User Tag List

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

huge difference. 100 USD is a lot of money when it comes to badminton strings.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i've never noticed this thread, even when i searched...hmm...but my BG68Ti that i bought from ebay a while ago seems to be fake....they're like black and the yonex word logo seems to look off...but i posted this on another "fake strins" thread, and everyone said it was legit...now i'm not so sure >_>...they're both CH and the gree on the yonex is printed, not cardboard...they're black cardboard...but my BG80s look real enough =]...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by akasanva View Post
    Thanks for answer.

I've already tried both anyway.

BG 65 and 85 at badmintondeals
    BG66 at mybadmintonstore.

Prices are very similar. Other things that looks the same:
    -Mixed colors
    -Mix of "new" package and "old" package.
    -SP on front side of package
    -small oval hologram sticker on front side
    -On all back sides:YONEX COMPANY LTD. TOKYO JAPAN. MADE IN JAPAN.

Curious things:
    Every package has a White sticker with barcode, color and color code EXCEPT those having white string (on these, it is printed directly on the package). If I remove the sticker on other colors, I can see that every package is printed with barcode and color code for white. Right or not?

On some package, there is also a rectangular hologram sticker on the back side. (Not Yonex but "Sunrise Secure").

I don't understand anything finally...

Sorry with you, you had already got fake.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For u mere mortal players in the UK,... Ebay is by far the cheapest place to buy strings.

I got 5 packs of BG70pro from Ebadmintonstore and just looked at them,.. the only problem i can find is that some of the packaging differs although they're all the same string!... the string profile picture is different and two packs and the font is noticeably thicker on a others too,... they all have a golden hologram sticker on the back.

I've just strung my beasty with these strings,... so I'll see how they stand up to 5 hours of games today... hope they're not fake,.. but in honesty i don't care... if they work,... i'll buy them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

just noticed something else,... on the back of the string pack that contains purple strings,... the package says they're meant to be white. There is also a discrepancy on the barcode... just above the barcode it will say something like 'BG70PRO' well on two packs mine do... and the other two have BG70PROCH (china?) I also have an SP (singapore?) badge on the bottom left of two packs.... .

Oh and i did a typo on my above post... i put 'u mere mortals in the UK',... meant to say 'US mere mortals....'

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

retro 10s, could you tell
    who did you buy from?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jungkung View Post
    Sorry with you, you had already got fake.

Well, it seems that "mybadmintonstore" is legit, and my BG66 are having the same strange things. So I'm still not sure they're fake or not...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ebadminton store i think they were called.

Got my racket back yesterday from re-string,... lasted about 15 minutes and then i popped a string on a serve!... went in to my stringer toda and the first thing he said was 'these strings were fake'.. any way. going back to trusty BG65 at 28lbs today.

Note to self. if something works,... why change it. 65's will always be a top TOP string.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, it seems that "mybadmintonstore" is legit, and my BG66 are having the same strange things. So I'm still not sure they're fake or not...
    MyBadmintonStore is legit. I have shopped from there before along with other other members on the forum. No worries.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Retro_10s View Post
    Ebadminton store i think they were called.

Note to self. if something works,... why change it. 65's will always be a top TOP string.
    Yours is Ebadmintonstore, mine is "mybadmintonstore".

Note to self, my car is a Top Car, but there are much better cars. And there are also cars that better fit my driving style

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

know anything about badmintondeals?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I bought from them (badmintondeals). Seems same quality and price and service than mybadmintonstore. Same strange things on string packages. Shuttles are what they're meant to be (RSL N1). Mariann is really kind and always quick answering. She ensured me they sell genuine Yonex products as they're the largest authorized Yonex seller in HK. She told me they have three self-owned stores and two franchised stores locally. About the color code on a sticker, she told me that Yonex HK said that they had problems in productions of packages...

Edit: Can we consider the 1637 (98.7%) positive comments as a proof?
    Last edited by akasanva; 04-14-2008 at 10:11 AM. Reason: Adding info

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For example, in my place:

BG80 200m Reel: 136 EUR => +-212 USD.
    On those shops (estimating a reel is 21jobs): 76EUR => +- 118USD
    BG65 200m Reel: 104EUR => +-162 USD.
    On those shops (estimating a reel is 21jobs): 57EUR => +- 89USD
    BG65 10m set: 9EUR => +-14 USD
    On those shops: +-4,39USD.

So there's a quite nice difference...
    Well,sure if u count it in reel..but if some people just wanna buy the 10m packages..like the current case,i dont think u would save so much.2ndly,u also have to take the risks if that's a fake one,unlike when u buy it directly in the store,where u can first examine n pay if u are satisfied with it.

The other way u can try is to buy it from a trust-able online store..which i believe their price would also somehow cheaper than the market price.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I bought from them (badmintondeals). Seems same quality and price and service than mybadmintonstore. Same strange things on string packages. Shuttles are what they're meant to be (RSL N1). Mariann is really kind and always quick answering. She ensured me they sell genuine Yonex products as they're the largest authorized Yonex seller in HK. She told me they have three self-owned stores and two franchised stores locally. About the color code on a sticker, she told me that Yonex HK said that they had problems in productions of packages...

Edit: Can we consider the 1637 (98.7%) positive comments as a proof?
    it's only because on one of the bags, the yonex sign is like the earlier posters...slanted Yonex...but only barely...and i am slightly biased and neurotic after hearing about all this

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Smichz View Post
    Well,sure if u count it in reel..but if some people just wanna buy the 10m packages..like the current case,i dont think u would save so much.2ndly,u also have to take the risks if that's a fake one,unlike when u buy it directly in the store,where u can first examine n pay if u are satisfied with it.

The other way u can try is to buy it from a trust-able online store..which i believe their price would also somehow cheaper than the market price.
    Not sure you understood what I wrote.

Normally Reels should be cheaper that 10m packages. But reels in Belgian shops are much more expensive than 21 X10 m packages.

Another thing is that it's almost impossible to find BG66 and BG85 in Belgium.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just to clarify,... my Fake BG70's were bought from Ebay user lynnl0304 and the shop is called PromSports.

Could some one be ever so kind and post up what features the GENUINE yonex string packs should have/should not have.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Retro_10s View Post
    Just to clarify,... my Fake BG70's were bought from Ebay user lynnl0304 and the shop is called PromSports.

Could some one be ever so kind and post up what features the GENUINE yonex string packs should have/should not have.
    i think all the stuff from promsports are fake lol, i've gotten jerseys and they're completely different from the same design ones that i've seen =P

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast