Consistency (Fitness?)

Discussion in 'Techniques / Training' started by SPaterson, Dec 12, 2005.

1. SPaterson

SPaterson Regular Member

Student, Programmer
    Hi all,

I've posted a few times and got good replies here so, hopefully you can help again; if this has been discussed previously, i'm sorry, just tell me what to search for & I will.

I'm a 16 year old badminton player, and I like to play badminton at least 3 times a week. The trouble is, I usually play Great (for my level/skill) If I've had a two or three day rest

If I play say Sunday, then Monday, I don't play as well on Monday.

How can I change this? I've already changed my diet and take-in lots of protein etc., before that I was much worse and had very sore muscles etc. fatigued after badminton, I'm much better now but, still not consistent

just FYI, I'm 9 st. zero, and I've played badminton at least twice a week for about 2 years, I eat I think a fairly good diet.

Any suggestions?

2. pompey

pompey Regular Member

You need carbs rather than protein. I find tuna and pasta a good meal prior to badminton. To avoid sore muscles warm down properly with stretching.

3. Matrix

Matrix Regular Member

Regional Sales Manager
    consistency

Hi SPaterson,
    For a 16 yrs old player, yr recovery rate should be pretty quick. I know a gentleman who is in his 50'S and he used to play 6 times a week.:p I think u need to master good footwork in this game. This will definitely help. Coupled with right techniques, u will be able to play almost everyday. A maximum of three hours per day. Yr body needs to rest. ;) Hope this will help.:)
    Matrix:D

4. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    consistency

You just need to get used to the days. Focus on what you want to improve on and get a coach to guide you. Nothing to do with the days. Alternatively, just play almost everyday to get condition to the back to back days.
    Hope this helps.
    :D

5. SPaterson

SPaterson Regular Member

Student, Programmer
    Cheers for the replies.

hehe, I'd love to play every day every week but it's a little hard to find anyone as hard core about badminton my age or otherwise in my small town :(, i'll just have to try harder to get more people into it I suppose ;)

I'll try harder to play every day more often & try to improve my foot work too. I think the foot work is a particularly valid point...

Maybe then I wouldn't get as tired when playing the veterans at one of the clubs I play at, who are obviously more experienced than myself.