User Tag List

Page 35 of 373 FirstFirst ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 85 135 ... LastLast
Results 579 to 595 of 6331
  1. #579
    New Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default May I join you on the 13th?

    I am traveling to india and have a long lay over. May I join your group on the 13th at the 8 AM session?

  2. #580
    New Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    May I join you on the 13th at 8 AM? I am traveling to India and have a long lay over in Singapore.

  3. #581
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    181
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Elcorreron,

    No prob, just come on down on Saturday, and let us know if you need directions to the complex

    Cheers

    theforceisback

  4. #582
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    181
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Hey Fred,

    I really like your idea on the tournament, so if there are enough people then I am really keen on the idea. Here's some input on how we can do it.

    Badminton Doubles Tournament

    Format: (either K/O or League depending on response)

    Should be K/O, due to the fact its faster.

    Date and Time: TBA (guys need your input)

    How about two weeks from this Saturday, the 27th of May, and the subsequently the last weekend of every month.

    Open To : Jim's Saturday Group and friends.

    No Age Group all category.

    Points System (either 15 or 21 )

    I am really keen to try out the 21 point system but seems like most of us are still comfortable with the 15 point system.

    How about we have people sign up for the tournament, and then draw the pairings out of a box, that way we will not have one strong pair dominate all the time, and it makes it a bit exciting because you never know who you will get as pair.

    Just some ideas, please feedback and we can proceed from there.

    Location CCK Stadium

    Cheers

    Jim

  5. #583
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    SG and MY
    Posts
    669
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by theforceisback
    Hey Fred,

    I really like your idea on the tournament, so if there are enough people then I am really keen on the idea. Here's some input on how we can do it.

    Badminton Doubles Tournament

    Format: (either K/O or League depending on response)

    Should be K/O, due to the fact its faster.

    Date and Time: TBA (guys need your input)

    How about two weeks from this Saturday, the 27th of May, and the subsequently the last weekend of every month.

    Open To : Jim's Saturday Group and friends.

    No Age Group all category.

    Points System (either 15 or 21 )

    I am really keen to try out the 21 point system but seems like most of us are still comfortable with the 15 point system.

    How about we have people sign up for the tournament, and then draw the pairings out of a box, that way we will not have one strong pair dominate all the time, and it makes it a bit exciting because you never know who you will get as pair.

    Just some ideas, please feedback and we can proceed from there.

    Location CCK Stadium

    Cheers

    Jim
    I think its a good idea to try out the 21 point system, cos we might accidently win. haha
    by means of drawing lots for your partner is also a good idea, but what if 2 very strong players get to partner each other...then it wont be competitive anymore. just my 2cents.

  6. #584
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    181
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Its true if by the luck of the draw two very good players get to partner each other then the rest of us can just sit back and enjoy the show, but thats the luck factor. On the other hand if we allow to choose partner then for sure the very good ones will always keep winning because they will choose the best partner and eventually the mere mortals like myself will just have to accept being knocked out in the first round everytime, and then slowly move on to becoming an umpire or a line judge, or even the guy who sits by with the mop bucket.


    Cheers

    Jim

  7. #585
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    SG and MY
    Posts
    669
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    yea, and I can be the linesman.
    you can try another approach...like umm

    category 1: average players
    category 2: strong players

    then can draw one from each category to play as a pair, but since we have more average players compared to strong players...we might get all the average players to pit against one another(in doubles) then pick winning team to play against the combination doubles(ie from cat1 and cat2)

    Maybe its so confusing, I dont even know what I am trying to say.

  8. #586
    New Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    CCK
    Posts
    138
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by utopia_imminent
    Date: 13th of May 2006

    Venue: Choa Chu Kang Sports Complex

    Courts: 7 (8am---->10am)
    8 (8am---->10am)
    6 (7am---->9am)

    Confirmed Playing:

    1. theforceisback
    2. sunder
    3. Aristol
    4. Sam Tan
    5. kwokcw

    6. Notnimdab729 (Lee)
    7. GA (KT)
    8. Skyrider
    9. Skyrider Jr
    10. vince
    11. riduan
    12. Fred (tentantive)

    13. Elcorreron
    14. Michael

    Lightsmash idea is good but implementation could prove touchy. I was just thinking: to make thing simple, why dun we just let Fred (the proposed tournament organiser) use his professionism wisdom and impartial judgement to pair the players. If anyone thought he was not paired fairly, just cursed and sworn in silence, but no appeal or objection allowed. This way we pass the most headache problem (players pairing) to Fred (we may need to share costs buying Panadol for him) and we can just concentrate on having FUN...

  9. #587
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Johore Bahru
    Posts
    324
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cktiew
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by utopia_imminent
    Date: 13th of May 2006

    Venue: Choa Chu Kang Sports Complex

    Courts: 7 (8am---->10am)
    8 (8am---->10am)
    6 (7am---->9am)

    Confirmed Playing:

    1. theforceisback
    2. sunder
    3. Aristol
    4. Sam Tan
    5. kwokcw

    6. Notnimdab729 (Lee)
    7. GA (KT)
    8. Skyrider
    9. Skyrider Jr
    10. vince
    11. riduan
    12. Fred (tentantive)

    13. Elcorreron
    14. Michael

    Lightsmash idea is good but implementation could prove touchy. I was just thinking: to make thing simple, why dun we just let Fred (the proposed tournament organiser) use his professionism wisdom and impartial judgement to pair the players. If anyone thought he was not paired fairly, just cursed and sworn in silence, but no appeal or objection allowed. This way we pass the most headache problem (players pairing) to Fred (we may need to share costs buying Panadol for him) and we can just concentrate on having FUN...
    .....!

    Sounds POSEIDONISH to me. Doesnt sound good to me... i dun wan to be James Gomez (Later kenna complaint have to act blurr....haha then apologise say i genuinely and sincerly not purposely pair the team in this way) Later my passport impunded by Jimmy or MADMAN how?

  10. #588
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    181
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I don't like the idea of turning Fred into another Gomez, just end up with people being unhappy if they are paired with somebody they are not comfortable with and have no avenue for complaining. I am still for the idea of putting everyone's name in a hat and drawing out the pairs, if a strong pair emerges then thats just pure luck and nothing anyone can do about it. Just have to wait until the next tournament and hope for better luck.

  11. #589
    New Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    CCK
    Posts
    138
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Fred, Dun wori lah, as long as u pair Jimmy with MADMAN, they will jingle madly with no time to complain

    Alternatively, u, Jim and MADMAN form an IPC ( Independent Pairing Committee) to decide on the pairing. No minority certificate is required from any of the players, so nobody needs to wori about ended like JG. However, the IPC must be Prudence And Perfect (PAP) in making the decision, so no one can accuse it of doing Wayang Pairing (WP) and slam it as Incompetent Pairing Crabs

  12. #590
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    SG and MY
    Posts
    669
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default


    Michael, u are very bold with your words.

  13. #591
    New Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    CCK
    Posts
    138
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Hi Lsmash, thanks 4 the "warning", hope I dun get midnite knocking on my door

    Jim. sori i took too long to write, so my post came out after yours. I shall let the voters (players) decide whether they prefer your TOTO method or my COMMITTEE method. However u must give assurances in abundance that players have a free choice and they will not be persecuted (politically or not) if they so decided to vote against your "policy"

  14. #592
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    jurong west
    Posts
    49
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    is this tournament open to everyone?

  15. #593
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    SG and MY
    Posts
    669
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cktiew
    Hi Lsmash, thanks 4 the "warning", hope I dun get midnite knocking on my door

    Jim. sori i took too long to write, so my post came out after yours. I shall let the voters (players) decide whether they prefer your TOTO method or my COMMITTEE method. However u must give assurances in abundance that players have a free choice and they will not be persecuted (politically or not) if they so decided to vote against your "policy"
    Ya lor, you hor...have to be abit discreet lah...even though we are in a democratic society which practises freedom of speech, but its still good to practise discretion.
    Last edited by lightsmash; 05-11-2006 at 04:05 AM.

  16. #594
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    181
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    We are definitely living in a free and democratic society, so I will let the players choose whose method they prefer, but I am sure the players are fully aware that there is always a consequence to the choices they make. Make the wrong choice and they might just have to wait a bit longer to play and the shuttles might be of a lesser quality. Because they ones who have chosen my way will have priority, so choose wisely

  17. #595
    Regular Member Notnimdab729's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    874
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Thumbs up Cck

    Hi Jimmy,
    Let suggest something,ok? Why not be Free & Easy.........Let everyone write their name on a slip and drop in the ballot box and let have an instant draw on the spot, to decide the pairing. No serial number is needed....So, guys dont worried u are being numbered or monitored!!!! Really democratic ah???? U lucky, u get BG.....if not u get JG.....Hey Big Game and Junk Game....ok!!!
    Lee
    Quote Originally Posted by theforceisback
    We are definitely living in a free and democratic society, so I will let the players choose whose method they prefer, but I am sure the players are fully aware that there is always a consequence to the choices they make. Make the wrong choice and they might just have to wait a bit longer to play and the shuttles might be of a lesser quality. Because they ones who have chosen my way will have priority, so choose wisely

Similar Threads

  1. CCK Sports Hall - Saturdays 5pm to 8pm
    By shuennms in forum Singapore
    Replies: 4995
    : 07-26-2014, 09:39 AM
  2. 17Dec11. Bedok Sports Hall. 9am-11am
    By subedjo in forum Singapore
    Replies: 3
    : 12-16-2011, 09:00 AM
  3. 18Dec2011. Bedok Sports Hall. 9am-11am
    By subedjo in forum Singapore
    Replies: 3
    : 12-14-2011, 08:48 PM
  4. Selling 5 mar clementi sports hall 9-11am
    By cesar_james12 in forum Singapore
    Replies: 0
    : 02-20-2011, 10:57 PM
  5. Replies: 6
    : 06-20-2006, 11:44 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •