How do you execute a JUMPSMASH!!!

Discussion in 'Techniques / Training' started by Elt, Mar 29, 2002.

1. Elt

Elt Guest

Yes, I am a newbie to badminton, but I believe I have improved to a certain level because I have been doing research on badminton and have been practising often (four times a week). So can someone help me to how to execute a jump smash?

Also I want to ask what kind of racket is suited for me?
    I have a techno racket, which I believe is crap, it is a tec9.5. I am planning to buy a racket in Hong Kong. I also have used other rackets, just to use it because it is lighter than my racket a lot, so I believe that I should get a lighter racket because I have been using a heavy racket. Any suggestions would be great!

2. Nic

Nic Regular Member

BCBF Member
    Jump! and Smash!
    Have to be at the right timing. :p

3. Veemal

Veemal Guest

Jump and b d idiot u r

4. Josh B.

Josh B. Guest

Veemal, if you are going to insult someone than insult yourself or someone that needs to be insulted and take it out of this forum.

Elt, I would suggest progressing to a Yonex racquet and if you don't want to spend too much money than go to Sport Chek and get a Ti 5 Light or Isometric 97 VF.

5. TDotSmAsHer

TDotSmAsHer Regular Member

Student Gr 11 in Sept.------- badminton player/ad
    Get a black knight one... they have pretty good ones which cost less then Yonex. I also heard that carlton had some pretty good ones (airblade series). In my opinion, you only pay for the yonex name for the low end racquets and not quality. Black knight aeropro or rapier pro is pretty decent. I havn't really tried a lot of brands though.

6. Josh B.

Josh B. Guest

I agree with Badminton Newbie! I own the Black Knight Aero Pro and it is a fantastic racquet! The Black Knight Rapier Pro is even better!

7. Nanashi

Nanashi Regular Member

Student
    Like nic said, you just jump, and then you smash.. Just do a normal smash, just in mid-air... it's a little tricky at first, but you'll get used to it...

8. Kevin

Kevin Guest

In my opinion if you concentrate on jumping and smashing the shuttle, chances are that your timing will be horrible and the smash won't have any power at all. Once you get into the rhythm of the game and your athleticism improves, jump smashing becomes almost intuitive -- it's almost as if the birdie is hanging up in the air for you to jump out and get it.

9. kaushik

kaushik Regular Member

hi,
    one thing i can think of, that contributes to a good jump smash is right footwork to get to the shuttle before jumping.Often, people are right under or too close to the bird and hence mistime the smash. In the recent Thomas/Uber cup qualifiers in melbourne i watched the players execute the jump smash(in singles i mean) very closely.None of em, concentrated on power..they all went for the angle/steepness/placement.

10. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
  11. alex_fung1980

alex_fung1980 Regular Member

Nil
    Actually, I think timing is very important to jump smash. I'm just keep practising it. Hope you can find your best timing soon.

12. Nextech0

Nextech0 Regular Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HIbGK0-iQGA

Talks about body rotation and using your entire body or something... I can't remember I watched it a while ago.

Uh... but the video cooler linked too is also quite instructive... lol :D

EDIT: Just realized this thread is 7 years old... hopefully he knows how to jump smash by now. :p

#12 Nextech0, Apr 27, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2009
  13. llpjlau

llpjlau Regular Member

should you bend your knees when you jump smash?

14. drifit

drifit newbie

PM
    dear cooler,
    is that your kid? :D:p

thanks for digging this 7 years old thread and revive it. nevertheless, the favorite topic. ;)