User Tag List

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

was just about to buy some from promsports , glad i check here first. i decided to grab some from eric at rkep(squashstore) seems to have a good reputation here for grips and rackets and his prices seem to be pretty good.

cory

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The biggest give away the BG80 strings at the start were fake there was the rubbish print on the 80 from BG 80.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't in anyway condone fake goods, but would be interesting to see how they actually perform against the real mccoy. Anyone tried them?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

R20190 = yeah, I just tried it...the feels are worst than original one..so I decided to cut away and replace with genuine BG66 UM.
    After that, I learned some advice from a Yonex salesman about differences of genuine and fake one.. I won't be fooled again..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd like to reiterate some of the concerns for fake strings on eBay. If it is too good to be true, it likely is.

Avoid Silverprophet47. I recently strung my rackets with the Yonex Nanogy 95 on 2 rackets here at Tad's in Vancouver. Feedback on both sets of strings were that there were serious concerns of their authenticity.

GRRRR! Now I get all the fun dealing with the seller... will provide update as it comes...

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok I think I've just strung with some fake strings I bought on ebay about 9 months ago. I thought it's probably worth posting a few things I've noticed with them so others can take note and build a thread of people's findings.

First thing is that the packaging is exactly the same as a genuine set, not like the original poster's photos, the yonex logo and print is very good and the strings look the same and doesn't have the YONEXX print. So basically it's no difference in appearance that I can see.

Pre-strung the racquet and started to tension. First thing I noticed was that my clamp didn't grip it very well. It slipped through the clamp as I strung the mains - which doesn't normally happen. Second thing is the fingers of the clamp left imprints on the string quite easily, i.e. it seemed to squash a lot easier.

But the reason that I think they are fake is that when I tried to tension the mains at only 24.5lb they snapped before I reached the tension, probably at around 22-23lb or so. This has never happened before and I always take care of my strings when stringing, making sure not to graze the string.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've strung 3 rackets last week for one of my badminton playmate with his self provided NBG 98. Two findings, 1) like what R20190 said it slipped on my Wise 2086 that never happened before. I have to insert a card to help me finish the jobs. 2) I normally use 8.3-8.5m of string per racket cut from the reel and usually I have 8-10cm left on each end for 1 piece stringing, with package I used to cut 1.5m before I started. I did the same thing for these 3 packages and funny enough the left over strings is more than 0.5m each end. So disregard the package, the look of the string I can affirmatively certify that they are FAKE. And yes they are from Ebay the guy told me he paid roughly 8 bucks each.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6