User Tag List

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by joits
    i think this is great news. i'm getting tired of going to play at either Walnut or SGVBC and finding it overcrowded. i'm tired of being at either place for four hours and only playing four games total! so the more courts there are, that means that people can spread out. i'll look into this new place and see how much it costs, then i'll decide where i want to get membership at.
    Uhhhhhhh, as stated before, LABC has not started development yet. It's at least a year away.

SGVBC just added 3 more courts for a total of 13 courts. The 3 additional courts should be ready by the end of the monthy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DinkAlot
    Uhhhhhhh, as stated before, LABC has not started development yet. It's at least a year away.

SGVBC just added 3 more courts for a total of 13 courts. The 3 additional courts should be ready by the end of the monthy.

DinkAlot .... the last time I've been to SGVBC was Dec 2005 and been there several other times ..... I don't see anymore place for a new court .... where would the 3 courts be? thanks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

uhhhhhh... yeah i read that after i posted but i'm too lazy to change it... hehe. yeah, it's a shame the construction has been delayed. i hope it does get built eventually. till then... i'll be at SGVBC.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by shreky
    DinkAlot .... the last time I've been to SGVBC was Dec 2005 and been there several other times ..... I don't see anymore place for a new court .... where would the 3 courts be? thanks.
    They added 3 courts next door. You have to go through the current training area to access the courts. It should be completed in a month or less.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hey guys! any news on this new facility. I'm going to cali before the year end .... i hope there are more places to play. The website said that it is supposed to open Fall 2006.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The website said that it is supposed to open Fall 2006.
    No chance as I just drove by there and it's still a bunch of dirt, under construction.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks Dinkalot .... I would be in Cali in mid-december. i'll bring my racquet with me .... hope to play with all you guys over there.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks Dinkalot .... I would be in Cali in mid-december. i'll bring my racquet with me .... hope to play with all you guys over there.
    We'll be there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default The rumored "second El Monte badminton club"

I was so glad to have found this thread, I have heard since BEGINNING OF TIME that someone was planning to open another badminton club in El Monte area, but have never actually seen any concrete details. I always thought it was a rumor being circulated that was actually not true.

Having seen the website, I am wondering whether the plans have fell through? It's now 2007 and from the sounds of it they've been planning since 2004?

I agree that it would be great to have a club like SGVBC elsewhere, probably somewhere in OC (but not right in the heart of Orange since there's OCBC already). The only complaint I have about SGVBC is that it gets super hot and stuffy in the summer because there is no A/C. They added showers about 2 years ago and 3 new courts a little over a year ago and are making improvements slowly, which is commendable.

No chance as I just drove by there and it's still a bunch of dirt, under construction.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, I drive by the "LABC site" every day and it's still just a pile of dirt.

A few people contacted me and assured me there is construction going on, stating they personally drove over to inspect the site. I asured them construciton has not commenced. The construction they are referring to is the property owned by Alta Medical Group which is right next to LABC.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default ^^I drove by the site the other day..^^

...and lo and behold, since the last time i visited the site, the site is now cordoned off with some green construction barricade, all along its outer boundaries. Although there is/are no sign(s) of any visible construction going on, the existing building(s) is no longer there, other than just a pile of dirt/rocks...sorry, didn't take any pics of the site
    My feeling is, the construction will start anytime...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ctjcad
    ...and lo and behold, since the last time i visited the site, the site is now cordoned off with some green construction barricade, all along its outer boundaries. Although there is/are no sign(s) of any visible construction going on, the existing building(s) is no longer there, other than just a pile of dirt/rocks...sorry, didn't take any pics of the site
    hallelujah!!! there is a badminton god!!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Errrrr...no. It's been like that for about a year.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Hmm..

Errrrr...no. It's been like that for about a year.
    ...yeah, true..I guess i haven't been around that area for quite a while now ...Although, i was a bit surprised at what has changed since i've been there...The signs do indicate something is abt to start, but when will that be, we don't know..
    I'll try to take a few progress pics of the site and share with you guys, or if not our DinkAlot/NGP can do so..

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

...yeah, true..I guess i haven't been around that area for quite a while now ...Although, i was a bit surprised at what has changed since i've been there...The signs do indicate something is abt to start, but when will that be, we don't know..
    I'll try to take a few progress pics of the site and share with you guys, or if not our DinkAlot/NGP can do so..
    Chris, no, please stop posting MISINFORMATION. The site that's going under construction is the site next door, Alta Medical Group. As of last week, LABC is still in stasis, like it has been for the last 3 years.

There's no reason to take any pictures because there's nothing going on.

So, please stop trying to get everyones hopes up high.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Hmm..

Chris, no, please stop posting MISINFORMATION. The site that's going under construction is the site next door, Alta Medical Group. As of last week, LABC is still in stasis, like it has been for the last 3 years.

There's no reason to take any pictures because there's nothing going on.

So, please stop trying to get everyones hopes up high.
    ..sorry, ok thx for rectifying..Then i must've not paid much attention as i drove by. Because all i noticed was the building that was standing on the lot there before(in my earlier pics), is no longer there. And i noticed there are green construction barricades on the outside perimeter of the site(as i understand, usually when those show up, they indicate that there are some demo/construction going on). Of course, if it's still the same address/location and if it's owned by the person who's going to build it..I'll swing by the area, if i have time, to have a second look..
    Last edited by ctjcad; 03-19-2007 at 03:37 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There is no need to go take a look, you will be wasting your time.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast