User Tag List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 35 to 51 of 85

Thread: Lu Lan!

  1. #35
    Moderator Oldhand's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Asia
    Posts
    7,322
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Well, that is anyone but Lu Lan

    Except for her height, the girl in the video looks like any of the thousands of Asian girls having an evening out. Unless the person who filmed the clip is on oath, it beats me how someone can conclusively identify her as Lu Lan.

    Also, it looks as if this was a planned shoot
    The (mobile-phone) camera is waiting for the couple to walk in.

    By the way, isn't Lu Lan supposed to be at that military camp?

  2. #36
    Regular Member suetyan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Akihabara
    Posts
    7,885
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Oldhand View Post
    Well, that is anyone but Lu Lan

    Except for her height, the girl in the video looks like any of the thousands of Asian girls having an evening out. Unless the person who filmed the clip is on oath, it beats me how someone can conclusively identify her as Lu Lan.

    Also, it looks as if this was a planned shoot
    The (mobile-phone) camera is waiting for the couple to walk in.

    By the way, isn't Lu Lan supposed to be at that military camp?
    nope, the camp had ended on 28 Dec 2008

  3. #37
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Basement Boiler Room
    Posts
    22,118
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by suetyan View Post
    nope, the camp had ended on 28 Dec 2008
    i thot it was a 3 week camp...

  4. #38
    Regular Member suetyan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Akihabara
    Posts
    7,885
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cooler View Post
    i thot it was a 3 week camp...
    nope, the military camp was held for 1 week whilst the winter training is held for 2 months

  5. #39
    Regular Member george@chongwei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    MIA
    Posts
    29,919
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    that does not look like lu lan to me..

  6. #40
    Regular Member suetyan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Akihabara
    Posts
    7,885
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by george@chongwei View Post
    that does not look like lu lan to me..
    well, that is just a news, it depends on whether you believe or not
    but of course I hope this is true, wish to get the true news from her soon

  7. #41
    Regular Member ctjcad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    u.s.a.
    Posts
    19,157
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default ^^Do you know..^^

    ..how many million (single) guys will breathe a sigh of relief if the news (that she has been smitten & has a bf) turns out to be untrue?...

  8. #42
    Regular Member Ajaib's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Indonesia tanah air beta
    Posts
    2,234
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Good Luck LU LAN....
    stop crying and Jia You...
    i'll support you....

  9. #43
    Regular Member suetyan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Akihabara
    Posts
    7,885
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Congratulation to Lu Lan for defeating her teammate Wang Lin in the semi final of WC 09.
    You are BACK!!! At least you show to us that you are better than WYH and WL currently.

  10. #44
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Indonesia
    Posts
    9
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Good luck for both Lu Lan & Xie Xingfang, very proud of you !

  11. #45
    Regular Member george@chongwei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    MIA
    Posts
    29,919
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    yeah, she will be in the final..i remember everytime she lost also wil be crying..
    it seems like she's improving day by day..go grab the title, lu lan!

  12. #46
    Regular Member simonlovers's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    indonesia
    Posts
    3,756
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Just like last year OG....
    3 CHN WS in SF....
    in CHN vs CHN..the winner will be the 2nd...
    in CHN vs the Dark HOrse.....the winner will be the winner in final..

    but i still hope she give great effort..

    and the most important..please don't cry after you lose..

  13. #47
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    493
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    well, i've seen her play in a lot of videos and i like the way she plays and her tenacity. just that it always fell short most of the times. who can forget that Olympic bronze medal match, she was just devastated. she's lacking mentally, i guess. however, in this year's World Championship, i think she has matured and she has a very good chance of winning the title. she beat Wang Lin in the semis and later she'll play against the veteran Xie Xingfang. saw her play against her in Thailand Open last year and i think she has a very good chance. good luck Lu Lan! make us proud tomorrow!

  14. #48
    Regular Member ctjcad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    u.s.a.
    Posts
    19,157
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Who will you cheer for??..XXF or LL??..

    Quote Originally Posted by suetyan View Post
    Congratulation to Lu Lan for defeating her teammate Wang Lin in the semi final of WC 09.
    You are BACK!!! At least you show to us that you are better than WYH and WL currently.
    ..one is on the verge of equaling the same no. of medals as her sweeheart is trying to get..
    ..the other is trying to finally make a real name for herself & erase her bad memory from last yr's OG..
    who to root for??..

  15. #49
    Regular Member suetyan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Akihabara
    Posts
    7,885
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ctjcad View Post
    ..one is on the verge of equaling the same no. of medals as her sweeheart is trying to get..
    ..the other is trying to finally make a real name for herself & erase her bad memory from last yr's OG..
    who to root for??..
    I will still cheer for XXF, I voted for XXF in "Who will win the WS title at the 2009 WC?" I hope XXF appreciates this chance, perhaps, this is her last WC? LL is still young, I hope she gives this title to XXF. But I am sure it would be a tough fight. If Lin Dan bt Chen Jin, I think XXF will bt LL. If LD is so generous to give the title to CJ, then LL will bt XXF.

  16. #50
    Regular Member george@chongwei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    MIA
    Posts
    29,919
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    in the chinese newspapers, it mentions that this is XXF's last wc..hmm

  17. #51
    Regular Member ctjcad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    u.s.a.
    Posts
    19,157
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Ah-haaa...

    Quote Originally Posted by suetyan View Post
    I will still cheer for XXF, I voted for XXF in "Who will win the WS title at the 2009 WC?" I hope XXF appreciates this chance, perhaps, this is her last WC? LL is still young, I hope she gives this title to XXF. But I am sure it would be a tough fight. If Lin Dan bt Chen Jin, I think XXF will bt LL. If LD is so generous to give the title to CJ, then LL will bt XXF.
    - So now we know who you voted for....
    - Eh, no give-give lah from LL...later BCers will say LL gives the title to Xingfang..
    - Actually it's supposed to be like this lah: If Chen Jin is so generous to give the title to LD, then XXF will beat LL. Chen Jin knows lah Xingfang jie jie will play her last WC, so as a farewell gift to her, he'll lose to LD. And he'll tell Lu Lan to step aside and gift XXF her last farewell title. CJ & LL are very generous lah..

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •