Not Bad showing By gopi!

Discussion in '2002 Tournaments' started by Yogi, Apr 5, 2002.

1. Yogi

Yogi Regular Member

Not bad for someone who is coming out of a Injury! He beat Henderwan,Lin dan and Wu ! even though all of them were 5 setters my fingers are crossed as he will play LEE and possibly Xia!

What is most disappointing to know is that The Present All england champion alters at the second step! I thought that apart from Peter i presumed that Xia and Hong were the only 2 to make the transition very smoothly!

AS to plp saying that the Chinese women teams are better than the Chinese MEn's Doubles team i think they are in the semifinal and their path was not bad! They beat Bambang and also the English adopted Indo pair of Lempele who were former Champs!

Pls never ever compare teh abilities again! If then the chinese women team can beat everyone in this world! Which is simply Not true!

2. Bbn

Bbn Regular Member

Read Star on line to see how Gopi planned his strategy against

Lin Dan using the Good/slow and bad/fast sides of the court.

also Hafiz's game plan against Lee.

Very interesting semis.

Zhang/Zhang did well, I don't know if it will improve their ranking, they're safer playing as 2nd pair in doubles in T cup.

3. Yogi

Yogi Regular Member

How do i go to star online? if u can let me knwo the thread then i woudl be more than happy!

4. mo

mo Guest

http://thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=/2002/4/5/sports/chand&sec=sports