User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Any W.C. Han Fans ?

Any wong choon han fans here?

I like his style and watching him play but can someone tell me more about him?

He is always so serious and almost never smiles ... at the copenhagen masters he smiled once i almost fell out of my chair ..ahah it was the first time I've ever seen him do it.

In the past his game seems to have suffered from lack of patience during rallies and wanting to end the rally early ... he would make alot of mistakes but seems better now and more in control ...

he is a great player but still doesn't seem to be able to handle the top calibre guys like lin dan or bcl .... how old is he and will he be able to improve to that level?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wedgewenis
    Any wong choon han fans here?

I like his style and watching him play but can someone tell me more about him?

He is always so serious and almost never smiles ... at the copenhagen masters he smiled once i almost fell out of my chair ..ahah it was the first time I've ever seen him do it.

In the past his game seems to have suffered from lack of patience during rallies and wanting to end the rally early ... he would make alot of mistakes but seems better now and more in control ...

he is a great player but still doesn't seem to be able to handle the top calibre guys like lin dan or bcl .... how old is he and will he be able to improve to that level?
    WCH is VERY different off the court. He is very funny and friendly too everyone. We hung out together during worlds (i was an LO) and he is very humble and interesting. Definitely one of the friendliest players out there. I remember asking him if i could have one of his shirts for a souvenoir, he replied with a "later" and i thought that it was just an excuse to not give me one...how wrong i was! He ran up to me a couple days later through the tournament and handed it to me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yea oncourt he is the most serious player i've ever seen, but not in a bad way.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wedgewenis

He is always so serious and almost never smiles ...
    I think that most the time happen on court, but not off-court as many already said he is a friendly person.

If on court, that is kind of his strategy, psywar to his opponent

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He looks alike with Cristiano Ronaldo

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

his name is spelled like that..wong choong hann
    he is like 29 or 30 i think..
    i only became a fan of him when i watched his match against xia xuanze at the 2003 WC finals..thought he would win..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ya i love WCH style of play. too bad he is entering the end years of his career most likely

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wong choong hann is a former world no.1 player.. he is lacking out nowadays maybe is due to his age.. he is a very friendly person actually.. i met him during the malaysia open last year.. he was not in the semi-finals but he came to support the other team mates.. maybe he is not having any pressure, he is smiling the whole day long.... he is so polite and awesome!!

FULL NAME: WONG CHOONG HANN
    P.O.B: KUALA LUMPUR,MALAYSIA
    D.O.B: 17 FEBRUARY 1977
    MOST MEMORABLE ACHIEVEMENT: WINNING THE CHINA OPEN TITLE IN 2002
    HEIGHT: 183 CM
    HOROSCOPE: aquarius

this are a bit information about wong choong hann.. last year, he is studying buisness admistration in a private college..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He is the best player in the world now !!!
    He is the only player playing MS, MD & MX. doubt lin dan & taufik can do that

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sweetluv
    he is smiling the whole day long.... he is so polite and awesome!!
    yeah i totally agree with smiling/laughing all day long... u can see from the pics me and anne took in cph.
    in cph masters (last day) he came to me and asked.. why are u here so early today... and i replied that i had to help with some stuff in the finals. then he said (while i was eating a chinabox): YUMMY! make me feel hungry... smells GOOOOD then he touched his tummy... i was like: if u're hungry, i can give u haha... then he said... no no haha... then we were chatting for a while... talking about different things... and he had to go he waved. wch is definitely one of the most gentle players around. he rules!!! like him lots!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

me,me!hands up!
    but i don't know much about him.....
    i'd like to know more....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah... i have the same idea with u yannie!! he was once the VERY BEST player!! he might not be as fit as last time, but i think he has make malaysia proud before.. i really need to salute him!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

in my opinion, he is one of the most respectable and admirable players ever! good in studies as well as badminton. he got 12As for his SPM when he was younger. he is also the friendliest and most disciplined player. many people who have met him said the same thing. my PE teacher who was a nat. swimmer said that wch would be the one of the few badminton players who talks to everyone in the gym where most nat. players of diff. fields work out. plus he used to be an extremely good player and during his peak, there were many players out there who feared him. probably cuz he looked so fierce on court . but off court, he is really nice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Choong Han is the 1st badminton player that I liked when I first get in touch with badminton... I would never forget how 'fierce' and serious he lookd on court during tournaments. Really really diff if you were to know him off court... I especially like his footwork n style of play. Hope to c more of him in tournaments even though age is catching up wif him

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by yannie
    yeah i totally agree with smiling/laughing all day long... u can see from the pics me and anne took in cph.
    in cph masters (last day) he came to me and asked.. why are u here so early today... and i replied that i had to help with some stuff in the finals. then he said (while i was eating a chinabox): YUMMY! make me feel hungry... smells GOOOOD then he touched his tummy... i was like: if u're hungry, i can give u haha... then he said... no no haha... then we were chatting for a while... talking about different things... and he had to go he waved. wch is definitely one of the most gentle players around. he rules!!! like him lots!!!

hahaha make sure he didnt laugh at you bout me.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WCH was once ranked #1 in MS in the world. Does anyone know if he's comfortable speaking English or does he mainly converse in a Chinese dialect (which ones)?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by madbad
    WCH was once ranked #1 in MS in the world. Does anyone know if he's comfortable speaking English or does he mainly converse in a Chinese dialect (which ones)?
    He can speak english.. mandarin and cantonese is good as wel.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast