speed,reflex,fakes

Discussion in 'Techniques / Training' started by 19Lone Wolf87, Jan 2, 2006.

1. 19Lone Wolf87

19Lone Wolf87 New Member

student
    yo guys! can anyone help me to improve my speed? and wat do u think of reflex i know everyone of u hav fast reflex but how to develop it more? is it based on experience? about power, havin a poor eyesight i dont really depend on power coz i might end up hittin hard the sky if u know wat i mean..:crying: so i depend on fakes and deception could anyone give a tip to make my fakes more effective? thanks

2. jerby

jerby Regular Member

so in one topic. you ask "us" for tips to help you ENTIRE badminton game?:rolleyes:

speed: shadow drills; play shadow badminton, like a singles, and do all 4 corners. focus on speed and try not to make to much noise. about 30s, 20s rest...about 4 times...

reflexes: practise inetrcepting "bad"/low lobs when standing at the fornt-serve-line. or smash-defense training

fakes: be creative in training...do some crazy things when theré's nothign to lose.
    for deception(different from fakes): keep your opponent guessing where to go. beginners (nobody in special) tend to basically 'point' where they are going to hit...

3. Gollum

Gollum Regular Member

Rather a broad question, don't you think?

Try searching the forums for:

"speed"
    "reflexes"
    "reactions"
    "smash return"
    "fakes"
    "deception"

(Only one search at a time!)

I am confident you will find lots of information :)