBF) will be moved from Cheltenham in the United Kingdom to Kuala Lumpur by December this year.

"The new 21-point format, used in table tennis, has a major advantage. Every time a player serves he stands to gain a serve. The current rule of time-out unnecessarily prolongs the game. To make the game more TV-friendly, we have to ensure that the duration of the matches is drastically shortened," he added.
    I'm not sure if it is the case world wide. But Table tennis changed the rules in Germany a few years ago and they are not playing to 21 points anymore. They have a best of 2,3 to 11 points system. They are also playing in TieBreak modus and changing serves after 2 serves.

This rule is used quite a long time, so I think the IBF information is a little bit outdated

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

... table tennis is so much more popular than badminton in north america....? turning badminton into table tennis won't increase popularity. They think that people don't watch badminton b/c of its TV format appeal. PPL dont watch it b/c its not promoted in North America!!!!!

"We took this decision as we felt that the popularity of the sport, the fan-following and the sponsors were all in this part of the world," Gunalan said.

ITS ALSO HIS HOME TOWN HOW CONVENIENT

http://www.bernama.com.my/bernama/v3....php?id=151869

is the part about younger people losing interest in the sport true?

The IBF deputy president, who was happy with the organisation of the World Championships here which ended on Sunday as well as fan support, also believed that the 21-point system could help organisers save on the use of shuttlecocks.

i guess thats true but still dumb
    Last edited by Eurasian =--(O); 09-18-2005 at 07:17 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Angry

those ppl are stupid... they have NO idea how popular it is here in asia. basically everyone that is over 18 plays badminton, well tahts the case in taiwan. and they're GOOD at it too. not all but most are really good. they should look more at the WORLD and not just AMERICA. and DONT FORGET theres a lot of other boring sports out there that last like 3 times longer than badminton does. they should really rethink this descision...

RICHMOND BC...ne hot girls from richmond that plays badminton pm me ~_^
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

so basically each game will only have 21 rallies

do each side also get 3 serves each n then alternate?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

actualy, despite the fact that i don't like changes (especially major ones like this) i think this rule might make the game more interesting, since it might make players attack more. Since it's a shorter game, players don't need to save their energies. In most cases, players don't attack alot if 1. the opponent is Morten frost or other great defense players or 2. They don't have enough stamina to keep attacking and not get tired. So, it might create some more Boom and BAM in the game... not that i like changing rules like this ...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SmashingBird
    so basically each game will only have 21 rallies?
    Nope. Like In volleyball someone gets a point after every rally. Games are usually won with scores like 21-18 (which has 39 rallies). I think this is still quite a bit shorter than a typical badminton game now, especially when serve is exchanged a lot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hopefully within a month of IBF enforcing this new rule that they figure out what kind of morons they are and go back to the old 3x15 system. if the current badminton community like BC here disagrees with such a drastic rule change, what makes them think others will accept it. most sports do hope to attract new fans but they must think of their current fans first. it is those that have watched countless hours of tournaments that they should appeal to first. i'm all for the growth and spread of badminton but without the foundation of support from fans like us here, there will be no IBF.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ibf should closely watch some tennis.
    some games last for more than 2 hours.

i am sorry to say the 21 x 3 rule is Stupid .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by Astalavista
    ibf should closely watch some tennis.
    some games last for more than 2 hours.

i am sorry to say the 21 x 3 rule is Stupid .
    the mens wimbldon match goes for almost 4 hours...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is just so stupid... I was so glad that we changed back to the 3x15 system, after that dumb mistake to change it to 5x7.
    Now again, we have to face a failure. I like it when matches are long, you can see great rallys, you'll see who has the best mental strenght, which we can forget now in this case

Really, ibf... Move if you want, but leave the rules intact [><]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

can we all start a petition.this is stupid thing.i knew about this a month before the wc.inside info from my coach.and i got a shock because i thought my coach was joking.but as the truth sank in i think im sorry to say this but the thrill of watching long rallies and earning point will be not exctining at all already.and jus imagine 1 sided matches ending in 15 minutes.does anyone want to pay to watch such short games.is this what you call good marketing strategies.WE NEED A PETITION.

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast