User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have by now played close to 60 doubles games using the new scoring system. I am getting used to it now. In fact the two groups I regularly play with now use the new scoring system exclusively. I have to admit I steered them along this direction, which did meet with some resistance initially but everyone is on board now. Now if an old horse can learn new tricks so can all of you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by taneepak
    I have by now played close to 60 doubles games using the new scoring system. I am getting used to it now. In fact the two groups I regularly play with now use the new scoring system exclusively. I have to admit I steered them along this direction, which did meet with some resistance initially but everyone is on board now. Now if an old horse can learn new tricks so can all of you.
    hm ... im definitely gonna try this system the next time i play. surely gonna get confuse a lot but by the clips i've seen. the game seems to be going faster and there is really a pressure on making no mistakes. the choice of placements are also very conservative but effective. i'd really like to see how this play out, hope it won't pissed of players lol

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DSAS6
    hm ... im definitely gonna try this system the next time i play. surely gonna get confuse a lot but by the clips i've seen. the game seems to be going faster and there is really a pressure on making no mistakes. the choice of placements are also very conservative but effective. i'd really like to see how this play out, hope it won't pissed of players lol

edit: ok ... i would like to correct myself ... this sucks !

the match was over within 30 min ... once you're behind , there's so little chance of getting back lol

this will definitely change the way the indonesian team play. they're gonna have to attack more now ..

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i played with the new rules today and i suppose it isn't too bad... there were 5 of us and we got in loads of games... not too bad, and atleast it doesn't make the other team look too bad lol, they scored some points.... us having unforced errors

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by vienly
    i played with the new rules today and i suppose it isn't too bad... there were 5 of us and we got in loads of games... not too bad, and atleast it doesn't make the other team look too bad lol, they scored some points.... us having unforced errors
    see now that is just no good lol

"eh ... we won but we lost on errors"

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Now if an old horse can learn new tricks so can all of you.
    A new trick doesn't necessarily mean it's a good trick. I'm sticking with 15x3. Thank you come again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Loh
    For the new 21-point scoring system, deuce is at 20-20, but whichever team wins by 2 consecuitive points thereafter, e.g. 22-20 or 24-22, etc, wins the game. It need not have to go to say 29 points to win, although the score can read 29-27 for the game (ie 2 points difference).

However, if the score stands at 29-29, whichever team then first reaches 30 wins, 30 points being the maximum allowed.
    Good evening.

Just a little clarification at this stage. Having reached 20 all. it is the first side to, either, score 2 consecutive points or to reach 30 points, that wins the game.

It is important to understand that you do not have to win by 2 clear points. For example, Side A could be trailing Side B 23-24; Side A wins the next 2 points; Side A has won 2 consecutive points and therefore wins! The score is 25-24 in favour of Side A.

Happy New Scoring System and more realistically, Happy New Year,

Mr. Fault

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Fault
    Good evening.

Just a little clarification at this stage. Having reached 20 all. it is the first side to, either, score 2 consecutive points or to reach 30 points, that wins the game.

It is important to understand that you do not have to win by 2 clear points. For example, Side A could be trailing Side B 23-24; Side A wins the next 2 points; Side A has won 2 consecutive points and therefore wins! The score is 25-24 in favour of Side A.

Mr. Fault
    are you sure? i always think that you have to win by 2 clear points, ie 26-24.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kamen
    are you sure? i always think that you have to win by 2 clear points, ie 26-24.
    I think there's a little question between IBF's wording and what they mean. The former seems quite clear: "If a score becomes 20-20, the side which scores 2 consecutive points shall win that game." However, looking at scorelines that went to deuce during the World Cup, it appears that you do have to win by 2 points.

Anyone know for sure?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good evening.

Mr. Fault
    Sorry my earlier reply somehow did not show up.

No, your interpretation is incorrect. You need to win by 2 clear points unless the score is 29-29, then the team that wins the next one point to make it 30-29, wins.

Kamen is right, you have to win by 2 clear points.

This means that Side A, although it has won 2 consecutive points and now leads 25-24, it has not won yet as this is only 1 point difference. To win, Side A must score 3 consecutive points to make it 26-24 ; 27-25; 28-26 or 29-27.

Hope this clears your doubt.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good evening.

Mr. Fault
    No, I think you have misinterpreted the new rules. The 2 consecutive points should only start to count when the scores are even and when they reach at least 20-20.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No, I think you have misinterpreted the new rules. The 2 consecutive points should only start to count when the scores are even and when they reach at least 20-20.
    Slight correction here. It should read "......start to count when the scores are level and when they reach at least 20-20." The 2 consecutive points do not start from a non-level score or 20 or over.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3