User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by badMania
    For players who fail in one tournament, they will not be sent to compete for 2 mths, ie: have to stay in Cipayung for more trainings. The length of punishment increases for every failure: two tournaments = 3 mths; 3 tournaments = 6 mths. What about experience one might ask....Rudi Hartono replied that these players have already been competing in tournaments for quite some time. He even compared his own situation decades back when he claimed that he was only sent overseas once a year. He trained hard for 6 mths and became an All England Champion. There was no difference between him and the current players; or between the strength of the field previously and now. So, if he can do it, the current batch of players can do it too!
    LOL!!!!

If my Proff ever read this i'd hear his famous line 'INI ORANG TIADA BELAJAR EKONOMI!'
    -> Translated into 'THIS PERSON NEVER STUDIED ECONOMICS' which is his comment & opinion about people he talked about during lecture.

This list of people included journalist / policy makers / decision makers / other lecturers LOL.

Seriously agree something odd is cooking. What happened to that gargantum sponsorship from Yonex? Is this a case of Penny Wise Pound Foolish?

The Borneon BaddyNut.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think PBSI are completely stupid.
    They are directly responsible for the recent decline of indonesian badminton.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by seven
    I think PBSI are completely stupid.
    They are directly responsible for the recent decline of indonesian badminton.
    The less exposure they give the less development we will see from indonesian players

The less progress means less indonesians any where near telecasted badminton........... and less indonesian 'promoting' yonex products & apparel to the mainstream public.

what do you think Yonex is gonna do when the time comes to review the sponsorship contract

The Borneon BaddyNut

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That is true. PBSI has made a big mistake, but they don't realize that. Come on, if PBSI still want to get many success, they should change the policy. The less they send the players to the tournaments, the less they will get the good result. It is a matter of experience for the players. Or maybe they want to wait for changing policy until (if) the Uber Cup Team doesn't qualify for the UC Final this year. Remember they have to compete with Malaysia, Singapore, Thailand, Hongkong. For Korea, Indonesia will lose, I think. So, this is a big task of PBSI.

But, maybe this is also because money problem. I did not see any increasing or improvements since Sutiyoso became the President of PBSI. Don't know whose mistake is this???

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default too much pressure

I think punishment for top player will add too much pressure to their game. They already receiving tons of pressure from people expectation. I think this system will only works for lower level player.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by peace
    Or maybe they want to wait for changing policy until (if) the Uber Cup Team doesn't qualify for the UC Final this year. Remember they have to compete with Malaysia, Singapore, Thailand, Hongkong. For Korea, Indonesia will lose, I think. So, this is a big task of PBSI.
    Not qualifying for the Uber Cup is probably the best thing which could happen to indonesian badminton. The only chance of them changing their policy...

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by seven
    Not qualifying for the Uber Cup is probably the best thing which could happen to indonesian badminton. The only chance of them changing their policy...
    Sorry to sound cynical but I think there must be a degree of corruption/ moneatry kickbacks involved. IF this is the case PBSI will not change. Those pocketing the money will milk this situation as long as possible. After all, they are looking after THEIR future. *sarcasm*

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hcpoirot
    This is another lame excuse for PBSI not to send players who cannot make money for hem and only send top players like Taufik, Chandra/Sigit, Luluk/Alven and Nova/Lily. Cause they are PBSI machine money now. I wonder what PBSIofficials will do with lots of money they surely will made this year by this hilarious new rules?
    Can you elaborate this further? The winnings by Indonesian players are not much and PBSI only gets a share (50%?). In general, prize monies of IBF events are relatively low. I thought much more can be derived from sponsorships (like Yonex and the big commercial houses), TV commercials and TV revenue. What monetary benefit can PBSI enjoy by not sending their best players for overseas tournaments?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

God damn PBSI! I am an Indonesian and I want our players to succeed! It is absolutely crazy to punish them like that. The more sensible way to do this is to send young players to 1* or 2* tournaments first and then if they do well they can keep going up and up. With their current system, young players will only play a few tournaments a year and they will not have enough world ranking points to get a good draw. Bad draw means they will probably lose in the first round against some top player. What the hell is the guy thinking?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

so we will either see indonesians Dominate the world stage or not see them again ever...

i highly doubt someone like taufik will not leave the pbsi if this was to happen...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is the main reason why Chinese badminton is getting better, but Indonesian badminton is going downhill. One is willing to spend, the other is trying to save every penny.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Isn't it punishment enough in itself if the person loses say, in the first round? I would think that's humiliating enough if the player has trained for however many years. Pity that Indonesia wants to do that. They could do so much better.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If we had any hesitation whether PBSI was right or not with its policy, the catastrophic results at this year's All England seem to give a big part of the answer...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So, Novita, Polii, Candra, Sigit, Markis, Hendra, Sony. All of you, to the doghouse!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Quasimodo
    So, Novita, Polii, Candra, Sigit, Markis, Hendra, Sony. All of you, to the doghouse!
    Now OK they won't compete in any tournament for the next 2 months (same for Simon etc...), but will they be "allowed" to compete in Thomas & Uber Cup even so??

Completely silly PBSI policy...

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Quasimodo
    and that leaves..... no one. Hahahahahaha PBSI, let's see you dig yourself out of this one (BTW, they will save BIG $$$$ thus achieving one of their objectives)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It is indeed PBSI's foolish mistake....PBSI, come on, be realistic......Maybe the organizer of PBSI (people in charge of organization) should be changed...especially the president of PBSI. Look....PBSI had lost TC, UC, SC.....and this year AE shows that Indonesia is going downhill sharply......
    It is a pity as well, to still rely on players who are getting older without proper regeneration

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast