User Tag List

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Results 1 to 17 of 92
  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    22
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Angry Fake Yonex strings on eBay...Caution!!

    I am the latest victim and received some fake Yonex BG-80 strings from an eBay seller. I am very, very upset and just want to pass the word on so please buy with caution. The seller had posted a picture in his ad and the packaging had SP (Singapore) on the front but when I received them, the packaging had CH (China) on it. I've bought authentic CH strings before so not all Yonex (CH) strings are fakes. Here are the differences between real and fake:

    - Fakes have poor print on front. The YONEX print is off-centre and does not have crisp lines.
    - Picture of string composition on front is not clear and fuzzy.
    - The most obvious sign of a fake Yonex string (don't laugh too hard) not only is the print on the string hard to read, but it is printed YONEXX with two XX's!! How they screwed that up I don't know.

    Anyway, I will try to upload some pics.

    Merry Christmas and don't buy strings from this seller (come4bestprice) USA seller.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Basement Boiler Room
    Posts
    22,118
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    the problem is most ebay buyers don't appreciate that the relationship between pics in ebay and actual product can be mutually exclusive.

    1. posting pics from ebay to show us mean nothing( well, to me anyway).

    2. posting pics of actual product received has meaning


    1 is fantasy, 2 is reality
    Last edited by cooler; 12-22-2005 at 12:58 AM.

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    22
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cooler
    the problem is most ebay buyers don't appreciate that the relationship between pics in ebay and actual product can be mutually exclusive.

    1. posting pics from ebay to show us mean nothing( well, to me anyway).

    2. posting pics of actual product received has meaning


    1 is fantasy, 2 is reality
    The two above pictures are the fake Yonex BG-80 strings that I received from the eBay seller. I couldn't get a close-up pic of the YONEXX print on the string itself.

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    TW
    Posts
    3,949
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    In case people don't know, the same seller has been selling fakes stuff on eBay for more than a year. The previous seller name was andykousa99 and the current name is come4bestprice. Anyway, both names have been on my fakes seller list for a long long time.

    Make sure you check with my list before you buy anything on eBay so you don't lose money. http://www.geocities.com/bluejeff/

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Basement Boiler Room
    Posts
    22,118
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dogpile
    I am the latest victim and received some fake Yonex BG-80 strings from an eBay seller. I am very, very upset and just want to pass the word on so please buy with caution. The seller had posted a picture in his ad and the packaging had SP (Singapore) on the front but when I received them, the packaging had CH (China) on it. I've bought authentic CH strings before so not all Yonex (CH) strings are fakes. Here are the differences between real and fake:

    - Fakes have poor print on front. The YONEX print is off-centre and does not have crisp lines.
    - Picture of string composition on front is not clear and fuzzy.
    - The most obvious sign of a fake Yonex string (don't laugh too hard) not only is the print on the string hard to read, but it is printed YONEXX with two XX's!! How they screwed that up I don't know.

    Anyway, I will try to upload some pics.

    Merry Christmas and don't buy strings from this seller (come4bestprice) USA seller.
    dun think they screwed up.
    yonexx is purposely done that way.

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    22
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bluejeff
    In case people don't know, the same seller has been selling fakes stuff on eBay for more than a year. The previous seller name was andykousa99 and the current name is come4bestprice. Anyway, both names have been on my fakes seller list for a long long time.

    Make sure you check with my list before you buy anything on eBay so you don't lose money. http://www.geocities.com/bluejeff/
    bluejeff.

    Thanks for the heads-up. I did review your list before buying. I knew his Yonex bags were fake but didn't think that the strings were also

    Oh well...live and learn

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    TW
    Posts
    3,949
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dogpile
    bluejeff.

    Thanks for the heads-up. I did review your list before buying. I knew his Yonex bags were fake but didn't think that the strings were also

    Oh well...live and learn
    eBay 101: Don't buy when the prices are way too good.
    eBay 102: If a seller sells fake stuff, his/her other stuff are most likely fakes as well. (One of the biggest reasons that people sell fakes is because it gives them better profits than originals)


  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    OCBC, SGVBC
    Posts
    29
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    so all the real yonex string have yonexx on the string ? I never notice that....better go check my bag.....

  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    38
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    But how about the actual string how does that do compared to real one?

  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    OCBC, SGVBC
    Posts
    29
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    my strings only have yonex on it instead of yonexx......and I'm almost 100% sure they are not fakes, US version from local shop...

  11. #11
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    vancouver, canada
    Posts
    525
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    mind showing us your "fake" string that you get from the ebay seller?

    from those pix... aren't they real?

  12. #12
    Regular Member ants's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Malaysian Citizen of the World
    Posts
    13,157
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Most likely indian made.

  13. #13
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    22
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hydrocyanic
    mind showing us your "fake" string that you get from the ebay seller?

    from those pix... aren't they real?
    The pictures above are the fake BG-80 strings received from the eBay seller. It looked authentic at first glance until I looked closer.

    - Notice the uneven lines on the YONEX print on the right side of the "O" and the "N" (lines are not flush).
    - Also, the green coloured strip on the YY YONEX label, authentic YONEX should be clear plastic (cardboard underneath is green coloured). The fake has green coloured print.

    Hope this helps.

  14. #14
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    22
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tuokki
    But how about the actual string how does that do compared to real one?
    I'm not sure if I even want to try playing with fake strings and waste money stringing the racquet only to find out that after one swing, it SNAPS...due to poor workmanship, inferior design and materials used in making these strings. Anyway, I'm trying to get my money back from this seller.

  15. #15
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    22
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by player x
    my strings only have yonex on it instead of yonexx......and I'm almost 100% sure they are not fakes, US version from local shop...
    This is my first experience with fake Yonex strings and these were my observations. The YONEXX (XX) print on these strings is one indication. There are probably other fake strings without the two XX's. Yours are most likely authentic so don't worry. Just to be safe, I'm not going to buy any more CH (China) labeled packaged strings.

  16. #16
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    vancouver, canada
    Posts
    525
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dogpile
    The pictures above are the fake BG-80 strings received from the eBay seller. It looked authentic at first glance until I looked closer.

    - Notice the uneven lines on the YONEX print on the right side of the "O" and the "N" (lines are not flush).
    - Also, the green coloured strip on the YY YONEX label, authentic YONEX should be clear plastic (cardboard underneath is green coloured). The fake has green coloured print.

    Hope this helps.
    green color strip on my SP and JP strings are not clear plastic though
    both are green print

    i dont quite understand your first line

    my cardboard is black too

    sorry

  17. #17
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Cambridge, UK
    Posts
    1,543
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hydrocyanic
    green color strip on my SP and JP strings are not clear plastic though
    both are green print

    i dont quite understand your first line

    my cardboard is black too

    sorry
    same here...there isn't a clear "window", the cardboard is black anyway.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Ebay Yonex Bag 9624 (Fake ?)
    By Gungirl526 in forum Badminton Bag
    Replies: 18
    : 08-06-2013, 12:45 AM
  2. Yonex grips on Ebay-Real or Fake?
    By chenchen in forum Grip
    Replies: 4
    : 03-24-2009, 12:13 PM
  3. Replies: 26
    : 08-20-2008, 04:54 PM
  4. Caution. Ebay Seller : ebadmintonusa
    By yzzuc in forum Market Place
    Replies: 8
    : 10-30-2006, 11:20 AM
  5. ebay ns8000 on ebay is it fake?
    By rahul in forum Market Place
    Replies: 10
    : 03-08-2006, 05:31 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •