Review: Carlton Powerblade Titanium 05

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Stuart2502, Jan 17, 2006.

1. Stuart2502

Stuart2502 Regular Member

Project Manager
    Hi guys not been a member long but would like to give my review of the aforementioned racquet.

Specs (from centralsports.co.uk)

Material - Titanium/Graphite
    Head Shape - IsoFrame
    Shaft - Flex System
    Shaft Construction - Graphite
    Weight - 87 grams (Not sure about that seems lighter even with towel grip) Flex - Normal
    String - Multi-Fibre
    Mfrs. Max Stringing Tension - 24 lbs (currently 20 lbs perfect for smashes)
    Grip - G3
    Player Type - Intermediate Offensive
    Played 6 sessions with it since buying it and wow what an improvement in my game! This is my own first quality racquet (I've used my friends MP-100 and AT700 so knew I needed a better racquet)and the step up has been worthwhile. My net play is more controlled, smashes now travel a great deal faster with the shuttle usually skating a good 6 feet from landing and my clears take very little effort. All of the above might be because my previous racquet had awful strings and cost me £10 but I'd like to hope that I've found a good racquet for me. Will update as time goes on.

Price - I purchased this for £23.99 with an RRP of £50 so I'll say 10/10
    Performance - Smash 7/10 I use more strength than technique currently though. Net and control 8/10 Really impressive.
    Overall - Good quality racquet, well weighted, good for doubles better for singles. 8/10

2. other

other Regular Member

Student
    are u using the factory strings?
    how stiff do u feel the racquet is, compared to say the at700 and mp100 u've tried. would u say it is a head heavy, balanced or head light racquet?

cheers:)

3. Stuart2502

Stuart2502 Regular Member

Project Manager
    I would say it was slightly head heavy but not much and I'm using factory strings might be swapping to BG80 as my friends have all used that string and have said it was a pretty good all rounder. Shaft is more flexible than Yonex racquets but again not by much.

4. sky713

sky713 Regular Member

Student
    this is a head light raquet..i brought it today for 19pounds 50 in a sale..it seems ok..but i don;t really like the orange colour..i just thought i should get a cheaper one as i might buy better one swhen i improve more

5. logatech

logatech Regular Member

You must be talking about Airblade Ti :confused:
    Powerblade Ti 05 is silver not orange:)

6. sky713

sky713 Regular Member

Student
    it says powerblade graphite on the racquet...my fd brought the silver one..which is the Ti one ..
    and i noticed that my racquet is orangegy under yellowish lights, and red under the white lights in the sports hall...which is a better colour:)

i tried using my fd's Ti one..i think the graphite one is better..maybe because i've not used a head heavy one before..