Wilson has 2 kinds of Ncode !!!

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by foo.tw, Jan 6, 2006.

1. foo.tw

foo.tw Regular Member

I think this is a new discovery, though it has been out for a long time.
    Wilson Ncode 85 85L 90 Pro series have an alternative series called Ncode XX "st" which is 10mm longer, 2 g heavier, and the balance point altered 5mm higher than normal version.
    I don't know how long it has been introduced.
    I ordered an Npro st as a backup of my almost break NS8000.

2. bluejeff

bluejeff Regular Member

Developer
    I think it has been like that for at leat 2 months or so when I first heard this.

3. donchang

donchang Regular Member

Ya, its has a model that is a bit longer that the other. I just brought 1 pc of wilson N Code (N Pro weight 94g Long Series) at Jb. This racquet is strongly recomended by the guy at the Permai Sport (Komtar Building). Its cost me about RM230 with string(Yonex BG66.25lbs),grip and a bag for single pc of racquet. This racquet has been used for 2 times and i still not getting use to it as the weight is more heavy than my previously racquet(Pro Ace Widebody 55).So did you guy own any wilson N Code racquet and can we share our experience over this brand??

4. EnggakMau

EnggakMau Regular Member

I just bought a Ncode Pro with BG85 @28 lbs. The shaft is the incredibly stiff and it is heavy. I expect powerful smashes from this racket, if not at least it is a good weapon for hitting someone.

5. donchang

donchang Regular Member

Wah!! 28lbs!! your arm is really powerful lah...I also find the racquet a bit heavy and i also feel that we need to spend more time on it before we can discover the unique of the reacquet lah... Hope we will not waste our money on buying this brand.

6. Taijis

Taijis Regular Member

My firend has the Wilson Ncode 4 YES 4, the even ncodes are coming out maybe 2 months from now. My frined broke his Ncode 3 , and returned it to Wilson. Then they replaced it wiht a n4 instead of an n3 ...dont know why but i think it is because they are of the same value almost. The n4 has no grommet holes at the 8 and 4 o clock positions..and the 10 and 2 positions. Isometric shape maybe 80~89 grams ish its nasty.

7. foo.tw

foo.tw Regular Member

I have played Npro st for a month now.
    This racket is extremly powerful and accurate.
    It also requires wrist power a lot.
    Generally, it's not a racket easy to deal with.
    But once you can handle the weight, stiffness,and small sweetspot, it will be a fast, powerful, and accurate weapon.

8. superstition

superstition Regular Member

Is there a comparable model in Yonex's line?

9. Josh²

Josh² Regular Member

Student
    Wilson N90

Hi all, I'm new to this forum but I've been an observer for about a year alrd. And since we're talking about Wilson rackets and I own one of them. Just to give my 2 cents worth of experience with my Wilson N90.

Wilson N90
    90g
    Oval cum Iso shape frame (It's like a combi of this two tech)
    Nano technology

I bought that racket for RM220 with grip, BG66 and got it stringed at 24lbs tension, and a wilson bag.

My first experience with it is just purely awesome. I can clearly feel the difference when I use this racket. I've been using it for about 5 months now. It is in my opinion a stiff racket and it's super anti-vibration racket I feel. Compared to my Cab 8 Tour SP, MP22, and Fischer, it absorbs alot of vibration and you won't feel tired. I feel it's just an extension to my arm, wrist. Yea, I don't own those 'big daddy's' racket i.e. AT700, AT800, MP99, MP100. But this racket to me is just amazing as I can literally feel that I use less power to send the birdy from baseline to baseline.

It's overall quite a balance racket so I personally don't feel sluggish and slow in my defence but instead my defence, offence and control has much improved since I used this racket. Lifting smashes is effortless, and the BEST part of this racket I feel is when I smash (due to the anti-vibration or torque) probably got to do with the volcanic cap just above the grip and definately how it's made, I feel I can deliver the best of my swing power as the racket is not one that is 'lively', it has minimum vibration and allows me to hit the spot that I want and deliver the birdy to where I want it to be. And most of the time, I don't feel tired after a long 2,1/2 hours of play even when it's a 90g racket. It's superb as it's just balance, the little vibration doesn't suck much of the arm & wrist muscle, it feels light, and the game play with this racket is really effortless. Even my friend who knows nothing about badminton can come and tell me that my wilson n90 racket is superb after he tried my other rackets. He says it hit's further. An I'm like 'yeah!' :D And it's pretty forgiving as well.

Pros: Super super low vibration :eek: , Cheap in price, Excellent in looks:cool:, stability in control, full power and accuracy in smashes, effortless defence.

Cons: Well, I haven't broken that racket even after many scratches and knocks. Well, honestly, I don't see any cons to this fine equipment. :cool:

I would highly recommend this racket to everyone.

Cheers.
    P.s. it's cheap compared to other rackets, if u guys can afford to buy those MP100, AT700 this one is dirt cheap and the best for it's price. I compared many rackets that is around the same price as this one and came to the conclusion that this wilson n90 is the best amongst it's range of price. Super value for money. And bragging rights for it's looks and power. :D

10. superstition

If you don't own "big daddy" racquets, how did you compare them and come to the conclusion that the n90 is a super value?

11. superstition

I've heard similar comments concerning various Yonex racquets, like the Ti-10, the Carbonex 20 Muscle, etc. How can I differentiate this model from the Yonex models, but also have an idea of what it's comparable to?

12. superstition

You know it's incredibly stiff, but haven't done any smashes with it?

13. foo.tw

foo.tw Regular Member

If you want a compare model, I would say MP100.
    Npro st is stiffer than mp100 and the frame is the combination of box and aero.

It's like a mp100 with a super aero frame.( YY called it delta frame)

Why not ns8000?
    Cause the way Npro performs is very different from ns8000.

IMO, it's more like the old MP100+new technologies.

14. EnggakMau

EnggakMau Regular Member

Just bought it last Sunday and will only have the chance to try it tomorrow.
    I bent it and found it the stiffest racket ever since Yonex Blacken.

15. EnggakMau

EnggakMau Regular Member

No lah... It is very common to string the rackets at 28lbs here. Some of my friends string at 30lbs.
    I told my plan to buy Wilson NCode Pro to one of my friend. He visited the store and found a newer and more expensive N2 then bought it. He played double pairing with an ex Olympic gold medalist. His smashes impressed us all. Even his pair jokingly asked me to find an insurance company for insuring his hands. I knew the secret....
    I just got my NCode Pro and will play double with my friend. Both of us will be the only guys using Wilson among our club.

16. Josh²

Josh² Regular Member

Student
    I'm comparing it with the other rackets I have i.e. Cab 8 Tour SP, Fischer, and MP22. And it's super value (for money). This quality for that kinda cash = very worth it. That's how I feel about it. :)

17. donchang

donchang Regular Member

OIC, Then you club has a lot of very good player lah. Last time i also has tried to string 26lbs and feel very tired after 3 game of play and wondering how you guy play at such high tension. Can you advise what is the secret behind all incredible smashing???? You can send me a pm if willing to advice?

18. Pete LSD

Pete LSD Regular Member

Soul Searching
    You have to pump lots of weight in order to take full advantage of the higher tension. Concentrate on your pronator and supinator.

19. EnggakMau

EnggakMau Regular Member

Some ex players occasionally visit our club and play for recretional games. Sometime we bet money on games between ex player with weak partner againts a strong pair.

Feeling very tired after 3 games of play is not bad at all. Sometime I give up at the middle of the game because of exhaustion.

Transfering body weight during smash boost the power. However, having powerful smashes is not all for winning the game. It is not effective against opponent who has good return.

20. donchang

donchang Regular Member

pronator and supinator??? wat tat mean? By the way how you guy train up your wrist power one?