User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All right. All of you in the doghouse, bunch up. Make space. Luluk and Alven will be joining you soon.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So many negative comments, I think I will agree with the PBSI's decision right now. What is wrong with the Indonesian players? Can anyone tell me? Why is it that only Taufik can consistently beat the Chinese? I think if PBSI keeps on going the way it used to go, its players will definetely stop showing up in semi finals when Taufik is gone.

Really, international exposure is not all that matters, otherwise Singapore could've done fairly well producing two or three champions of its own. But it doesnt, does it? Like Rudy has pointed out between the lines of his sentences, Indonesia's failure is because the players lacks discipline in training. They don't train hard enough Surely they don't train as hard as the Chinese do. So what's the aim of this new policy? For me, it says: "Show me that you're worth my time and money, and I will in turn send you overseas to compete." and I think that that is good.

I have one of Tang Xing Hu's training vid, recorded while he was still in Indonesia. In it, he mentions that at the top level, everyone should be even in terms of technique and physique. The difference, should only be in the psychological aspect. That is why players need to develop a strong character. But look at it now, do you think the Indonesians are even as fit as their Chinese counter-parts? I don't think so. And to be honest, when you've gone through tough training, I would expect that your mental toughness would be tougher than if you haven't trained as tough.
    Last edited by Iwan; 01-20-2006 at 07:47 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by seven
    Now OK they won't compete in any tournament for the next 2 months (same for Simon etc...), but will they be "allowed" to compete in Thomas & Uber Cup even so??

Completely silly PBSI policy...
    Thomas/Uber Cup is the exception for that system, they already clearly said that. The system is only applicable to individual tourney not team, but however i still find it too much especially for regeneration of players hehe

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default INA MD coach requested PBSI to review the system

After "Total" failure in AE2006 for INA, Christian Hadinata, INA MD coach voiced out about the current "Reward & Punishment" and "target oriented" system. He requested PBSI to review again about the system for sending players to overseas tournaments, because it will threaten the regeneration continuity of INA players. Same opinion said by Icuk Sugiarto and Rexy Mainaky. Seems that INA players had heavy burden in their shoulder, therefore they couldn't play relax, it was clearly seen in the match, said Rexy.

Christian also said, in general, maybe target oriented can be imposed to senior players, but not to junior players. In the end, he said the failure of AE this year, indeed it's not "direct" impact from that "target-oriented" system.

I think he is implying that if this go on and on with that system then just a matter of time it will definitely have direct impact to the INA badminton.

the source can be found below but in indonesian
    http://www.kompas.com/kompas-cetak/0...or/2388279.htm

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well done, Messrs. Hadinata, Sugiarto and Mainaky!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good thing that some coaches speak out against this stupid system.

Now no other than Nova/Butet can compete for the next two months if the reward/punishment system is applied...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by eskey
    After "Total" failure in AE2006 for INA, Christian Hadinata, INA MD coach voiced out about the current "Reward & Punishment" and "target oriented" system. He requested PBSI to review again about the system for sending players to overseas tournaments, because it will threaten the regeneration continuity of INA players. Same opinion said by Icuk Sugiarto and Rexy Mainaky. Seems that INA players had heavy burden in their shoulder, therefore they couldn't play relax, it was clearly seen in the match, said Rexy.

Christian also said, in general, maybe target oriented can be imposed to senior players, but not to junior players. In the end, he said the failure of AE this year, indeed it's not "direct" impact from that "target-oriented" system.

I think he is implying that if this go on and on with that system then just a matter of time it will definitely have direct impact to the INA badminton.

the source can be found below but in indonesian
    http://www.kompas.com/kompas-cetak/0...or/2388279.htm
    sigh, hope PBSI will listen to him, but I don't place much hope on this
    sometimes one player plays very bad in one tournament and will play extremely well in the tournament after. do you remember last year's SO and MO?i remember LCW played not very well in SO(left the tournament very early), but he got the title in MO. if PBSI's rules were applied on him he certainly would have lost that MO title

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3