User Tag List

Thread: Baddy fanatic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Baddy fanatic

Hello BC'ers,

You can call me just anthony, and I am from the US.

I am 16 years old and started playing almost a year ago, and I have been working hard since then. My dad has taught me all the basics concerning drives, smashes, clears, and drops. Recently, I used video of pros to observe the different types of footwork and strategies applied other than the basics I learned. The pro's style which I am most attracted to is Taufik Hidayat.

My training regime has also been rigorous. On a consistent basis, I have done weights, situps, squats, skipping, running, and jogging. Right now, I'm trying to find a good hillsprint routine to follow. I would be thankful if I could receive some help on that.

My goal is to go as far as I know I can go, and as a my highschool education completes, I plan on balancing studies and badminton in college. I know it will be a challenge because I desire to study medicine or business.

I know in order to have a chance of becoming pro, I need true training. I am a bit behind because I am just joining a club now, but I have been promised to get good tutoring from players there and good experience surely. Looking around here, there is a plentiful amount of drills I can do for myself.

Glad to be part of the community ,
    Anthony
    Last edited by anthony1; 01-16-2006 at 10:12 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Welcome to BF Anthony, you surely seem very motivated for someone who has only taken up the game one year ago!

Good luck with your progress!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by seven
    Welcome to BF Anthony, you surely seem very motivated for someone who has only taken up the game one year ago!

Good luck with your progress!
    haha, I agree.

Make sure you have a Good diet for doing all that work, getting a lot of energy and protein is essential.

Giving up anything bad for you helps depending on what it is too! If you drink, I gave up the vast quantities I drank and although I miss it a little, feel generally much better! I've gave up crisps etc...not that you need to give up Everything

I suggest if you really aspire and have the stamina to do all that, to go high in badminton, a coach is pretty essential, or try to get noticed in a few clubs etc.

But don't be put off by your age at all, a few international players started at ages like 16!

Good luck.