User Tag List

Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Knee injury

  1. #1
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Unhappy Knee injury

    Hi.
    About 4 months ago I hyperextended my knee while playing badminton My knee then would not bend properly when I walked and it was painfull to bend. I then saw a sports docter and he diagnosed it as a LCL sprain. I was on crutches and a knee immobilizer for the first month. I went back and the pain was still there so he sent me to a physical therapist. I went there for a month and it didn't get any better or worse. So I went back to the docter and he ordered an MRI. The MRI showed a tibial plateu bone bruse and a bruise on my femur. So the docter put me back on crutches for two more weeks. Then I went back, and it still hurt to bend. He then said he was contemplating a meniscus tear. He sent me to another docter for a second opinion. I went there and the 2nd docter then ordered an arthroscopic surgery. I hd my scoping done on May 25th and they didn't see any cartiledge damage but they took out an orthoarthritis lump.
    It has been about a month since the surgery and it is still painful to touch, run, and squat. I can bend it now with minimal pain but why is it still hurting on the lateral side? Please if you know give me some advice.

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    6,302
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Sorry to hear your knee condition but we are not sports medicine specialists. May be you can explain to us what is a orthoarthritis lump? Good luck with your recovery. Please take it easy!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by xxsnsxx
    Hi.
    About 4 months ago I hyperextended my knee while playing badminton My knee then would not bend properly when I walked and it was painfull to bend. I then saw a sports docter and he diagnosed it as a LCL sprain. I was on crutches and a knee immobilizer for the first month. I went back and the pain was still there so he sent me to a physical therapist. I went there for a month and it didn't get any better or worse. So I went back to the docter and he ordered an MRI. The MRI showed a tibial plateu bone bruse and a bruise on my femur. So the docter put me back on crutches for two more weeks. Then I went back, and it still hurt to bend. He then said he was contemplating a meniscus tear. He sent me to another docter for a second opinion. I went there and the 2nd docter then ordered an arthroscopic surgery. I hd my scoping done on May 25th and they didn't see any cartiledge damage but they took out an orthoarthritis lump.
    It has been about a month since the surgery and it is still painful to touch, run, and squat. I can bend it now with minimal pain but why is it still hurting on the lateral side? Please if you know give me some advice.

  3. #3
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Yeah, I know but I didn't know if anyone had any idea...
    An orthoarthritis lump is a clump of orthoarthritis due to my meniscus injury.

  4. #4
    Regular Member ants's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Malaysian Citizen of the World
    Posts
    13,157
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I think it will be good to get few opinions and more scans before you do anything. Its a knee we are talking about. At the meantime.. try not to move ur knee so much.

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    San Jose, CA
    Posts
    1,241
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    It will take a while for your knee to fully heal. It could take up to a year for it to heal. I was still in pain a month after my surgery and even months then after. So just be patient and talk to your doctor about it. He'll probably just recommend some stuff for the pain and swelling.

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    6,302
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    "a clump of orthoarthritis due to my meniscus injury"

    Are you talking about an outgrowth of fibro-cartilage from the site of your injury? Can you find the injury you sustained from the reference website below? Thanks!

    http://www.arthroscopy.com/

    http://www.arthroscopy.com/sp05000.htm

  7. #7
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    http://www.arthroscopy.com/sp05005.htm
    If you scroll down to the image of the meniscus, there's a spot where it says "MF" that looks like, from what they showed me, what they removed.

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    santa clara, CA & India
    Posts
    310
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xxsnsxx
    http://www.arthroscopy.com/sp05005.htm
    If you scroll down to the image of the meniscus, there's a spot where it says "MF" that looks like, from what they showed me, what they removed.
    well, my injury was not same... but i too was operated on my knee about 14months ago... after the surgery, i had bad time with all the pain for about 2-3weeks... later, the doctor changed my medicine and the pain was relieved... but i cudn't move at all.. was on crutches for about 3months... after 1 month from surgery, I started going to physio therapy sessions for almost 2 months (i was very slow in recovery... other guys finish in almost 3-4weeks)... it was extremely painful to bend my knee in the beginning (i almost cried) but slowly it progressed and now, i can run cautiously and start to play badminton... Still till date, I am working on my quads, hams to stregthen them up..

    my injury is not same as urs but i think it takes time after you are operated. ask your doctor if you need physio-therapy sessions to help bending your knee. Starting physio-therapy at the right time is important (but only if you need it.)

  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    5
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Synvisc can help you xxsnsxx

    Quote Originally Posted by Pete LSD
    Sorry to hear your knee condition but we are not sports medicine specialists. May be you can explain to us what is a orthoarthritis lump? Good luck with your recovery. Please take it easy!!!
    Hey xxsnsxx, it's true there arent medicine specialists here, but there is one medication that I will surely recommend you and it's Synvinsc (http://www.drugdelivery.ca/s3352-s-SYNVISC.aspx) = you can find more about it on the URL above, and I hope it helps you. Briefly speaking, Synvisc treats osteoarthritis and knee pain problems..so it might be helpful !! I'm telling you from experience as I had sprained my knee badly once while playing badminton itself, and I had to take SYNVISC to feel better. Atleast for me, it was a help! All the best and take care

  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    6,302
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    That's hyaluronic acid. How many intra-articular injection did you have?

    Quote Originally Posted by racketom
    Hey xxsnsxx, it's true there arent medicine specialists here, but there is one medication that I will surely recommend you and it's Synvinsc (http://www.drugdelivery.ca/s3352-s-SYNVISC.aspx) = you can find more about it on the URL above, and I hope it helps you. Briefly speaking, Synvisc treats osteoarthritis and knee pain problems..so it might be helpful !! I'm telling you from experience as I had sprained my knee badly once while playing badminton itself, and I had to take SYNVISC to feel better. Atleast for me, it was a help! All the best and take care

Similar Threads

  1. Knee Injury or?
    By Vertix in forum Injuries
    Replies: 2
    : 01-25-2012, 09:13 PM
  2. Knee Injury
    By anirban in forum Injuries
    Replies: 4
    : 04-17-2011, 12:21 PM
  3. Knee Injury...
    By Matt Ross in forum Injuries
    Replies: 21
    : 03-04-2005, 05:38 PM
  4. Knee injury
    By downNunder in forum Injuries
    Replies: 5
    : 10-14-2004, 12:00 AM
  5. Knee injury, again...
    By LazyBuddy in forum Injuries
    Replies: 44
    : 05-16-2003, 11:37 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •