need help with Yonex SHB 98M shoe size!

Discussion in 'Clothing & Footwear' started by mel_baddie, Dec 11, 2005.

1. mel_baddie

mel_baddie Regular Member

hi everyone,

i need some urgent help regarding Yonex shoe sizes. i have always wanted to buy a pair of SHB98m and i found them online but they only have size 40.5.

i wear now SHB99M size 41. the question is.

how big in cm are the SHB 98M size 40.5? (if anyone has this size) i know SHB99M size 41 is 26.5 cm. from the forums i read, some say, 98 is smaller, some say bigger. i am confused. :confused:

if you guys don't have the size 40.5 for SHB98M, then just give me your size but the shoes must be SHB98M.

thanks a lot.

mel_baddie:D

2. Zechchoo

Zechchoo Regular Member

Maybe you should try that size from the sport shop and determine whether is suitable for you. My friend bought it at comfortable size but after a few session of plays, he notice the shoes start to expand. Thus he have to wear much thicker socks. Any ppl around who own this model care to share the experience?

3. mel_baddie

thanks. but i have to buy the shoe online thus cannot test it before i buy it. i can return the shoe within 2 weeks though. i just hope the shoe expands a bit .:) although my shb99m did not expand at all i think. did not have good experience with shoes that are too small for my feet. i lost both my big toe nail because i wore shoes that are too small and played badminton with them for about 4 hours. haha. luckily, the toenails are growing back nicely now. :D

4. crazy_smasher

crazy_smasher Regular Member

Do not get the 40.5

Do not get the 40.5 shb98 coz it is very narrow in front. i wear shb99 us8.5, shb 98 i NEED 0.5 size more than my normal size coz in front it is tighter. For ur case, u are taking 0.5 size less than ur normal size, so likely crammed.

Rgds

cs

5. chickenpoodle

chickenpoodle Regular Member

you're going to need a larger size in the 98MX if you're wearing 41EURO for 99MX's.

40.5EURO 98MX is 26.0cm.

and the 98s are known to fit narrow.

my suggestion, do not buy them.

6. mel_baddie

thanks for the advice you guys. :) i am thinking of getting another 99mx now if the 98 ist too narrow for me. shame though coz the color of 98m fits well to all other polo shirts i have.. hahaha. :D

mel_baddie

7. chickenpoodle

i envy you. i want another pair of the 98MX's before they're gone forever. and i can't find any. its hard to find them even online.
    and to make matters worse, i wear the 40.5EURO 98MX that you're asking about. :(

i had another pair lined up through email with someone, but their provider sold the last pair before he could get it. :mad:

edit:
    oh!! your source is online? may i ask where?
    i didn't push you away from the 98s so i could get them. honest! :p

#7 chickenpoodle, Dec 12, 2005
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2005
  8. mel_baddie

haha. no problem. have decided to get the 98 anyway. i can still return it within 2 weeks if its too small for me.

check out ebay.de under badminton. its in german though.
    i believe the shop still has a few pairs available. saw 2 more bids for the shoes. cheap though. €47.95 for a pair. :D:D get them before they are gone forever.

they also have 98lx from size 36 to 41. say...would the 98lx size 41 fit me then???

9. chickenpoodle

yes, the 41 or 41.5 EURO should fit you, depending on how wide your feet really is. but the shoes will expand over time too.

awesome, i just found a few.
    however, i don't understand a word of german. except for a few phrases used in a few games i played in the past. :D

and i'm not entirely sure how willing these guys are to ship to canada, and for how much... :(

and i wonder if any of these guys speak english...

10. mel_baddie

hmm.. i don't think i want to know what words you know in german.. hahah.:D
    well.. i guess you have to ask the shop if they are willing to ship to canada because it states that they only send to Switzerland, Germany and Austria. send them an email. i am sure if you pay with paypal, and accept the extra shipping costs, then it should not be a problem.

or if my SHB98 dont fit me when they arrive, maybe i could sell it to you. wait and see!. ;)

wonder why i need so many pairs of shoes. 99M, 99Ltd, Asics Pro Gel Clear and now 98M. :p

11. chickenpoodle

because if you don't look good, you won't feel good. and if you don't feel good, you don't play good. ;)

the problem with that idea is, that your feet sounds like its slightly bigger than mine if you're planning on ordering the 41EU's =\

i'll fire off a couple email's regarding shipping to see if these guys know what i'm talking about first. after i take a more detailed look to see if they're the real deal. :)

oh, and the words in german aren't bad or anything. they're all stuff like attention, run away, i got you! etc. nothing profane, i think. haha

#11 chickenpoodle, Dec 12, 2005
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2005