Stores in Taiwan

Discussion in 'Market Place' started by TheRisingX, Jan 4, 2006.

1. TheRisingX

TheRisingX Regular Member

can anyone post up addresses of good badminton stores (stringing service as well would be preferred..) that are located in taiwan? (close to xin chu or taipei)...? thanks!~

2. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    I just came back from Taipei, with loads of badminton stuff (mostly Yonex). Here are some of the stores I visited during the trip. Give credits to Bluejeff, as the directions for 2 Yonex stores listed below, are from Bluejeff's PM to me. ;)

I would recommend 2 shops in Taipei: (Yonex)

1. The "Flying Dragon Jumping Tiger" (), located right in front of National Taiwan University. If you take the MRT, go to the "Gong Guan" station and take the exit number 4. Go straight from the exit and make a left turn at the first alley where there is a campus bookstore. ***Walk straigh for a few steps, you should be able to see a big Yonex logo sign at the shop across the street. The shop is on the "Tingzhou Rd Section 3" intersecting from the alley where campus bookstore is on.***

Note: This store just re-located. So, follow the direction prior to the "***"section. Once you made the left turn on the bookstore, go straight to the intersection. Then, turn right, go down about 3-4 blocks (if u see 7-11 on ur right, you are half way), then, you will see the store with a Yonex sign.

2."Song-Shan", located at the MRT "Yong chun" station. You can take the exit number 5 and make a left turn when you see the second road (a big road called "Song Shan Rd". From there you should be able to see the shop with Yonex logo right in front of you for a few steps.

Those two shops have plenty of goods. The first shop is a A class shop while the second shop is the Yonex flagship store (although the store is small).

3. MMOA show room: located at the MRT "Zhongshan Junior HS" station. Once your come out the station, on the left should be the intersection of "Fuxing North road" and "Mingquan East Road". The show room is at "section 327" of Fuxing North. You should pass a small section of "night market", and the direction is a bit confusing. The best way is to check MMOA's website, and keep the phone #. Once you get lost, call them.

3. silentheart

silentheart Regular Member

Hi LB,

I assume Mr. X know how to read mandrin. Why not just PM him address in chinese?

4. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer

Errrr... The problem is, I don't have any software installed in my computer to type that... :crying: Maybe Bluejeff can do that instead? ;)

5. scchang

scchang Regular Member

Mechanical Engineer
  6. bluejeff

bluejeff Regular Member

Developer
    The first store has recently moved to another location. The new location is at the other side of the NTU, which is not too far away from the original place.

7. TheRisingX

yes, i am capable of reading mandarin.. :)

any addresses in mandarin would be very appreciated...=)

8. Sealman

Sealman Regular Member

Racquet Collector
    I love shopping for badminton stuff in Taipei :D

There are two stores near the Shilin night market, both run by a Mr. Lin and his wife. Here is the link to one of the stores:
    http://slsport.pcadsl.com/index-badminton.htm
    http://hipage.hinet.net/Jieli/
    http://mysale.tacomart.com/cart/index.htm?domain=a128094252

[​IMG]

I understand from the lady boss that the above is the Yonex flagship store. The other store is smaller and located near KFC and Starbucks at Shilin night market. Both stores carry Yonex, Mizuno, Victor, Fleet products etc. Store prices are ~30% off the retail stickers. For reference price checks, you could refer to the mail order store: www.mattshop.com.tw

Have fun!

Cheers,
    Bruce

9. bluejeff

bluejeff Regular Member

Developer
    I don't recommend the shop to people nor any of my friends recommend it. People have tons of problems with them before and buying from them is the last thing I would do.

30% off the listing price is the Yonex recommended price in Taiwan. (as known by everyone in TW) Yonex-Japan reserves that margin for shops, and every shop is selling at that price if they don't know you.

10. Sealman

Sealman Regular Member

Racquet Collector
    Really? What kind of problems? Care to share? I must be a very lucky tourist then. Didnt encountered any problems at all.

11. bluejeff

bluejeff Regular Member

Developer
    Two of the major problems I concern about are:
    1. Their attitude is always "pushing". They will always want you to buy the most expensive racket even if you said you are beginner. Money is the only thing they care and the female boss at the flagship store is particularly like that.
    2. They have bad stringing practice even with ES5Pro. Some people's rackets are deformed after strung by them, after sent back to the original shop for another restringing service, they wouldn't even admit that it was them who strung the racket. This is a perfect example of good machines will not guarantee you good string jobs.

12. TheRisingX

bluejeff, with all this said, can you recommend me a store in either Hsinchu, Zhongli or Taipei? Thanks!

13. bluejeff

bluejeff Regular Member

Developer
    see post #2 in this thread, they are the only two shops in Taipei that I can recommend at this time. I don't know about other areas as I am from Taipei.

14. TheRisingX

could i have some directions to store #1? all the re-locations have got me confused now :p . And also, do any of these stores have sites? can you type up the mandarin names as well..:) thank you!

15. egibooga

egibooga Regular Member

GOOO TO THIS SHOP!!!!!!!!!!! I LIVE IN TAIWAN!! I SHOULD KNOW!! THIS IS THE BEST. well, the store owner is HELLA nice. well at least to me cuz i go there so much. there was once i had like a 50 % discount for a racket. you should go. those links are all the right links, maybe except for http://slsport.pcadsl.com/index-badminton.htm. im pretty sure i tried this one before :) you must have been there several times before.

16. egibooga

egibooga Regular Member

WHAT ARE U TALKING ABOUT?? lol i guess im over reacting cuz none of this has EVER happend to me. my rackets never got deformed. i have this racket that is just about broken, cuz its been hit so many times in doubles. i can hear stuff inside the frame part of the racket rolling around. the female boss is SOO nice!! lol. oh well. my opinion is completely diff from urs :) i thiink they're nothing to fear. also. my coach, who was taiwan #1 supports this store. so how bad can it be??

17. bluejeff

bluejeff Regular Member

Developer
    If you stay in their store and watch them stringing, you will find out sooner or later how bad they are. I did and I watched them strung in the wrong way.

Coaches don't count. They are business partners to the stores.

18. TheRisingX

bluejeff, do you know the address/directions to some stores you recommend?

19. bluejeff

bluejeff Regular Member

Developer
    Let me find it by asking my friends and I will get back to you.

20. bluejeff

bluejeff Regular Member

Developer
    I don't know if BC supports the MUL or not, but I hope you can see it.

The first store:
    龍騰虎躍: 汀州路三段123號 223676227

The second store:
    松山: 松山路340號 27626466

Both address and phone numbers are included.