Badminton Shuttlecock Launcher Market

Discussion in 'Shuttlecock' started by DesignStudentRo, Dec 29, 2005.

1. DesignStudentRo

DesignStudentRo New Member

Hi Everybody,
    I'm a final year student currently studying in England. As part of my course it was required for me to undertake a design project. For this project i decided to design a system for lauching shuttlecocks at several different angles, speeds etc.

For part of the project it is required that i conduct market research and also to gain different views from different members of the badminton community. Therefore any ideas on how to create such a machine, any information on existing products, any outlines of wants or needs from/for the machine would be very helpful.

Any relevant information would also be greatly recieve.

Cheers

2. Azwok

Azwok Regular Member

Student
    Theres already a machine like this out, very expensive, not many people have it as its normally eaisier to find a practice partner instead, do a search on "shuttlecock launcher" and im sure you'll find it, there was a thread a while back.

Best of luck on the project.

Azwok.

3. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
  4. bluejeff

bluejeff Regular Member

Developer
    AFAIK, the machines are so expensive that can buy a car! :eek:

If there is a small & portable machine can be invented, I am sure I will get one :) (it will be hard as shuttle shape is hard to "shoot out" with small machine)

5. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    Personally, I don't think this type of machine will get a big market to survive:

1. The shuttle launcher is harder to be kept running than tennis ball launcher due to the jamming.

2. Most badminton crowd are from 3rd world nations, means a training partner (or even a licensed coach) is much cheaper than a machine.

3. Way too expensive for 99.9% players or even coaches to purchase and keep.

6. smash_master

smash_master Regular Member

player/coach/student
    I'm not sure if your fimilar with the show "pimp my ride" which was on MTV well Xzibit actually made a shuttlecock launcher for a guy and put it in his car, heres the link to it (It shows it at the beginning) just scroll down until you see
    Ready Your Shuttlecock!
    Xzibit challenges Tin to a game of badminton. http://www.mtv.com/onair/dyn/pimp_my_ride/videos.jhtml?p=61&q=20&channelID=1&seriesID=12657

Anyways just something i thought you might want to see and good luck with your own project.

7. jerby

jerby Regular Member

the differenc eis that one has a capacity one 1. 1 speed, 1 angle, 1 distance....

8. smash_master

smash_master Regular Member

player/coach/student
    that may be true but its still a launcher, if you compare it to some of the other ones on the market it would cost alot less to build and buy (maby not as good but still cheaper) but DesignStudentRo might be able to get an idea or something on how to make one that fires different speeds, angles and distances. Just thought i would show it, it was on the forums a while ago...oh well.

9. jerby

jerby Regular Member

yeah..i saw that episode....

soembody should have stuffed that toy'r us racket and shuttlecock up X-ibit's @$$

10. Sudda

Sudda Regular Member

Student
  11. OTFK

OTFK Regular Member

engineer