User Tag List

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 18 to 34 of 81
  1. #18
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    159
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CWB001
    And also why no evaluation criteria have been published. There are none - this change will be bulldozed through regardless.
    Yeap. The so-called "experimenting the new system" is just a show. IBF is not open-minded about the result of experiment because they have already decided that they WANT to implement it.

  2. #19
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Montreal (514)
    Posts
    1,229
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Well, my view on this new scoring system is: Games are way too short especially doubles!

  3. #20
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Basement Boiler Room
    Posts
    22,118
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pball
    well, if it is so welcomed... they never ask any opinion here (Philippines..). No one even uses it... no one even tried to use it.. you don't have to, to know its a load of crap.

    in case the IBF is reading this...

    your new scoring system is a load of skunk manure!!!

    sorry for the outburst.. just can stand blatant lying .. and this new press release is just that or at the very least one sided reporting..
    LOL, that phrase remind me of corporate management decision making process.


    Club Organizers to Federation VPs: the players say the propose plan is foul smelling and reek of skunk manure.

    Federation VPs to Council President: the people say the plan has a strong pungent smell like fementing organic compose.

    Council President to IBF Chairman: the people say the plan is like a strong fertilizer.

    IBF Chairman: The IBF had listened to the people and this plan will provide nutrient for fantastic growth. I declare the propose plan as corporate policy.
    Last edited by cooler; 12-17-2005 at 03:20 PM.

  4. #21
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    6,527
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CWB001
    How come you have been arguing in favour of the new system over the last few days then?

    And if one person counts for so little why do you argue that others that oppose this silly new system (that is so obviously dangerous to the sport) should make their views felt as individuals?

    The sort of weasel statements quoted by the original poster show us just how much of an independent evaluation of the experiment can be expected from the IBF. And also why no evaluation criteria have been published. There are none - this change will be bulldozed through regardless.
    What I have been trying to fight for is the right to be tried out first before rubbishing the idea. This is how we progress. The chosen body-yes, chosen by your country's delegates-comes up with a proposal, an action plan for a trial period, and then a decision phase to adopt or reject. This is the due process.
    A part of me tells me that a fairer playing field would allow each player to have an equal number of serves (or as equal as possible), something similar to today's table tennis, and that points can be scored from two points of view-from the server and from the receiver.
    No, I did not in the least feel pissed off when I was not consulted about the change. On the contrary, if you read carefully, the real message is that it is as it should be. It would be inappropriate and a colossal waste of money to inform the badminton fans, players, and supporters of the world about the change directly and individually.
    The final decision will be made by the IBF council members. Now if your country's council member votes for the new system, why the hell did you vote for him? It is more appropriate that you and all the badminton clubs in your country contact him to reject the idea. This way your grievance can be better directed. In this forum it is like a shortgun blast that hits nothing but air. It is not wasted though. Just good to talk about but not an appropriate channel to swing the vote.

  5. #22
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    6,527
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ccskaki
    Yeap. The so-called "experimenting the new system" is just a show. IBF is not open-minded about the result of experiment because they have already decided that they WANT to implement it.
    Well, why not do something about it? You can call up Singapore's IBF council representative Steven Yeo at +65 63441773 and state your case. Steven is a very powerful council member. BTW, Punch Gunalan alone cannot make the decision. He doesn't even have a casting vote when votes are tied. Do you have any more democratic ways to vote?

  6. #23
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Perth, Australia
    Posts
    2,784
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    mmm.

    Very 'colourful' comments our members have expressed....

    Hell why worry bout it. Just go on with your daily lives and play badminton with the ol 15 point system. If you don't like the new system, why not everyone call steven yeo's telephone number. I'm sure he'll crawl back to the IBF council with eye bags after a large bombardment on his mobile phone by angry supporters of the fans.

    Lets try it with other members too

  7. #24
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    1,610
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote from the interview at World cup final

    XXF: I thinik I will support the 21 point system
    LD: The 21 point system is bringing impact to some of the players, IE: BCL

  8. #25
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    6,527
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FEND.
    mmm.

    Very 'colourful' comments our members have expressed....

    Hell why worry bout it. Just go on with your daily lives and play badminton with the ol 15 point system. If you don't like the new system, why not everyone call steven yeo's telephone number. I'm sure he'll crawl back to the IBF council with eye bags after a large bombardment on his mobile phone by angry supporters of the fans.

    Lets try it with other members too
    For Australians they have an even more powerful council member, a vice president, Robin Bryant. Why not use him as a lightning rod? Talk the talk, and walk the walk. Have the guts to do it the right way. But, try to build up your case on a more solid foundation. Shooting the idea down before it is even tested will only weaken your case, because it will be treated as a "spoilt" vote. If you are a national association member, a top national player, a national coach, a national or international accredited umpire you should know how to go about this.

  9. #26
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    6,527
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wong8Egg
    Quote from the interview at World cup final

    XXF: I thinik I will support the 21 point system
    LD: The 21 point system is bringing impact to some of the players, IE: BCL
    What will determine the fate of the new system is the feedback they get from the relevant bodies that run such "trial" competitions. One or two players opinions will not be decisive. It will be a majority decision.

  10. #27
    Regular Member ants's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Malaysian Citizen of the World
    Posts
    13,157
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Will see how it goes. This is the 1st official tournament that is using the 21 points systems. I'm sure there will be many more feedbacks from both players and official. If is does no good to the game.. i'm queit sure that the game will eventually go back to the old scoring method.

  11. #28
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    319
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by taneepak
    What will determine the fate of the new system is the feedback they get from the relevant bodies that run such "trial" competitions. One or two players opinions will not be decisive. It will be a majority decision.
    You continue to blissfully ignore the fact that there is no mechanism for such a consultation or any criteria for any such evaluation and therefore no input to any vote except the opinions of the IBF members.

    You must be very naive if the think that democracy has anything to do with this - autocracy is the method in use.

  12. #29
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    6,527
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CWB001
    You continue to blissfully ignore the fact that there is no mechanism for such a consultation or any criteria for any such evaluation and therefore no input to any vote except the opinions of the IBF members.

    You must be very naive if the think that democracy has anything to do with this - autocracy is the method in use.
    There will be enough trial matches using the new scoring system between now and the 2006 Thomas & Uber Cup for all the more than 150 member delegates from all the continents to vote yes or no at the AGM to be held in Japan after the Thomas/Uber Cup. The decision to vote yes or no is at the hands of these 150+ members, not a bunch of autocrats.
    Or do you think that even these 150 votes representing all the recognized badminton confederations in the world are autocrats? Maybe you should be there and demand that the IBF send out millions of voting papers to all and sundry for a popular vote. Even the president of the U.S. is not elected on a popular vote but by an electoral college. You choose to call such a system autocratic? What then do you think the IBF should do?

  13. #30
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    319
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by taneepak
    There will be enough trial matches using the new scoring system between now and the 2006 Thomas & Uber Cup for all the more than 150 member delegates from all the continents to vote yes or no at the AGM to be held in Japan after the Thomas/Uber Cup. The decision to vote yes or no is at the hands of these 150+ members, not a bunch of autocrats.
    Or do you think that even these 150 votes representing all the recognized badminton confederations in the world are autocrats? Maybe you should be there and demand that the IBF send out millions of voting papers to all and sundry for a popular vote. Even the president of the U.S. is not elected on a popular vote but by an electoral college. You choose to call such a system autocratic? What then do you think the IBF should do?
    Hmm. Autocrats are recognised by their behaviour not by the way they were elected.

  14. #31
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    6,527
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CWB001
    Hmm. Autocrats are recognised by their behaviour not by the way they were elected.
    Lets call a spade a spade. What is wrong with this 150+ voting system? There are Englishmen, Chinamen, Americans, Australians, Indians, Canadians, East Europeons, Singaporeans, Malaysians, Japanese, Koreans, Indonesians, Danish Vikings, Thais, and almost all countries you care to count who are going to have the final say. Are you saying your fellow Englishmen are as autocratic as Punch Gunalan? Again, what do you suggest? Printing 100 million Yes/No ballot papers and then sending them out to whoever you can get hold of to vote? I will bet my bottom dollar that the 150+ votes will not only make a mockery of your 100 million voting papers, but surprise, surprise, will even be closer to what the badminton fraternity wants, and much more cost effective.

  15. #32
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    319
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by taneepak
    Lets call a spade a spade. What is wrong with this 150+ voting system? There are Englishmen, Chinamen, Americans, Australians, Indians, Canadians, East Europeons, Singaporeans, Malaysians, Japanese, Koreans, Indonesians, Danish Vikings, Thais, and almost all countries you care to count who are going to have the final say. Are you saying your fellow Englishmen are as autocratic as Punch Gunalan? Again, what do you suggest? Printing 100 million Yes/No ballot papers and then sending them out to whoever you can get hold of to vote? I will bet my bottom dollar that the 150+ votes will not only make a mockery of your 100 million voting papers, but surprise, surprise, will even be closer to what the badminton fraternity wants, and much more cost effective.

    Are you a member of the IBF or do you just gullible enough to swallow everything they say?

  16. #33
    Regular Member DinkAlot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    dcbadminton.net
    Posts
    12,158
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pball
    in case the IBF is reading this...

    your new scoring system is a load of skunk manure!!!
    PBall, please tell us how you really feel.

  17. #34
    Regular Member DinkAlot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    dcbadminton.net
    Posts
    12,158
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CWB001
    Are you a member of the IBF or do you just gullible enough to swallow everything they say?
    LMAO!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. new scoring system?
    By james23336 in forum General Forum
    Replies: 4
    : 05-03-2007, 03:13 PM
  2. New Scoring System (21-Rally point system)
    By MikeJ in forum Jonas Rasmussen Forum
    Replies: 21
    : 06-05-2006, 06:03 AM
  3. Replies: 1
    : 05-12-2006, 08:43 PM
  4. new scoring system- 9x5 !!!!
    By N. Usmani in forum General Forum
    Replies: 11
    : 03-18-2002, 03:31 AM
  5. more on 5x7 scoring system
    By cooler in forum General Forum
    Replies: 3
    : 05-01-2001, 08:04 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •