Food before a big game

Discussion in 'Techniques / Training' started by Andrew, Apr 2, 2002.

1. Andrew

Andrew Guest

G'day all,

Just wondered what people eat before a big game. I usually have either pasta or rice or whatever but I find that in the first 10min of the game I will be too full to run around! So lately I have instead begin eating light cereals with a cup of coffee - ie - breakfast food. I find that coffee has a great effect of giving myself a bit of an "edge" as it allows me to stay more alert, but sometimes at expense of control as I get bit agitated and rush shots.....

What does everyone else eat?

Andrew

2. trapped-never

trapped-never Regular Member

telecommunication engineer
    I eat muesli with milk and drink coffee. During tournaments I eat muesli bars and drink mineral water.

3. jenny

jenny Guest

Before a tournament I eat pasta and fruits and I drink a lot of water. This helps me not to be tired during the game(and after the game -it helps me to recover) and it´s the carbohydrates which is the mainthing. No proteins before and during a competition. It´s not good to eat proteins before a competition because the food might not digest so easy. And it´s important for me to drink a lot of water before, during and after the game- fluid balance is important.
    I would give u guys a good advice: don´t drink coffee on a tournamentday, It´s not good because you might get some problems with your stomach and caffeine is doping if you have too much of it in you. And do not use caffeine tablets because then you will definetly be caught of using doping! I write this just that you know that it´s a little bit risky! I know that at least one badmintonplayer has been caught of caffeine...

4. Ricky

Ricky Regular Member

IT
    This is an excellent article related to this topic (may be Adel can help to provide an English translation, :), or you may try using the translation function in Altavista).

תÌû, ·¢±íÓÚ 2002-02-28.09:42:53 http://www.chinabadminton.com

"
    Ö÷Ìâ: ÓëÔ˶¯Ô±¡¢½¡ÉíÕß̸ÒûʳӪÑø

¡¡¡¡´ÓÍùÊÂ̸Æð¡­¡­
    ¡¡¡¡
    ¡¡¡¡¹úÈËÄê¼ÍÉÔ´óµÄ¿ÉÄܶ¼»¹¼ÇµÃ£ºÈÕ±¾Í¶½µºó£¬ÎÒ¹úÔÚÉϺ£¾Ù°ìÁË¡°È«Ô˻ᡱ£¬¿Õ¾ü´ú±í¶ÓµÄÓÚÏ£à°ÏÈÉú³ö¾¡ÁË·çÍ·£¬ÄÃÁ˺ü¸¿é½ðÅÆ¡£µ½Ì¨Íåºó£¬»¹³£¼ûËûÔÚÔ˶¯³¡ÉÏÁçÑò°ã½¡²½Èç·É¡£¿ÉÊǺóÀ´²»ÐÐÁË£¬²Å53Ëê¾ÍËÀÈ¥¡£¾Ý˵ÊÇ»¼¸Î²¡£¬¶ø¸Î²¡Ö®ÒòÓëÓªÑø²»Á¼ÓÐÒ»¶¨µÄ¹Øϵ¡£»¹ÓÐ30Äê´úµÄ¡°È«¹ú¹úÊõ¹Ú¾ü¡±£¨¼´ÎäÊõ£©ÕÅÓ¢½¡ÏÈÉú£¬É½¶«×³ºº£¬ÔŲ́±±´ó½ÖÉϼûÆ߰˸öСÁ÷Ã¥ÆÛ¸ºÈË£¬Ëû¶À×ÔÉÏÇ°£¬°ÑËûÃÇÐÞÀíµÃ¶«µ¹Î÷Íᣬƨ¹öÄòÁ÷¡£¾ÍÊÇÕâλ±ÈÒ°Å£»¹½áʵµÄ¹Ú¾ü£¬²»µ½60Ëê¾Íµ¹ÏÂÁË£¬Ô­ÒòÒ²ÊÇÓªÑøÎÊÌâ¡£ÄÇʱ£¬Ì¨ÍåÕæÇ¿Õ¾ü¡¢¹Ú¾üËãÊÇ¡°ÌìÖ®½¾×Ó¡±ÁË£¬ÉÐÇÒ±£Ö¤²»ÁËÓªÑø£¬Ò»°ãƽÃñ°ÙÐվ͸ü¿à¡£ÓÐÈË˵¼¸ºõµ½Á˳ÔÏ㽶ƤµÄ¾½¾³¡­¡­
    ¡¡¡¡
    ¡¡¡¡ÊÂʵÉÏ£¬ÉúÃüµÄ»ù´¡Ê×ÏÈÔÚÓÚÓªÑø¡£ÈËÈç¹û²»³ÔʳÎï¾ÍºÃÏñÆû³µÃ»ÓÐÆûÓÍ£¬ÔõôÄÜÔ˶¯£¿Ò»¸ö3£­4¹«½ïµÄÓ¤¶ù³¤³É50¹«½ï×óÓҵijÉÈË£¬È«¿¿Ê³ÎïÖÐÌṩµÄ50¶àÖÖÓªÑøËØ×éºÏ¶ø³É¡£ÎÒÔÞ³ÉÕâÑùµÄ˵·¨£º¡°Äã¼´ÄãËùʳ¡£¡±Ã¿¸öÈ˺ÁÎÞÀýÍⶼÊÇͨ¹ý×Ô¼ºÒ»¿ÚÒ»¿ÚµØ³Ô£¬ÔÚËÜÔì²¢ÔÚÓ°Ïì×Å×Ô¼ºµÄÉúÃüÓ뽡¿µ¡£

¡¡¡¡ÈËÌåÔÚÒ»¶¨³Ì¶ÈÉÏ¿ÉÒÔ˵ÊÇÉãȡʳÎïµÄ²úÎï¡£ËüÎüÊÕʳÎïÖеķÖ×ÓºÍÔ­×Ó£¬ÓÃÀ´½¨ÔìÈËÌå¸÷ÖÖϸ°û¡¢×éÖ¯ºÍÆ÷¹Ù£¬²¢Î¬³ÖÆä»î¶¯¡£Òò´Ë£¬ÔÚÎÒÃǵÄÈÕ³£ÒûʳÖÐÓ¦µ±º¬Óи÷ÖÖ±ØÒªµÄ½¨Öþ²ÄÁÏ£¬ÕâÊǼ«ÎªÖØÒªµÄ¡£
    ¡¡¡¡
    ¡¡¡¡Ê³ÎïÒ²ÊÇÈËÌåÕâÉúÎï»úÆ÷µÄȼÁÏ¡£ÈËÃÇÉãÈ¡º¬ÄÜÁ¿µÄʳÎ½èÖúÓÚÎüÈëµÄÑõÆøʹÆäÔÚϸ°ûÄÚÑõ»¯¡£ÓÉÓÚʳÎïÑõ»¯µÄ½á¹û£¬±ãÊͷųöËù±ØÐèµÄÄÜÁ¿£¬ÒÔά³ÖÈËÃǵÄÉú´æºÍÍê³É¸÷Öֻ¡£ËùÒÔ£¬ÓªÑøÔÚÔ˶¯ÖÐÆð×ÅÏ൱ÖØÒªµÄ×÷Óá£
    ¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡
    ¡¡¡¡Ì¼Ë®»¯ºÏÎïÊÇÔ˶¯ÈËÌåµÄÄÜÔ´ÎïÖÊ
    ¡¡¡¡
    ¡¡¡¡Ô˶¯ÑµÁ·ÐèÒªÄÜÁ¿¡£¸øÈËÌ幩ӦÄÜÁ¿µÄÈý´óÓªÑøËØΪ̼ˮ»¯ºÏÎï¡¢Ö¬·¾ºÍµ°°×ÖÊ£¬ÆäÖÐ×îÖØÒªµÄÊÇ̼ˮ»¯ºÏÎï¡£²»Í¬µÄʳÎïÖÐ̼ˮ»¯ºÏÎﺬÁ¿²»µÈ£¬µí·ÛÀàʳÎﺬÁ¿¸ß£¬×îÖ÷ÒªµÄÊÇÒÔ´óÃס¢Ãæ·Û¡¢ºìÊí¡¢ÍÁ¶¹µÈΪԭÁϵÄʳÎï¡£ÕâЩԭÁÏÖеÄ̼ˮ»¯ºÏÎïµÄƽ¾ùº¬Á¿ÔÚ70£¥×óÓÒ¡£ÈâÀàʳÎïÖÐ̼ˮ»¯ºÏÎﺬÁ¿ÉÙ¡£¸ù¾ÝÒûʳºóÒýÆðµÄѪÌǺ¬Á¿Ôö¼ÓµÄËٶȺͷù¶È£¬¿É½«Ê³£¨Òû£©Æ··ÖΪ¸ß¡¢ÖС¢µÍѪÌÇÖ¸ÊýÈýÀà¡£¸ßѪÌÇÖ¸ÊýµÄʳ£¨Òû£©Æ·ÓУºÃæ°ü¡¢ÂøÍ·¡¢Ã×·¹¡¢ÓñÃ×Ƭ£¨¸þ£©¡¢Ï㽶¡¢ÇÉ¿ËÁ¦ÄÜÁ¿°ô¡¢Ö󣨿¾£©ÍÁ¶¹¡¢·äÃÛ¡¢ÆÏÌÑÌÇÒº¡¢ÕáÌÇÒº¡¢µÍ¾ÛÂóÑ¿Ìǵȣ»ÊÊÖеÄÓУºÃæÌõ¡¢ÂóƬÖà¡¢ÍÁ¶¹Ìõ¡¢ºìÊí¡¢ÆÏÌÑ£¨Ö­£©¡¢³È£¨Ö­£©µÈ£»µÍѪÌÇÖ¸ÊýµÄÓУº¹ûÌÇ¡¢±ù¼¤Á衢ţÄÌ¡¢ËáÄ̼°Î÷ºìÊÁÌÀµÈ¡£Ì¼Ë®»¯ºÏÎÌÇ£©×÷ΪÄÜÔ´ÎïÖÊÓÐÒÔÏÂÓŵ㣺
    ¡¡¡¡
    ¡¡¡¡1£®ÎÞÂÛÔÚÔ˶¯¼¡È⹩Ñõ³ä×ã»òÔ˶¯Á¿´ó¼¡È⹩ÑõÏà¶Ô²»×ãʱ£¬¶¼¿ÉÒÔ´óÁ¿·Ö½â¹©ÄÜ£¬²úÉúÄÜÁ¿Ñ¸ËÙ£»
    ¡¡¡¡
    ¡¡¡¡2£®ÏûºÄͬµÈÁ¿ÑõËù²úÉúµÄÄÜÁ¿Òª¸ßÓÚÖ¬·¾£»
    ¡¡¡¡
    ¡¡¡¡3£®ËüÍêÈ«Ñõ»¯·Ö½âµÄ²úÎïÊÇÈéËᣬ¿É¹©»úÌåÔٺϳÉÌÇÔª»òÖØб»Ñõ»¯¡£
    ¡¡¡¡
    ¡¡¡¡Ô˶¯Ô±ÓÈÆäÊÇ´óÔ˶¯Á¿£¨ÑǼ«Á¿£©ÑµÁ·»ò±ÈÈü¼°ÄÍÁ¦ÏîÄ¿µÄÔ˶¯Ô±¶ÔÄÜÁ¿µÄÐèÒªÔö¼Ó£¬Òò¶ø¶Ô̼ˮ»¯ºÏÎïµÄÐèÒªÒ²Ôö¼Ó¡£¹úÍâÔ˶¯ÓªÑøѧ¼ÒÍƼöÔÚÉÏÊöÇé¿öÏ£¬Ã¿Ìì̼ˮ»¯ºÏÎïµÄÉãÈëӦΪ8-10¿Ë/¹«½ïÌåÖØ£¬Õ¼×ÜÄÜÁ¿µÄ60-70£¥¡£70¹«½ïµÄÔ˶¯Ô±Ã¿ÌìÐèÒª560-700¿Ë£¬ÕâÏ൱ÓÚ0.7¹«½ï´óÃ×»ò±ê×¼Ãæ·Û×ö³ÉµÄ·¹»òÃæµã¡£
    ¡¡¡¡
    ¡¡¡¡»ùÓÚÉÏÊö£¬Ô˶¯Ô±ºÏÀíÑ¡ÔñʳÎÊÇÔö¼ÓÔ˶¯Ç°ÌåÄÚÌÇÔª´¢´æµÄ×îÓÐЧÊֶΣ¬Èçƽʱ¶à³Ôº¬Ì¼Ë®»¯ºÏÎï¸ßµÄʳÎÃæʳ¡¢Ã×·¹¡¢ÍÁ¶¹¡¢ºìÊí¡£±ÈÈüÇ°4-7Ìì½øÐÐÌÇÌî³ä£¨¾ßÌå·½·¨ÊÓÈü³Ì¶ø¶¨£©¡£ÁíÍ⣬Ô˶¯Ç°¡¢ÖС¢ºó²¹³äÌÇÒ²ÊÇÔö¼ÓÔ˶¯Ç°¼¡ÈâÌÇÔªº¬Á¿¡¢²¹³äÔ˶¯ÖÐÏûºÄÌÇÔªµÄÖØÒª·½·¨¡£
    ¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡
    ¡¡¡¡µ°°×ÖÊÊÇÔ˶¯ÈËÌåµÄ½¨Öþ²ÄÁÏ
    ¡¡¡¡
    ¡¡¡¡¸ßµ°°×ʳÎïÏ൱ÓÚÈËÌå×éÖ¯µÄ½¨Öþ²ÄÁÏ¡£µ°°×ÖÊÊÇÈËÌåÉú³¤¡¢·¢Óý¹ý³ÌÖн¨ÔìÐÂϸ°ûºÍÐÂ×éÖ¯²»¿ÉȱÉٵģ¬²¢ÓÃÀ´È¡´úÒ»²¿·ÖÒò²»¶ÏÊÜÆÆ»µ¶øË¥ÀϵÄϸ°û¡£Òò±¾ÉíµÄ°±»ùËá½á¹¹²»Í¬£¬µ°°×ÖʵÄÖÖÀàºÜ¶à£¬Ö²ÎïÐÔµ°°×ºÍ¶¯ÎïÐÔµ°°×ÊDz»Ò»ÑùµÄ¡£ÈËÌå×éÖ¯ÐèÒªÉãÈëijЩ°±»ùËᣬȱÉÙÕâЩ°±»ùËᣬÈ˾Ͳ»ÄÜÉú´æ¡£ÒòΪÈËÌå²»ÄܺϳÉÕâЩ°±»ùËᣬÈËÃdzÆ֮Ϊ±ØÐè°±»ùËá¡£ÇÝÈâÀà¡¢Óã¡¢µ°¡¢Å£Ä̺͸ÉÀÒËùº¬µÄµ°°×ÖÊÖоßÓÐÊʵ±³É·ÖµÄ±ØÐè°±»ùËá¡£ÕâÀàʳÎïÊÇ×îÊʺϵĵ°°×ÖÊÀ´Ô´ ¡£
    ¡¡¡¡
    ¡¡¡¡³ÉÄêÈËÿ¹«½ïÌåÖØÒ»Ìì´óÔ¼ÐèÒª1¿ËÊʵ±³É·ÖµÄµ°°×ÖÊ¡£Ò»¸ö³ÉÄêÈËÒ»ÌìµÄµ°°×ÖÊÐèÒªÁ¿Ï൱ÓÚ70¿Ë¡£Ô˶¯Ô±ÔÚ´óÇ¿¶ÈѵÁ·Æڼ䣬ÌرðÊÇÁ¦Á¿ÑµÁ·Æڼ䣬µ°°×ÖÊÐèÒªÁ¿Ó¦ÉÔ¸ßЩ¡£È»¶ø£¬Æù½ñΪֹ¸÷ÏîÄ¿µÄÔ˶¯Ô±ÔÚѵÁ·Ê±£¬µ°°×ÖʵÄÈ·ÇÐÐèÒªÁ¿»¹Ã»Óо­¹ý´úлƽºâµÄ¿ÆѧʵÑé¶øÈ·¶¨ÏÂÀ´¡£¾ÝÁªºÏ¹úÁ¸Å©ºÍÊÀ½çÎÀÉú×éÖ¯µÄ½¨Ò飺½¡¿µµÄÄêÇáÈË£¬Ã¿Ì졢ÿ¹«½ïÌåÖØÉãÈ¡0.57¿Ëµ°À൰°×Öʼ´¿Éά³ÖµªÆ½ºâ¡£È»¶ø£¬ÔÚÉãÈëÕâÒ»ÊýÁ¿µ°°×ÖʵÄͬʱ£¬ÐèÒªÉãÈ¡±È½Ï¸ßµÄÄÜÁ¿¡£
    ¡¡¡¡
    ¡¡¡¡ÈçÉÏËùÊö£¬µ°°×ÖÊÊǹ¹³ÉÈËÌå½á¹¹µÄ»ù±¾³É·Ö¡£´óÔ˶¯Á¿ÑµÁ·¿ÉÒÔÒýÆðÌåÄڵĸºµªÆ½ºâºÍÔ˶¯ÐÔƶѪ¡£ÓÐÈ˱¨¸æ¹©¸øÔ˶¯Ô±2¿Ë/¹«½ïÌåÖØÒÔÉϵ°°×ÖÊ£¬¿ÉÒÔÔ¤·ÀÔ˶¯ÐÔƶѪ¡£ÒàÓÐÈ˱¨¸æÔڲμӼ¯ÑµµÄÌå²ÙÔ˶¯Ô±ÖУ¬Ã¿ÌìÉãÈ¡µ°°×ÖÊ1.8¿Ë/¹«½ïÌåÖØ£¬ËüµÄÈÈÁ¿Ô¼Õ¼Ê³Îï×ÜÈÈÁ¿µÄ13£¥£¬²¢ÇÒʳÎïÖе°°×ÖʵÄ2/3ΪÓÅÖʵ°°×ÖÊʱ£¬Ô˶¯Ô±µÄѪºìµ°°×¡¢Ñª½¬µ°°×£¬ÒÔ¼°µªÆ½ºâ¾ùÄܱ£³ÖÔÚÁ¼ºÃµÄˮƽ¡£¶ùͯÉÙÄêÔ˶¯Ô±µ°°×ÖÊÐèÒªÁ¿£¬°´µ¥Î»ÌåÖؼÆË㣬±È³ÉÄêÈ˸ߣ¬ÀýÈç9-11ËêµÄÌå²ÙÔ˶¯Ô±£¬ÒµÓàѵÁ·Ê±µÄµ°°×ÖÊÉãÈ¡Á¿Îª3¿Ë/¹«½ïÌåÖØ£¬·½¿ÉÂú×ãÕýµªÆ½ºâµÄÐèÒª¡£
    ¡¡¡¡
    ¡¡¡¡Ô˶¯Ô±µÄÓªÑøÌõ¼þ²»±äʱ£¬Èç¼Ó´óÔ˶¯Á¿ÑµÁ·£¬½«³öÏÖѪºìµ°°×º¬Á¿Ï½µ£¬ÄòµªÅųöÁ¿ÏÔÖøÔö¼Ó£¬²¢·¢Éú¸ºµªÆ½ºâ¡£Èç´óÔ˶¯Á¿ÑµÁ·µÄͬʱ£¬Ôö¼Óµ°°×ÖÊÓªÑø£¬ÔòÓÐÀûÓÚ±£³ÖÉíÌåµÄѪºìµ°°×ˮƽ£¬Ô¤·ÀÔ˶¯ÐÔƶѪµÄ·¢Éú¡£ËùÒÔ£¬Éú³¤·¢ÓýÆÚµÄÔ˶¯Ô±£¬ÔڲμӼ¯ÑµµÄ³õÆÚÈç³öÏÖÌåÖؼõÇᣬ»ò¼Ó´óÔ˶¯Á¿ÑµÁ·Ê±£¬¾ùÓ¦Êʵ±Ôö¼ÓʳÎïµ°°×ÖʵÄÁ¿¡£
    ¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡
    ¡¡¡¡Ô˶¯Ôö¼ÓάÉúËصÄÐèÒªÁ¿
    ¡¡¡¡
    ¡¡¡¡½øÐÐÌåÓýÔ˶¯Ê±£¬ÌåÄÚÎïÖÊ´úл¹ý³Ì¼ÓÇ¿£¬¶ÔάÉúËصÄÐèÒªÁ¿Ôö¼Ó¡£¾çÁÒÔ˶¯¿É¼ÓËÙάÉúËØȱ·¦Ö¢µÄ·¢Éú¡£Ô˶¯Ô±¶ÔάÉúËصÄÐèÒªÁ¿ÓëÔ˶¯Á¿£¬ÒÔ¼°±¾ÈËÔ­À´µÄ¹¦ÄÜÓëÓªÑø×´¿öÓйء£Ô˶¯Ô±ÌåÄÚάÉúËØȱ·¦µÄÔçÆÚ±íÏÖ³£ÊÇÔ˶¯ÄÜÁ¦µÄϽµ£¬¿¹²¡ÄÜÁ¦¼õÈõÒÔ¼°ÈÝÒ×Æ£ÀÍ£¬´Ëʱ²¹³äάÉúËØ£¬¿ÉÈ¡µÃ¸ÄÉƹ¦ÄܵÄЧ¹û¡£µ«ÓªÑø×´¿öÁ¼ºÃÕߣ¬ÔòÎãÐèÔÙ¶îÍâ²¹³äάÉúËØ£¬ÓÈÆäÊǹý¶àÉãÈëijһÖÖάÉúËØ£¬·´¿ÉÔì³ÉÌåÄÚһЩӪÑøËØÖ®¼äµÄ²»Æ½ºâ£¬Ä³Ð©Ö¬ÈÜÐÔάÉúËØÔÚÌåÄÚÐî»ý£¬»¹¿ÉÒýÆðÖж¾¡£
    ¡¡¡¡
    ¡¡¡¡Ô˶¯Ô±³£²¹³äµÄάÉúËØÖ÷ÒªÓÐάÉúËØB1¡¢Î¬ÉúËØB2¡¢Î¬ÉúËØB6£¬Î¬ÉúËØC¡¢Î¬ÉúËØE¡¢Î¬ÉúËØA¡¢Î¬ÉúËØPP£¨Äá¿ËËᣩµÈ¡£ËüÃÇÓëÈËÌåÌÇ´ú л£¬ÓëÒÒõ£µ¨¼îµÄ·Ö½âÓëºÏ³É£¬Î¬³ÖÈËÌåµÄÈÈÄÜ´úл£¬²ÎÓëÌåÄڵĻ¹Ô­¹ý³Ì£¬ÒÔ¼°ÔöÇ¿ÈËÌå¶ÔȱÑõµÄµÖ¿¹Á¦µÈµÈ£¬¶¼¾ßÓÐÁ¼ºÃµÄ×÷Óá£
    ¡¡¡¡
    ¡¡¡¡Î¬ÉúËØÔÚÔ˶¯Ô±ÓªÑøÖоßÓÐÖØÒªÒâÒå¡£¾ßÌåʹÓÃάÉúËØʱ£¬Ó¦×¢Òâ¸÷ÖÖάÉúËØÖ®¼äµÄÊÊÒ˱ÈÀýºÍÞ׿¹×÷Óá£Î¬ÉúËغÍʳÎïÖеÄÆäËûÓªÑøËØ£¬ÈçÌǺÍÖ¬·¾µÈÒ²Òª±£³ÖÊʵ±µÄ±ÈÀý¡£Ò»°ãÌìȻʳÎïÖи÷ÖÖÓªÑøËØÖ®¼äµÄ±ÈÀýÊDZȽÏÊÊÒ˵ģ¬Æ«ÖØijһÖÖʳƷ»ò¹ý¶àµØʹÓÃijһÖÖÓªÑøËØÖƼÁ£¬ÍùÍù»áÆÆ»µÌåÄÚ¸÷ÖÖÓªÑøËØÖ®¼äµÄºÏÊʱÈÀý¡£ÔÚÁ¼ºÃµÄÓªÑøÌõ¼þÏ£¬²»±Ø²¹³äάÉúËØÖƼÁ£¬½öÔÚ¶¬¡¢´º¼¾½Ú£¬Ê߲ˡ¢Ë®¹ûȱ·¦»ò¼Ó´óÔ˶¯Á¿ÑµÁ·Ê±ÆÚ£¬¿ÉÊʵ±²¹³äһЩ¸´ºÏάÉúËØ¡£
    ¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡
    ¡¡¡¡Ô˶¯Ô±Ê³ÓÃÖ¬·¾ÒÔ²»±¥ºÍÖ¬·¾ËáΪºÃ
    ¡¡¡¡
    ¡¡¡¡Ö¬·¾Ìå»ýСµ«º¬ÈÈÁ¿¸ß£¬ÕâЩÌصã¶Ô¼õÉÙʳÎïµÄÈÝÁ¿ºÍÔö¼ÓÓùº®ÄÜÁ¦ÓÐÁ¼ºÃµÄ×÷Óᣳ¤Ê±¼äÔ˶¯£¬ÉíÌåÏûºÄÖ¬·¾Ôö¼Ó£¬¸ÎÔàºÍѪÖÐͪÌåÁ¿Éý¸ß£¬Ðļ¡ºÍ¹Ç÷À¼¡ÖÐͪÌåµÄÑõ»¯¼ÓËÙ£¬ÆÏÌÑÌǵÄÑõ»¯ÒÖÖÆ£¬Í¬Ê±¼¡ÈâÖа±»ùËáµÄÊͷżõÉÙ£¬Ö¬·¾¶ÔÈËÌå½ÚÔ¼ÌåÄÚÌÇÔªºÍµ°°×ÖʵÄÏûºÄÓÐÒ»¶¨µÄÒâÒå¡£
    ¡¡¡¡
    ¡¡¡¡Ö¬·¾²»Ò×Ïû»¯£¬¹ý¶àʳÓûá¼õµÍÆäËûÓªÑøËØ£¬ÌرðÊǵ°°×ÖÊÔÚ³¦µÀµÄÎüÊÕ¡£Ö¬·¾Ñõ»¯Ê±¿ÉÔö¼ÓÉíÌåµÄÑõÐèÒªÁ¿¡£º¬Ö¬¹ý¶àµÄʳÎï»áÓ°ÏìʳÓû¡£¸ß֬Ѫ֢ʹѪÁ÷ÖÍ»º£¬Ó°ÏìÌåÄÚÑõµÄ¹©¸ø£¬¶ÔÔ˶¯²»Àû¡£ÔÚһЩȱÑõµÄÔ˶¯ÏîÄ¿ÖУ¬¸ßÖ¬·¾Òûʳ¿ÉʹÔ˶¯Ô±ÑªÖÐͪËá¼°ÈéËáÔö¼Ó¡£
    ¡¡¡¡
    ¡¡¡¡Ô˶¯Ô±Ê³ÓÃÖ¬·¾£¬Ó¦¾¡Á¿²ÉÓò»±¥ºÍÖ¬·¾Ëá¶àµÄÖ²ÎïÓÍ£¬Ö¬·¾µÄP/S£¨²»±¥ºÍÖ¬·¾Ëá/±¥ºÍÖ¬·¾ËᣩӦ´óÓÚ1¡£Î©ÓÐÈç´Ë£¬²ÅÄÜÓÐÀûÓÚÔ˶¯¡£
    ¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡
    ¡¡¡¡Ô˶¯Ô±¼°½¡ÉíÕßÉÅʳÔõÑù²ÅÄܺÏÀí
    ¡¡¡¡
    ¡¡¡¡Ô˶¯Ô±¼°½¡ÉíÕßÈý²ÍËù³ÔʳÎïÌṩµÄÈÈÁ¿ºÍ¸÷ÖÖÓªÑøËØ£¬ÓëÆäÍê³ÉÿÈÕÔ˶¯Á¿ËùÐèÄÜÁ¿Ó¦±£³Öƽºâ¡£´ÓÓªÑø·½ÃæÀ´½²£¬ÒªÓгä×ãµÄÈÈÄÜ£¬¶øÇÒµ°°×ÖÊ¡¢Ö¬·¾¡¢Ì¼Ë®»¯ºÏÎïµÄº¬Á¿ºÍ±ÈÀýÒªÊʵ±£¬Óгä×ãµÄÎÞ»úÑΡ¢Î¬ÉúËØ¡¢Î¢Á¿ÔªËغÍË®·Ö£¬Ò²¾ÍÊÇ˵ÿÈÕ¸÷ÖÖʳÎïµÄÖÖÀàºÍÊýÁ¿µÄÑ¡ÔñÒªµÃµ±¡¢³ä×ã¡£

¡¡¡¡ÈçºÎʵÏÖºÏÀíÓªÑøÄØ£¿Ê×ÏÈ£¬Ô˶¯ÕßÒª¸Ä±ä¹ÛÄijЩÔ˶¯Ô±×ÜÈÏΪÔ˶¯³É¼¨µÄºÃ»µ½ö½öÓëÔ˶¯ÑµÁ·Óйأ¬¶øÉÅʳÔòÎ޹ؽôÒª¡£ÎÞÂÛÔ˶¯Ô±»¹Êǽ¡ÉíÕߣ¬Òª×¢ÒâÒÔϼ¸¸öÎÊÌ⣺
    ¡¡¡¡
    ¡¡¡¡1£®´Ó˼Ïë Éϸ߶ÈÖØÊÓÒ»ÈÕÈý²ÍµÄºÏÀíÓªÑø¡£
    ¡¡¡¡
    ¡¡¡¡2£®Ô˶¯Ô±Òª¼ÓÇ¿ÓªÑø֪ʶµÄѧϰ£¬¸ù¾Ý×Ô¼ºÃ¿ÌìµÄѵÁ·Á¿£¬ºÏÀíÑ¡ÔñÈý²ÍʳÎïÖÖÀàºÍÊýÁ¿£¬¶ø²»Êǵ¥µ¥¸ù¾Ý×Ô¼ºµÄϲºÃÑ¡ÔñʳÎï¡£
    ¡¡¡¡
    ¡¡¡¡3£®ÔÚ¾ßÌåÑ¡ÔñʳÎïʱ£¬ÒªÖØÊÓÖ÷ʳµÄÉãÈ룬ÈçÃס¢ÃæʳµÈ¡£Ö÷ʳÖк¬ÓзḻµÄ̼ˮ»¯ºÏÎÄܹ©¸øÔ˶¯Ô±³ä×ãµÄÄÜÁ¿¡£Òª±ÜÃâѡʳ¹ý¶àµÄÈâÀ࣬Ŀǰ£¬¹úÄÚµÄÔ˶¯Ô±µ°°×ÖÊȱ·¦ÒѽÏÉÙ¼û£¬´ó¶àÊý´¦ÓÚ¹©¹ýÓÚÇóµÄ״̬¡£³Ô¹ý¶àµÄÈâʳ²»½ö²»»á¸øÔ˶¯Ô±Ôö¼ÓÄÜÁ¿£¬Ïà·´»á¸øÈËÌå´øÀ´Ðí¶àΣº¦£¬Èç¹ý¶àµÄµ°°×ÖÊÉãÈë¿Éͬʱ´øÈë¹ý¶àµÄÖ¬·¾£¬³¤ÆÚÏÂÈ¥»áÒýÆð¸ßѪ֬¡¢¹ÚÐIJ¡µÈ¡£ÁíÍ⣬¶¯Îïµ°°×ºÍÖ²Îïµ°°×µÄ±ÈÀýÒªÊÊÒË£¬Ó¦ÒÔÅ£Ä̺Ͷ¹ÖÆÆ·´úÌ沿·ÖÈâÀà¡£³Ô¸÷ÖÖ¸÷ÑùµÄÊ߲˺ÍË®¹û£¬ÌرðÓ¦Ôö¼ÓÉúʳµÄÊ߲ˣ¬ÒÔ¼õÉÙÓªÑøËØÔÚ¼Ó¹¤¹ý³ÌÖеÄÁ÷ʧ¡£ÉÙ³Ô»ò²»³ÔÓÍըʳÎï¡¢·ÊÖíÈâ¡¢¿¾Èâ¡¢À°Èâ¡¢ÄÌÓ͵ȣ¬ËüÃÇ¿É´øÈëÌåÄÚ¹ý¶àµÄÖ¬·¾£¬»áÒýÆð·ÊÅÖ¡£
    ¡¡¡¡
    ¡¡¡¡4£®ºÏÀíµØÑ¡ÔñÔ˶¯ÓªÑø±£½¡Æ·¡£Ô˶¯ÓªÑø±£½¡Æ·Òà³Æ¡°Ç¿×³Ê³Æ·¡±»ò¡°¹¦ÄÜʳƷ¡±£¬ÊÇרΪ´ÓÊÂÔ˶¯µÄÈ˶øÉè¼ÆµÄÒ»ÀàÌØÊâÓªÑøÆ·¡£Îª±£Ö¤ÑµÁ·µÄÓÐЧÐÔ£¬Ô˶¯Ô±ÔÚºÏÀíÉÅʳµÄ»ù´¡ÉÏ£¬»¹Ó¦¿ÆѧºÏÀíµØÑ¡ÓÃÔ˶¯ÓªÑø±£½¡Æ·¡£
    ¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡
    ¡¡¡¡Ô˶¯²¹ÒºÓн²¾¿
    ¡¡¡¡
    ¡¡¡¡×îµäÐ͵ÄÀý×ÓÊÇÔ˶¯»áÇ°£¬ÈËÃÇÃæ¶ÔÊг¡ÉÏÊý²»Ê¤ÊýµÄÒûÆ·£¬¸Ðµ½ÑÛ»¨ÁÃÂÒ£¬²»ÖªµÀ¾¿¾¹¸ÃÑ¡ÔñÒ»ÖÖʲôÑùµÄÒûÆ·À´ÎªÔ˶¯²¹Òº¡£ÓÉÓÚÔ˶¯Öв¹ÒºÐëÂú×ã²¹³äË®·Ö¡¢ÎÞ»úÑκÍÄÜÁ¿Õ⼸¸öÄ¿µÄ£¬Ö»ÓÐרÃŵÄÔ˶¯ÒûÆ·²ÅÄÜÂú×ã¡£Ò»°ãµÄÆûË®ÀàÒûÁÏ£¬ÒòΪÓÐÆû£¬»áÔì³Éθ²¿²»ÊÊ£¬¼ÓÖ®ÆäÖеÄÎÞ»úÑκ¬Á¿£¬²»Ò»¶¨ÄÜÂú×ã²¹³äÔ˶¯Ê±¶ªÊ§µÄÎÞ»úÑεÄÐèÒª£¬Òò´Ë£¬²»ÊʺÏ×÷ΪÔ˶¯Ê±²¹ÒºÓá£Ëæ×ű£½¡Æ·Êг¡µÄ¿ª·¢£¬Ä¿Ç°µÄ±£½¡ÀàÒûÆ·ºÜ¶à¡£ÕâЩ±£½¡ÀàÒûÆ·Òòº¬ÌØÊâµÄÎïÖÊ£¬¶øÊʺÏһЩÌØÊâÐèÒªµÄÈËȺʹÓá£ÔÚ±£½¡ÒûÁÏÖУ¬º¬Óн϶࿧·ÈÒòÕߣ¬ÒûÓú󣬶ÔÔ˶¯ÕßÉíÌåûÓкô¦£»ÓÐÕò¾²×÷ÓÃÕߣ¬ºÈºóÈÃÈ˽ôÕŵÄÇéÐ÷µÃÒÔ·ÅËÉ£¬µ«¶ÔÌá¸ßÔ˶¯³É¼¨²¢Ã»Óкô¦¡£»ùÓÚÕâЩԭÒò£¬ÎÒÃÇÔÚÔ˶¯Ê±£¬Ó¦¸ÃÑ¡Ôñ¼ÈÄܱ£Ö¤²¹³äÔÚÔ˶¯ÖжªÊ§µÄË®·ÖºÍÎÞ»úÑΣ¬ÓÖÄܲ¹³äÏûºÄµÄÄÜÁ¿µÄÒûÆ·¡£Òź¶µÄÊÇÏÖÔÚÊг¡ÉÏÕâÑùµÄÒûÆ·²¢²»¶à¡£Òò´Ë£¬Îª½¡¿µ×ÅÏ룬ÔÚÑ¡Ôñʱ£¬¾ÍÒ»¶¨Òª×¢ÒâÌôѡרÃÅÊʺÏÓÚÔ˶¯Ê±Ê¹Óõĺ¬ÓÐÒ»¶¨Á¿ÌǺÍÑεÄÒûÆ·¡£
    ¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡
    ¡¡¡¡Ô˶¯Ö®ºó³ÔɶºÃ
    ¡¡¡¡
    ¡¡¡¡ÓÐЩÈËÔÚÔ˶¯ºó£¬¸Ðµ½¼¡Èâ¹Ø½ÚËáÍ´ºÍÆ£·¦£¬ÈÏΪ¶à³ÔһЩÇÝÈâ¡¢ÓãºÍµ°ÀàʳÎï¾ÍÄܲ¹³äÓªÑø£¬½â³ýÆ£ÀÍ¡£Æäʵ£¬ÕâÖÖ×ö·¨ÊÇÈÏʶÉϵÄÒ»ÖÖÆ«Îó ¡£
    ¡¡¡¡
    ¡¡¡¡ÈËÌåÔÚ½øÐÐÔ˶¯Ê±£¬¼¡ÈâºÍ´óÄԵȽøÐиßÇ¿¶ÈµÄ×÷¹¦£¬ÌåÄÚ̼ˮ»¯ºÏÎï¡¢Ö¬·¾¡¢µ°°×ÖʵȴóÁ¿·Ö½â£¬ÒÔ±£Ö¤»úÌå»î¶¯Ê±¶ÔÄÜÁ¿µÄÐèÒª¡£»úÌåÔÚÄÜÁ¿´úл·Ö½âµÄ¹ý³ÌÖУ¬²úÉú´óÁ¿µÄÈéËá¡¢Á×ËáµÈËáÐÔ´úл²úÎÕâЩËáÐÔ´úл²úÎï¾Û»ýÔÚѪҺ¡¢¼¡Èâ¡¢´óÄÔ¡¢ÄÚÔàµÈ×éÖ¯ÖУ¬¾Í»áʹÈËÌå²úÉú¼¡Èâ¹Ø½ÚËáÍ´ºÍÆ£¾ë·¦Á¦µÈ²»Êʸоõ¡£´Ëʱ£¬Ò»Î¶µØ¶à³ÔÈâÀàµÈËáÐÔʳÎ»á¼ÓÖØѪҺµÄËáÐÔ»¯£¬²»ÀûÓÚ´úл²úÎïµÄÅųý£¬ÄÑÒÔ½â³ý¼¡ÈâËáÍ´ºÍ¾ëµ¡·¦Á¦¸Ð¡£ÒªÏû³ýÕâЩ²»ÊʸУ¬±ØÐë°ÑÕâЩ´úлµÄ¡°·ÏÎÖкͲ¢ÅųöÌåÍ⣬ӦÊʵ±¶à³ÔЩ¸»º¬Î¬ÉúËØ¡¢ÏËάËصÄÊ߲ˡ¢Ë®¹ûµÈ¼îÐÔʳÎïÖкÍѪҺËáÐÔ£¬±£³ÖѪҺÈõ¼îÐÔ£¬²ÅÄÜ´Ù½ø´úл²úÎïµÄÅÅй£¬Î¬³Ö¼¡ÌåËá¼îµÄ»ù±¾Æ½ºâ£¬¾¡¿ì»Ö¸´Õý³£µÄÉúÀí״̬¡£
    "

5. Ricky

Ricky Regular Member

IT
    Make sure to read it with GB code.

6. SystemicAnomaly

SystemicAnomaly Regular Member

pre-Occupied
    Pre-game meal

Pre-game meal: (to be ingested within 2 to 10 minutes of competition): Big Mac (with extra mayo), 2 Double Cheese Whoppers, 3 large bags of fries (w/extra salt & grease), a large thick milk shake, & 3 servings of ice cream. Be sure to wash it all down with a large coke.

However if you want to WIN your match, you may want to modify this plan a bit. Pasta is a good idea, preferably 2 hours or more b4 match time. If you eat rice as a pre-game meal, preceed it with a bit of fat & protein so that your blood sugar levels don't drop by the time your competition starts. Be sure to hydrate yourself adequately as well; drink a lot of water an hour or so before match time and then more moderates amount just before & during competition.

If you MUST eat right b4 competition, don't eat a lot. Best to eat cherries or some other fruits high in fructose (low glycemic index). Stay away from carrots, grapes, plain white bread or rice cakes on an empty stomach; high glycemic foods such as these will cause your blood sugar levels to spike and then subsequently drop too low. This will cause you to feel sluggish early on.

Also stay away from large amounts of protein & fat right b4 match time. These are best eaten 2 to 3 hours earlier. One exception is MCT or coconut oil. Despite the bad press on tropical oils, MCT & coconut oils tend to be burned much like carbs rather than stored like other fats.

Coffee caveat: I also found that small amounts of caffeine would give me an edge... at first. However, after 15 minutes or so it would turn on me. I would feel nervousness & agitation as you have experienced; lack of control was also a problem for me.

There are several supplements that worked a whole lot better than caffeine for giving me an edge (without make me edgy). These include: ProEndorphin, Trans-Neuro and NeuroGain. I believe that there are no ingredients in these products that would be banned in any competition. Ingredients include: B vitamins, DMAE (found in the brain & certain fish), and an amino acid (either Tyrosine or Taurine & Phenylalanine). The supplement a may also include vitamin C, St John's Wort and other nutrients. Thes supplements should be taken on an empty stomach shortly before competion.

This is no joke... a small amt of alcohol can improve athletic performance. I'm talking somethin on the order of a third to a half a glass of wine (red wine is best). This amount is enough to rid you of pre-game jitters and relax you just enuff to elicit peak performance during play. WARNING: if you ingest much more than this amount, your reflexes (reaction time), hand-eye coordination, control, and decision-making skills will be impaired. I usually add a small amount of fructose to the wine (to avoid a headache or a drop in blood sugar levels). In place of fructose, you could preceed the glass of red wine with some cherries.

A good alternative to wine is a cup of chamomile tea, also very relaxing. You could add fructose to this as well (it's probably best to stay away from regular table sugar).

7. Jason

Jason Guest

Re: Pre-game meal

hmm... never heard of the wine thing before... but I might give it a try ^^

8. SystemicAnomaly

pre-Occupied
    Vino & ThinkFast

I actually first heard the (red) wine thing from some competitive Chinese players. I've since seen/heard it from other sources as well. it certainly helps if you don't overdo it.

I can also see the effect when I'm running my ThinkFast software. With small amounts of wine my reaction time & decision-making scores improve slightly, presumably cuz I'm more relaxed. However, with 1 or 2 glasses of wine I find that it reflects significantly (negatively) in my scores, especially when it comes to reaction time, impulsivity, & accuracy.

9. Jason

Jason Guest

Re: Vino & ThinkFast

i c... cuz I've actually played once with about 1/3 bottle of red wine in me (15% approx)... i felt more energetic that day for some weird reason... and i was running like crazy and making shots like no one would ever believe me... my opponent was actually in awe... hehe ^^" but then i dropped dead after the game.. dead tired =P
    i think it kinda made me not realize i was alreadi tired so i kept playing with all my might =P so... i guess it mite also help in that way ^^

10. SystemicAnomaly

pre-Occupied

I'm rather surprised that amount of wine had the intial effect that you describe. do you have a high tolerance for alcohol? did you eat a substantial amount of food with the wine? these can be major factors.

I'm not too surprised about the end result. a couple of effects of alcohol come into play here. alcohol has a pronounced diuretic effect; it dehydrates the body quite a bit if large quantities are consumed. this can eventually cause fatigue & headaches, especially when physical exertion is a factor.

alcohol can also have a significant effect on blood sugar levels. the calories in alcohol initially provided a source of energy. however, after a while the alcohol (especially w/exercise) can cause blood sugar levels to drop. glucose (blood sugar) is the brain's favorite fuel. if glucose levels drop considerably, the brain becomes fatigued. this, with the dehydration factor can cause headaches (or hangovers). carbonated alcohol might have more rapid & more pronounced effects.

having some honey or fructose before (or with) the wine can lessen the glucose level drop quite a bit. you should also take in a lot more water to offset the diuretic effect. probably the best advice is to cut back substantially on the amount of red wine you ingest before competition or heavy exercise sessions.

11. budda

budda Regular Member

Web Design

Thanks gregr for that info.

I did a search for Glycemic Index and came up with a site that got a list of foods with ther GI.

http://www.mendosa.com/gilists.htm

Cheers

12. SystemicAnomaly

pre-Occupied
    Glycemic Index

Yes, the mendosa site has a pretty extensive listing. Altho' its not comprehensive, it gives you a decent idea of the relative glycemic action of a variety different foods.

GI is most important when eating snacks, especially snacks that are mostly carbohydrates. GI is also important to diabetics (and hypoglycemics?). When eating a complete balanced meal, the presence of protein, fats, and fiber minimizes the need to concern yourself about the GI of the carbs in the meal. However, I would not start a meal with a high glycemic food (save those foods for later in the meal or for dessert). Restaurants often serve high glycemic bread before you order your meal in hopes that it will lower your blood glucose levels which may cause you to order more food (especially food that is a lot costlier than the complimentary bread). You can offset this effect somewhat by putting butter (fat) on the bread (to temper the GI of the bread).

Note that the glycemic index for a given food is not some absolute number with inherent meaning. The GI is a relative #. It tells you the glycemic action compared to some standard. There are 2 common standards used. One standard sets glucose sugar at 100. Most foods, including sucrose (table sugar), have an index lower than 100 on this scale. A few foods have a higher index. The other standard set white bread at 100. You cannot directly compare a GI for a food based on 1 standard against the GI for some other food based on the other standard.

Most lists based on the glucose standard put fructose at about 20. The GI of fructose on the white bread scale is around 32. Note that you sometimes see differences in various lists that are based on the same standard. There are a # of factors that can account for this. For instance, if the GI is determined for a banana that is a bit overipe it could be significantly higher than the GI for a slightly under-ripe banana. Different variery of bananas could also have varied GIs.

As I said before, if you are eating a complex balanced meal (containing fats, fiber & protein) don't concern yourself too much with GI. It becomes much more important when eating snacks on a relatively empty stomach.

13. Jason

Jason Guest

well... i only did that just that once... I dont drink... except when i got nothing else to do =P which is rarely ever...
    because I study a lot of biological stuff... i know the effect of alchohol.... but for me... it's almost like nothing that was said in the book was wut i felt... i felt exact opposite... except for the extreme tiredness after exercise due to lack of glucose in blood... it actually cleared my head up a lot...
    hehe... maybe i should go see a doctor or soemthing =P

14. ma mon luk

ma mon luk Guest

i'll drink to that

15. AS

AS Guest

Re: Please just tell me Gregr...

Hi there. Thank u for the insight into watever it is ur saying...lol, no seriously could u please please just tell me wat i should eat before a Men's Doubles tournament that is taking place on 19th april. The torny begins at 9am in the morning, so please tell me exactly wat time and wat to eat and drink.

This would be greatly appreciated and if i win the torny i'll be sure to send u a pic of me and the trophy..lol no i'll buy u a drink :eek:).

In the previous tornies i have played in i have suffered from fatigue halfway thru which was probably due to not paying any attention at all to my bodies needs.

Just give me names of wat foods and drinks to prepare and in wat quantities to take them please, i'll do the rest.

Thank u once again.

16. raymond

raymond Regular Member

Top Secret

There's also a concept called carbo-loading. If you're serious about
    that tournament, you need to start eating carbohydrates a few days
    in advance, until the tournament day.

17. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker

Isn['t that more for endurance sports with high aerobic capacity?

18. Johno

Johno Guest

well because of the energy systems that are used in badminton ( these being mostly CP energy system and the lactic acid system, and to a lesser extent the areobic system)
    This means that carbohydrates are the source of energy that is mostly used for our sport, the reason for this being that is is the simplest way to providse the energy needed for high intensity events ( by this i mean fast paced, interval events).

If the intensity is lower, then more fat is burnt because the need for energy is less, this means more time can be taken over the more complex lipid oxidation in which we get our energy from fat, this normally occurs at around 60% of VO2 max, it has been found that caffeine and increase the the lipid oxidation, meaning that more fat is actually used, and has fat contains more energy then carbs and protein it should then in theory provide the player with more energy.
    But as Gregr said, caffeine is a deuretic and so the player wolud also become dehydrated, which would have a negative effect on performance.

In terms of foods that you should be eating before / during and after the event,

Before (4 hours) - Low GI foods i.e. brown bread
    ( 2 hours) - Medium to high GI foods i.e. Rice, pasta

During - Jelly babies, Jafer cakes, hypertonic sports drink (this is what the england players have when they train)

After - A high carbohydrate meal (normally with a medium to high GI) in order to restore glycogen levels quickly, that have been used during the event. Also protein to help re-build muscle protein lost during the day, The quicker that you have this meal after the event the quicker you should recover

It is now also though that a small amount of protein should to eaten in the meal 2 hours before the event as this could then reduce the amount of muscle breakdown because the broken is ' pumped' into the muscles during the exercise.

It is important that the body has enough carbohydrates stored, because when the glycogen store fall low, it is protein that is then more so used then fat, this protein is in the form of muscle, and so muscle breakdown would occur, which is obviously a negative thing.
    One thing that i'm always told when i'm at school is

' FAT CAN ONLY BE BURNT IN THE FIRE THAT GLUCOSE CREATES'.

Which basically mean thats the if the is no carbohydrates in the body, then fat can't be used as the main source of energy.

19. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker

Just a couple of points,

I'm not sure about the advantage of high gluscose intake during a match/training.
    High glucose levels in the intestine increase the osmolarity so water can pass into the intestine thereby possibly exacerbating dehydration.

The same theory applies to hypertonic drinks. Once the osmolarity of the intestine drops nearer that of plasma osmolarity, then absorption of intestinal contents may be easier.

secondarily, high glucose absorption casues insulin response brings brings down blood sugar. Insulin lasts for 45-60 minutes. So the body will be using glucose as well as having insulin which brings down the glucose even further. Granted that there are other hormones to raise glucose levels (e.g. glucagon)

In the end, up shot is; probably not to take too much pure glucose, don't drink hypertonic drink (iso/slightly hypotonic sounds reasonable) and life is never that simple!

Oh yes, blood osmolarity is about 308 mosm/l.

20. Johno

Johno Guest

The reason that you would drink a hypertonic drink wolud be purely for the energy, not for hydration, this being because the glucose concentration is to high for the fluid of the drink to properly be absorbed into the cells.
    On the other hand, the carbohydrates that are in the drink would be the prime energy source (as this is basically pure glucose), this wolud mean that the stores of glycogen within the muscles wolud be relatively un-touched and so it wolud take longer for them to become depleted.
    And so in theory prolong the effects of fatigiue.

The concentration foe a hypertonic drink is aprox 17% which means that for every 100 ml of fluid there are 17 grams of carbohydrae where as with a isotonic the concentration is more like 6% and this provide energy and also a good level of hydration.
    There is alos a hypotonic sports drink whihc is only about 3% concentration and is best for hydration as the slight concentraion helps the fluid to diffuse into the cells by osmosis.