Help! Confused on which racket to buy!!

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by backspace, Jan 16, 2006.

1. backspace

backspace Regular Member

Hi, I am a highschool player who plays singles and doubles. I have been using a Yonex Iso 30, but obviously that's outdated :p So I'm currently searching for a new one.

Right now, I'm looking @ some victor and yonex rackets, in particular: Victor Artery Tec 98L, Artery Tec Pro 998; or Yonex Armortec 500, or 800DE. But.. the yonex ones are all pretty expensive and I have to pay for this myself >P which sucks.

so can anybody give me an idea of what kind of racket i should be looking for or any comments about the ones i suggested above, etc etc. thankss!

good but cheap.. sighh hard to find these days -_-

2. hemants

hemants Regular Member

I recently tested the AT800DE and the MP66. The MP66 came pretty close and is significantly cheaper. Try it out!

3. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    Without knowing ur playing style, it's hard to comment. If just quality vs. price concern, I have the following on my list at this moment:

1. Yonex Cab30ms (3u)
    2. ProKennex D800 (iso) / C700 (oval)
    3. Yangyang Tactic8500 (if u still can find it, not JSmash 8500 though)

4. bluejeff

bluejeff Regular Member

Developer
    What is your budget? and preferences?

5. backspace

backspace Regular Member

my budget is around $100 US, no more than $110. I woudl like a racket that is stiff enough (but also light) for powerful baseline to baseline clears and smashes but also flexible enough for good drops.. does that answer the preference question?

6. event

event Regular Member

If you're in California, you have access to a great price on Gosen racquets, including US$105 for the Gosen 5300 WPP from San Diego Badminton Supply. This is the best racquet I've ever owned but I had to pay US$185 for mine (price in Korea, Canada, and Japan are all similarly sky high). The 5300 has all kinds of power and good control. Toronto seems to have the best prices on Victor but I don't know if they have the AT-98 now. I bought a Victor Super Nano from there and am quite happy with it.

7. event

event Regular Member

Check out
    this thread on the Victor 98.

8. winterwindwolf

winterwindwolf Regular Member

graphic design
    seek help to identify a racket model

i got this racket from a guy in Europe. but i have no idea what model is it and what is the value of it, so i hope someone in here can help me to identify it. Let me list the Info on the frame:

It's Carlton brand; on the bottom of the shaft a mark code-BOGA; on the top con of the shaft it print-POWERFLO; On where usually should print model numbers, instead it print-AERODYNAMIC FORM, OPEN, and Designed in Europe; the shape of the head is much more oval then other rackets i have ever seen, it look like a Y at where the tri connet should be (maybe because it's europen style?), one piece frame. on inner of the head it print-P.S.S. Power String System.

So? Anyone got any idea what model is it? Please tell me!