400m Sprints

Discussion in 'Techniques / Training' started by Eurasian =--(O), Jan 8, 2006.

1. Eurasian =--(O)

Eurasian =--(O) Regular Member

I've just added 400m sprints to my fitness regimine for badminton. I was wondering what you guys would think is the better way to aim for improvement. Set a lower goal that is achievable lets say 1:40 seconds for 10 3 minute intervol 400ms and make most of them. Or set a goal of 1:20 seconds for 10 3 minute intervols and only make the first 4. Its wierd, I can run 400 m in less than 55 seconds once but am not even close to maintaining 1:20 for 10 times with 3 minute intervols.

IMO 400m sprints targets intermediate twitch fibers. Any other ways to improve this muscle group?

2. Darma Sucipto

Darma Sucipto Regular Member

hey.. i run 400m for my school :D ...and also 800m and 1500m for my school. i also represent my school for cross country, and also of course badminton!

about the improving your sprint..im not so sure about that because im not that expert in all those stuff...:confused: sorry..

3. ViningWolff

ViningWolff Regular Member

Process Engineer
    if you are running on a 400 meter track. I suggest this.

Run the first 200 meters, the walk the last 200. Soon as you reach the start point again, run like hell again.

yes the first few 200 meters you'll likely be only running 20-300 seconds, but as you get more winded the times will rise.

Target the last two times to be as low and as close as possible. ( why the last two? - it makes sure you're not dogging it and saving it for the very last go.

Another one run the stairs over near Cresent Heights, north of Princess Island park. Now the key is to RUN two-at-a-time as fast as you can until your legs die. Stop Rest. Run like hell again. Soon as you get to the top, jog back down one at a time.

There are 165 stairs, almost perfect for twitch range. I find that way my legs are dying before my lungs.

The other thing I suggest is Basketball - not this have court stuff, full court run and gun. All those sprints back and forth KILL.

4. ruth1

ruth1 Regular Member

Student Athlete
    It seems that 4 is not enough. Why don't you try doing 6 to 8? Also, if you're feeling really winded, give yourself an extra 15 seconds after every other run. To me, resting another 15 seconds would be better, and perform 7 runs, instead of stopping at 4.

5. Eurasian =--(O)

Eurasian =--(O) Regular Member

i do 10 but at the end im not exactly sprinting. :D