User Tag List

Page 1 of 19 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 17 of 315
  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Jakarta
    Posts
    1,067
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Why Taufik Will Not Participate In Ae

    The reason why he will not participate in the AE 2006 are:

    1. The tournament remains a 4* event.
    2. He is getting married in February. Preparation for his wedding (once in a lifetime experience].
    3. He has won in two highest and the most competitive events (Olympics and World Champiosnhips). He wants to give other players to become a champion. He is not greedy.
    4. He has nothing else to prove to the world that he actually is the greatest and best Badminton player in the Badminton history.
    5. I can prove that he is a living legend in badminton....A lot of people are dissapointed, even very dissapointed whenever he does not participate in a tournament.

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    327
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by indra
    The reason why he will not participate in the AE 2006 are:

    1. The tournament remains a 4* event.
    2. He is getting married in February. Preparation for his wedding (once in a lifetime experience].
    3. He has won in two highest and the most competitive events (Olympics and World Champiosnhips). He wants to give other players to become a champion. He is not greedy.
    4. He has nothing else to prove to the world that he actually is the greatest and best Badminton player in the Badminton history.
    5. I can prove that he is a living legend in badminton....A lot of people are dissapointed, even very dissapointed whenever he does not participate in a tournament.
    I agree on point 2 and 5

    BUT I don't agree for the rest as he already said officially via media that his next target is ALL ENGLAND, so it's NOT because of 4* event nor he wants to give chance to others, unless he had already won many ALL ENGLAND titles like Rudi Hartono, but the fact is NONE in his bag, so I am sure it's not because of that.

    To me, the reason that make more sense of his cancellation is his preparation of the wedding.

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Jakarta
    Posts
    1,067
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eskey
    I agree on point 2 and 5

    BUT I don't agree for the rest as he already said officially via media that his next target is ALL ENGLAND, so it's NOT because of 4* event nor he wants to give chance to others, unless he had already won many ALL ENGLAND titles like Rudi Hartono, but the fact is NONE in his bag, so I am sure it's not because of that.

    To me, the reason that make more sense of his cancellation is his preparation of the wedding.
    I am also very dissapointed to hear that he will not join the AE . I am still hoping that Taufik will change his mind. To me any tournament especially * 4, 5 and 6 without his participation is " Dry" [not entertaining and thrilling]. The same applies to Chandra and SIgit.

    The only thing that I really want to see again in the future is the big match between Taufik Hidayat (holder of Olympic Gold Medal, and World Champion) vs. Lin Dan (1st Rank and Holder of World Cup).

    The match between these two strong player will be the most long-awaited match and represent a classic match between two giants in badminton.

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Tupai (from Msia)
    Posts
    750
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    the 2nd reason is the most convincing one & the 5th is kinda acceptable

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Montreal (514)
    Posts
    1,229
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Another reason that my friend pointed to me regarding why he wont come:

    6. He feels that he is not ready and won't win the AE

    I feel like it's more reason number 2 but... who knows. What you think about it?

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    327
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Brave_Turtle
    Another reason that my friend pointed to me regarding why he wont come:

    6. He feels that he is not ready and won't win the AE

    I feel like it's more reason number 2 but... who knows. What you think about it?
    Well, it's possible also. we don't know the true reason unless he really say it in media, other than that only God and he know , we only can speculate about him.

    "Mood" and "Will" are playing big part in his participation and winning the tournament.

    But....WAIT!!!! has the entry registration for AE2006 has been closed yet? who knows suddenly he show up in last minute

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Jakarta
    Posts
    1,067
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eskey
    Well, it's possible also. we don't know the true reason unless he really say it in media, other than that only God and he know , we only can speculate about him.

    "Mood" and "Will" are playing big part in his participation and winning the tournament.

    But....WAIT!!!! has the entry registration for AE2006 has been closed yet? who knows suddenly he show up in last minute
    I guess if Taufik is absent in the AE, the most likely event to watch the duel between Taufik and Lin Dan is Thomas Cup . In that event, if those two players meet, that would be very interesting. If the match is held in the morning or afternoon, I would rather take a day off from work to watch the match. This match will be a "moment of truth" to prove who is actually the REAL KING of badminton. As Thomas Cup will be held in Japan, it would be a neutral place. Apart from that, the players must fight on behalf of their respective countries. In the Thomas Cup, I hope China will field Lin Dan or Bao Chun Lai to play Taufik. I am still hoping that Taufik will join the AE

  8. #8
    Regular Member jug8man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    2,101
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eskey
    I agree on point 2 and 5

    BUT I don't agree for the rest as he already said officially via media that his next target is ALL ENGLAND, so it's NOT because of 4* event nor he wants to give chance to others, unless he had already won many ALL ENGLAND titles like Rudi Hartono, but the fact is NONE in his bag, so I am sure it's not because of that.

    To me, the reason that make more sense of his cancellation is his preparation of the wedding.
    I'm so happy when I read this post as I realized something:
    -Taufik has no AE title
    -Taufik is a strong personality therefore very likely a man of 'his own principal'
    -Taufik has laid claim on 2 titles (Olympic and World) and lived up to his promise
    -Taufik has promised the an AE title before he retires!

    THE ONLY LOGICAL CONCLUSION A BADDYNUT LIKE MYSELF CAN COME TO IS
    ---------------------> TAUFIK IS NOT RETIRING IN 2006. PERHAPS ONLY AFTER 2007 AE


    **HIP HIP HOOORAYYYYY!!!!!!!**


    The Borneon BaddyNut

  9. #9
    Regular Member DinkAlot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    dcbadminton.net
    Posts
    12,273
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by indra
    4. He has nothing else to prove to the world that he actually is the greatest and best Badminton player in the Badminton history.
    Where did you get this notion? There is no way Taufik is the greatest in history. He is far from it.

  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    LuckyTown
    Posts
    777
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DinkAlot
    Where did you get this notion? There is no way Taufik is the greatest in history. He is far from it.
    You can easily spot that all the fanboy posters in this thread come from Indonesia, so it's little surprise ...

    And, I'm voting for Peter Gade or Lee Hyun Il anyways...

  11. #11
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Florida, US
    Posts
    27
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I have not followed the pros for long, but I admit I was a bit surprised to hear the announcement that Taufik was the greatest badminton player in history

    On another note, why would the title of KING of badminton be decided including Taufik? Lin Dan has obviously done all duties to rightfully claim the #1 position, and currently Taufik is ranked at #10.

    jug8man, no need to worry, I hear Taufik does not plan to retire until the time of the 2008 Olympics

  12. #12
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Jakarta
    Posts
    1,067
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fastattack
    I have not followed the pros for long, but I admit I was a bit surprised to hear the announcement that Taufik was the greatest badminton player in history

    On another note, why would the title of KING of badminton be decided including Taufik? Lin Dan has obviously done all duties to rightfully claim the #1 position, and currently Taufik is ranked at #10.

    jug8man, no need to worry, I hear Taufik does not plan to retire until the time of the 2008 Olympics
    THIS IS FROM ANTARA:

    "Belum tahu, saya belum membicarakannya lagi dengan pelatih dan pengurus (PB PBSI)," ujar Taufik yang dihubungi Selasa.

    Taufik mengaku semula berencana akan ambil bagian pada turnamen tertua Federasi Bulutangkis Internasional (IBF) tersebut namun hingga saat ini belum diputuskan akan berangkat atau tidak.

    "Mungkin besok (Rabu, 21/12) saya akan bertemu pengurus untuk membicarakannya," katanya.


    TRANSLATION:
    " I am not sure, I need to talk about this again with my coach and PBSI," said Taufik when contacted on Tuesday.
    Taufik admitted that he wanted to participate in AEm however, until now no decision has been made whether he is going or not.
    " Perhaps tomorrow (wednesday, 21/12) I will meet PBSI to discuss this matter," he said.

    I HOPE TAUFIK CHANGES HIS MIND!!!!!

  13. #13
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Hobart, Australia
    Posts
    408
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DinkAlot
    Where did you get this notion? There is no way Taufik is the greatest in history. He is far from it.
    You don't get to assume the greatest badminton player in history until you beat Rudy Hartono's 7 consecutive All England titles and 8 overall All England titles plus 1 World Championship title. If you beat Rudy's record then you can claim to be the Greatest in history. Taufik is a long way from being the Greatest with not even 1 All England title which is the equivalent of Wimbledon in tennis.

  14. #14
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Jakarta
    Posts
    1,067
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sabathiel
    You don't get to assume the greatest badminton player in history until you beat Rudy Hartono's 7 consecutive All England titles and 8 overall All England titles plus 1 World Championship title. If you beat Rudy's record then you can claim to be the Greatest in history. Taufik is a long way from being the Greatest with not even 1 All England title which is the equivalent of Wimbledon in tennis.
    Being the greatest is not determined by the quantity. Although Rudi Hartono has won 8 AE, you should remember the competition at that time was not as stiff and tough as today. Taufik has proven himself to be the greatest. He has won 2 events that the rest of badminton players have always wanted to win. All top players participated in these two tournaments. Taufik live in the era where many strong and brilliant players also play [Cheng Hong, Lin Dan, Bao Chun Lai, Peter Gade, Kenneth Jonnasen, Hyung Ill, etc.]

    This has also been proven, among players, Lin Dan admitted that the most dangerous player on earth is Taufik, Chen Hong also feels the same way. Chen Hong has always had Taufik's phobia and that Phobia is beggining to approach Lin Dan now. The same thing has also been admitted by Peter Gade, he has lost in his last 4 IMPORTANT encounters agaisnt Taufik.

    It is true that Taufik has not won AE yet...but it is just a matter of time. Remember, Taufik almost grabbed the title when he became the finalist twice ...when he was only 17 and 18 years. he lost to Gade and Xia Xuan Ze.

    He was a wonder kid and a living legend....and without doubt the greatest badminton player to date. In every tournament Taufik has always attracted the attention of the press.

  15. #15
    Regular Member Loh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Singapore Also Can
    Posts
    12,461
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Most will agree that Taufik is a very good badminton player but to say he is the greatest badminton player in history is highly debatable and is unfair to the other great names that have graced the world badminton scene in the past! And to put all the great players under the same microscope without taking into account the different conditions they underwent is not realistic.

    If I have to chose between Rudy Hartono and Taufik Hidayat, without hesitation, I'll choose the former, Rudy. Why? Because apart from the 8 All-England title record that Rudy holds, his behaviour on court had been far better than Taufik's. If badminton was included in the Olympics during Rudy's era, I'm sure he would have won at least a gold medal. For the All-England then was the unofficial world title!

    Exactly what do we mean by 'greatest'? Is it just playing skills and winning major tournaments? If so certainly Rudy is not found lacking! Does greatness include the player's behaviour on court? If so, Taufik's behaviour has not been a good role model, many will agree.

    Some would even say that China's "The Thing" is the greatest player, skill-wise, even better than Rudy. But, unfortunately, because of politicial intervention, "The Thing" did not have much opportunity to display his prowess until well past his prime at over 30 years of age. And what about American Dave Freeman, who consistently beat Singapore's great Wong Peng Soon? And some of the great Danish players who were champions in their time? Now, how would we know until they have crossed swords to decide the winner! And what sort of criteria should we use?

  16. #16
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Tupai (from Msia)
    Posts
    750
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sabathiel
    You don't get to assume the greatest badminton player in history until you beat Rudy Hartono's 7 consecutive All England titles and 8 overall All England titles plus 1 World Championship title. If you beat Rudy's record then you can claim to be the Greatest in history. Taufik is a long way from being the Greatest with not even 1 All England title which is the equivalent of Wimbledon in tennis.
    I really dont think Rudy Hartono is the greatest badminton player of all time neither is Taufik. But both of them are consider legendary player.

    Rudy win a lot of title when badminton scene wasnt that competative.

  17. #17
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    327
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    hahaha I think the word "the greatest" would invite more arguments and debates, some more you add "in history", then I bet it becomes never ending argumentation. It is very very subjective. Even if IBF would to choose one of them to be crowned as "the greatest in history" it would still be highly debatable.

    I would rather use "one of the best players in his era", although still be debatable, but less

    As a comparison, I would not dare to say "Roger Federer" is the greatest in history, although he is undisputed world no 1 now.

Page 1 of 19 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Why Lee Chong Wei don't participate in a competition?
    By anfan2000 in forum South East Asian Games 2007 - Badminton
    Replies: 4
    : 12-06-2007, 09:30 PM
  2. CCC to participate in MASCA Contest 2007 ?
    By chris-ccc in forum CCC Badminton Club
    Replies: 0
    : 05-07-2007, 01:11 PM
  3. willl KKK/TBH participate in ABC???
    By alfa-2 in forum Asian Continental Championships 2007
    Replies: 28
    : 03-29-2007, 08:52 AM
  4. Taufik decided not to participate in All England
    By sugar_free in forum German Open / All England / Swiss Open 2007
    Replies: 160
    : 03-10-2007, 06:10 AM
  5. Who will participate the Japan Open?
    By jasonmarc in forum Japan Open / China Open 2006
    Replies: 56
    : 10-11-2006, 09:30 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •