Looking for good players in Shanghai

Discussion in 'China / Hong Kong' started by - FredH -, Jan 16, 2006.

1. - FredH -

- FredH - New Member

Hi, my name is Fred, 29, Canadian, and I am in Shanghai for a year or more. I am looking for good players or a group/club of good players to play with. Players who play badminton more then once a week would be preffered.

My level is above average (not pro) and I can perform all the shots very well.

If you are interested in playing together, please send me a line to fhult99@hotmail.com. I would love to hear from you!

Note, I can not read or speak Chinese, but I would still be happy to play with anyone!

_FreD_

2. ChNwEi310

ChNwEi310 Regular Member

There's a pretty big place at the Shanghai Institute of Physical Education. Even though there are people that train there (like kids who are really good), I think there are times when you can go and play. I remember when I wasn't training, there were a bunch of people there that played recreationally, and plus you can watch people train sometimes. Some of kids there who train go on to the national team, and the rest are still incredibly good.

I'm not gonna be there till summer though, so good luck trying to find people who speak English, but that's one place where you can play.

3. qqsu_azure

qqsu_azure Regular Member

Software Developer
    Don't know whether you receive my email. I sent twice and get page cannot found.
    There's a local badminton club named 'HuiYou'(website: www.15vs0.com, chinese only). I think some high players in this club plays good. And this club have many times and places for players in every week.

4. michaelcool

michaelcool Regular Member

IT

do u still wait there? check ur mail pls.:cool:

5. - FredH -

- FredH - New Member

Hi

Thanks for the replies, and again, many thanks for the info on additional places to play. However, I am currently in Canada.

With all the new locations mentioned here, I am looking forward to my return to Shanghai in August or September. I'll be sure to check out these new places as soon as a arrive.

Many thanks

_FreD_

6. michaelcool

michaelcool Regular Member

IT
    Hi,FredH, which city do u live in? i 'll go canada in July and stay there for about half a month, my destination is Regina. if possible, we can take a match in CA , and if u win , i wll invite u to eat chinese traditional snacks in shanghai. :D

#6 michaelcool, Apr 24, 2006
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2006