Racquet Weight Query.....???

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by dogpile, Dec 15, 2005.

1. dogpile

dogpile Regular Member

To destroy my opponents!!
    My query.....a typical Yonex designed racquet with a 3U weight vs. a 4U weight (AT-800 in question).

Can anyone tell me in which part of the racquet the extra weight is concentrated if both have the same grip size?

TIA :cool:

2. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    it hasnt been proven nor disclosed by yonex but my guess is all part of the racket to achieve the same balance.

#2 cooler, Dec 15, 2005
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2005
  3. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

Designing and producing quality feather shuttlecoc
    Racquets are not specifically manufactured into 3U or 4U. Each production batch comes up with racquets that do not weigh exactly the same, although the variation is within a certain tolerance. The static balance point and the weight of the wooden handle, which is in turn finely adjusted with length and diameter of the handle hole or tunnel (to reduce weight), silicone, plastic or lead sheet counterweight (to increase weight), the grip and the handle size will sort the racquets into 3U or 4U. As a matter of fact I used to be quite good at this, converting a racquet from one U to another U within certain constraints.
    Racquet manufacturing is not as high tech as you think. The high tech boys are the materials or fiber manufacturers. Boys like Toray Chemicals, Dupont, Hoerscht, etc. keep knocking on the doors of racquet, string, boats, sails, racing cars, plane, etc. manufacturers in their quest for new applications.

4. dogpile

dogpile Regular Member

To destroy my opponents!!
    Thanks for the responses...very interesting