User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default recommendations anyone?

I have a friend who's not serious about playing the sport, but loves to play it as a leisure sport. He has the urge for ultimate power, so trying to convince him the "proper" way of playing badminton is useless since all he wants out of badminton is knowing he has a superior smash. The problem he has right now is trying to figure out what would people consider the most powerful racquet to be, which can help generate the most power. He says he is willing to work on his arm, forearm muscles along the way, while learning to adapt to the racquet, so stiffness/head heaviness is not a problem for him I guess.

I know I'll probably get lectured that badminton isn't all about the most powerful smash cause I know someone's gonna say it..lol...but someone try telling that to my friend since all he wants is power. I'm just letting it be and just trying to help him find a racquet that suits his needs.
    Last edited by xfcukx; 12-28-2005 at 11:20 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by xfcukx
    I have a friend who's not serious about playing the sport, but loves to play it as a leisure sport. He has the urge for ultimate power, so trying to convince him the "proper" way of playing badminton is useless since all he wants out of badminton is knowing he has a superior smash. The problem he has right now is trying to figure out what would people consider the most powerful racquet to be, which can help generate the most power. He says he is willing to work on his arm, forearm muscles along the way, while learning to adapt to the racquet, so stiffness/head heaviness is not a problem for him I guess.

I know I'll probably get lectured that badminton isn't all about the most powerful smash cause I know someone's gonna say it..lol...but someone try telling that to my friend since all he wants is power. I'm just letting it be and just trying to help him find a racquet that suits his needs.
    Try 2U Ti-10 or the sotx Woven 11.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it seems that ti10 is a bit more flexible on its shaft comparing to mp100. if his arm and wrist are really strong enough. i would recommend him a mp100 or an at700.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by red00ecstrat
    it seems that ti10 is a bit more flexible on its shaft comparing to mp100. if his arm and wrist are really strong enough. i would recommend him a mp100 or an at700.
    yeah, heres the thing...from previous experience, he's used a cab8400 strung with bg65s and he says he can generate a lot of power from it without forcefully swinging. He then tries a cab20 muscle strung with bg66s which is more heavy and stiff. He can generate some power out if it, but seems to generate more power off the cab8400.....cab8400 is pretty flexible...which means armpower isnt the biggest factor, but he says he wants the "most powerful" racquet....

from my understand, he generates more power from a flex racquet then a stiffer racquet, so a more stiffer racquet isnt gonna help him although thats what he wants

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

from my understand, he generates more power from a flex racquet then a stiffer racquet, so a more stiffer racquet isnt gonna help him although thats what he wants
    that's correct.
    then maybe he will love mp88 (a medium flex shaft with head heavy balance features.)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

that's correct.
    then maybe he will love mp88 (a medium flex shaft with head heavy balance features.)
    a mp88 would probably suit him, but from what HE wants, and he's a little stubborn on this subject, the most powerful. He likes to think of it as him adapting to a racquet instead of finding a racquet that suits his style and feel.

So i guess we're back to the first part of your post, mp100 or at700..lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

rsl millenium 5 ti 66 (3u, g4 , stiff ) . i havent tried at700 , planning to get it soon.
    my opinion , if ur friend can generate more power on a flex racket compared to a stiff racket , this means that his arm isnt powerful enough , not up to where a stiff racket can outperform a flex racket.
    but then a flexible racket isnt very ultimate for smash , try a stiff racket and see how it goes , at700 ti10's are all very stiff rackets.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

a mp88 would probably suit him, but from what HE wants, and he's a little stubborn on this subject, the most powerful. He likes to think of it as him adapting to a racquet instead of finding a racquet that suits his style and feel.

So i guess we're back to the first part of your post, mp100 or at700..lol
    hehe ....one more recommendation.
    just tell him to keep his racket but get it strung 3 more lbs than his usual! i m sure he will know he isn't that strong that way!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lex1437
    rsl millenium 5 ti 66 (3u, g4 , stiff ) . i havent tried at700 , planning to get it soon.
    my opinion , if ur friend can generate more power on a flex racket compared to a stiff racket , this means that his arm isnt powerful enough , not up to where a stiff racket can outperform a flex racket.
    but then a flexible racket isnt very ultimate for smash , try a stiff racket and see how it goes , at700 ti10's are all very stiff rackets.
    yep, thats what i have in mind....either at700/mp100/at800off/ti10...and thats just Yonex racquets which he wants to stick with....if he looking for most powerful i would say racquets which are extra stiff and probably head heavy..even though i highly doubt he'll be able to use it, he says he'll learn to adapt....

...in the end i'll just be the one to tell him, i told you so...once he finds out he cant use any of them...but it's his decision so i'll let him be
    Last edited by xfcukx; 12-29-2005 at 01:16 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hehe ....one more recommendation.
    just tell him to keep his racket but get it strung 3 more lbs than his usual! i m sure he will know he isn't that strong that way!
    i could do that, but he'll just blame the racquet saying cab20ms isnt a racquet for him to use that gives him ultimate power....lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i could do that, but he'll just blame the racquet saying cab20ms isnt a racquet for him to use that gives him ultimate power....lol
    then there's nothing we can do! buy him an at700 and kindly let him down! lol............

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

get him at700, return all his smashes and beat him with his old racket (w/smashes)

maybe he will learn something?...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

its been done...lol...nah im kidding but yeah ...lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can recommend a Ti-10 or AT700 strung with BG65Ti at 33 pounds. Then stick 15 grams of lead tape on top the racket head. I can gurantee this racket will give your friend super human smashing abilities if he has what it takes. Does your friend feel lucky, punk ?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your friend is an oxymoron. You said he's not serious about the game but yet he will work out to get a powerful smash. That doesn't make any sense and leads me to believe otherwise; that he's serious, at least about he smashing part of the game.

To find the right racket depends on how the person plays. If he's stronger, get the stiffest, most endloaded racket possible. If he's weaker, then get a flexible racket.

Best to let him try to find out, since he's willing to workout to get the strongest possible smash, let him try all the difference rackets.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

give him a badminton training racket itll really work his muscles out

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

aluminum rackets have a stiff shaft dont they? its cheap, super stiff, and super heavy.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast